The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
they shouldn't complain, they could reap some financial benefits, which could be the difference between staying up in League 1 and going down, or getting promoted.

It only takes 1 loan player to click and they're challenging for promotion.

They would probably get first option on our deadwood graduates, who are a) getting better in standard year on year and b) as proven over the years make good careers for themselves.

They won't get loaned our top prospects because they need to play at a higher level in more technically demanding environments.

That being said I really wish we would take over a Liga Adelante club and have some semblance of control over our youngsters on loan in a good league, either that or do what Chelsea do with Vitesse and have 6 on loan at the same club. I just think a Liga Adelante side would solve the problem of Barca B coming back and poaching anybody at 19/20 because we don't have a coherent transition setup in the UK.
If I was an Oldham I would not be happy for my team ignoring its own prospects for a premier league reserve teams deadwood.

Their own prospects, like Jose Baxter who they pinched on release from Everton a while back? they have hardly any "own prospects", most of them are Premier League clubs releases or have been around the block, they shouldn't complain about direct access to one of the fastest growing pools of young talent at what's going to be the best academy in England in the not too distant future.
Well for example on their board they say David Mellor their own academy graduate has been pushed out for Plummer who is on loan from us and so far has been dreadful going by reports. Other loans from us have included Scapuzzi, Mancini, Bunn etc these players would struggle to get in a League 2 side. Wabara has been the only one even close to be considered a success. If they were getting the likes of Pozo, Denayer, Lopes on loan I would agree you but they are getting the bottom end players.

greasedupdeafguy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
If I was an Oldham I would not be happy for my team ignoring its own prospects for a premier league reserve teams deadwood.

Their own prospects, like Jose Baxter who they pinched on release from Everton a while back? they have hardly any "own prospects", most of them are Premier League clubs releases or have been around the block, they shouldn't complain about direct access to one of the fastest growing pools of young talent at what's going to be the best academy in England in the not too distant future.
Well for example on their board they say David Mellor their own academy graduate has been pushed out for Plummer who is on loan from us and so far has been dreadful going by reports. Other loans from us have included Scapuzzi, Mancini, Bunn etc these players would struggle to get in a League 2 side. Wabara has been the only one even close to be considered a success. If they were getting the likes of Pozo, Denayer, Lopes on loan I would agree you but they are getting the bottom end players.

because that's all we had in a transition period. They hopefully won't get our best prospects because we should be cherry picking loans for our best talents so they get the right development, which I why I think we need to set up a feeder club or B team in a competitive and technical league.

The fact is though that even those that won't make the grade with us in future are going to be better than the ones that aren't now, it didn't help in the case of some of the loans that they didn't use them properly, that's also another issue when you get lower league clubs with staff who aren't as qualified or as talented as what we have at the top of the game.

Personally I think the standard is poor in League 1 and it doesn't help our players who come from a technical setup with loads of gifted players around them, it's why you see many academy graduates disappear into the lower leagues before making a name for themselves. Don't want to be rude about Oldham but I can see a fair few of our lads struggling when they've been brought up on a possession game then dumped into a 3 month loan at a club where nobody else can pass it straight for more than 10 yards, which judging from some of Oldham's games last season wasn't far off the mark. In those cases the technically deficient lumps like Wabara actually fare much better.

City EDS take on Bayern Munich on Tuesday in the final group match of the UEFA Youth League.

A strong showing in the competition to date sees the young Blues with a good chance of progressing, but they do need to earn a point in Germany to ensure qualification.

City are tied at the top of the group with CSKA Moscow on ten points apiece, but with the Russians ahead on head to head record, the Blues will be relying on Viktoria Plzen to get a result if they are to progress as group winners.

Last time these two teams met City fired six of the best past their Bayern counterparts in a one-sided demolition job at Ewen Fields. However, with Bayern earning all three points away to group leaders CSKA last time out, Patrick Vieira’s men will be taking nothing for granted in this crucial encounter.

The EDS have been turning on the style in front of goal in the inaugural season of this competition, and have already found the net 15 times. Marcos Lopes and Devante Cole have five goals apiece, which leaves them as two of the players tied at the top of the goalscoring charts.

Meanwhile, Sinan Bytyqi’s total of three assists in the campaign is also the most achieved so far in the competition.

Vieira’s squad is a mixture of EDS and under-18 players, with Angelino, Kean Bryan, Ash Smith-Brown and Jack Byrne already earning starts in a strong and competitive squad.

Angus Gunn is likely to return between the sticks after a spell on the sidelines due to a hand injury, while Lopes made his comeback against Middlesbrough on Friday night and should be fit to start in Germany.

Kick off is at 2pm (GMT). We’ll have updates on twitter and a match report on mcfc.co.uk.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Why are eurosport showing the Barce vs Celtic game where the result means nothing rather than the Bayern vs city game. Wankers.

Upsetting i know,perhaps a last minute change of scheduling may save the day....not holding my breath though......

I'm sure there will be a stream.

Seems Eurosport definitely not showing this so if any one can help with an alternative option of viewing it,it will be much appreciated,cheers

Really hoping the lads do the business in this game. It's like the entree before the main course.

My view of Bayern is that they are the rags of Germany, so any victory over them is ever so sweet. I am quietly confident as Paddy has them playing much better than earlier in the season. Also he has a few of the all conquering under 18's in the team, and they would be super confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.