• Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
Matty said:
dingdingding said:
Oooooooook.

Are you a woman? That's some fine female logic.

There's no point sacking him if there's no plan for replacing him. It would seem "female logic" and "logic" are one and the same thing in your mind so perhaps I should as YOU if you're a woman?

not having a pop mate but of course there wil be a plan for replacing him, we will not struggle for top notch applicants and that is a fact.

blueinsa said:
And despite the inners suggesting that we are a very small mad minority, the vote suggests otherwise, with only 39% saying he should stay!
To be honest I would have thought It would be about even Inners and outers with a small percentage on the fence but the facts are as it stands on this vote two thirds don't think sacking him is the immediate answer. Take out the small percentage of the outers who's only arguement is "he's an ex rag" but yes you are a minority. I will debate happily with people whom put across an honest opinion thats what the forum is for but as I said despite you being in the minority the outers create the most topics.

Out. No progress in terms of how we play. No sign of progress. Previously good players going backwards.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
blueinsa said:
And despite the inners suggesting that we are a very small mad minority, the vote suggests otherwise, with only 39% saying he should stay!
To be honest I would have thought It would be about even Inners and outers with a small percentage on the fence but the facts are as it stands on this vote two thirds don't think sacking him is the immediate answer. Take out the small percentage of the outers who's only arguement is "he's an ex rag" but yes you are a minority. I will debate happily with people whom put across an honest opinion thats what the forum is for but as I said despite you being in the minority the outers create the most topics.

I think you have seen lots or good arguments for the reasons we want him out and of course lots of threads have appeared stating so, the team is not performing.

As for the RAG, comment, i see it used more by the inners tbh as they really dont seem to offer anything more than the age old time and stabilty mantra and is nothing more than a cheap shot often used by people who cant answer the reasons given by the outers!

Perhaps we need to have a sub poll for each category, ha ha.

I would have thought that after 19 months at the club any manager would hope to have more than 30 odd % who definately don't want him sacked right now.

Of the "inners", there will be a few that don't rate him but think he should see out the season.
Of the "fencers" I would presume that the majority hope we would improve, but have no confidence we'll do so under the current manager.
Of the "outers" there would be one or two who want him out purely because he is a rag. But I'd say nearly every one of the outers would have voted differently had we been performing up to expectations in the last year and a bit.

The reason I voted on the fence is because I don't want him sacked until I see how he does during the crunch December to late January period where a lot of things can change very quickly for either the better or the worse so I am sort of biting my tongue until then. I think a knee-jerk reaction would be to sack him now after 7 draws. Yes we've dropped a lot of points but it's not the end of the world and we're still capable of meeting the ambition of finishing 6th or above this season. To me the only thing that needs to change is to stop conceeding crap goals and the rest will take care of itself :-)

Matty said:
dingdingding said:
Oooooooook.

Are you a woman? That's some fine female logic.

There's no point sacking him if there's no plan for replacing him. It would seem "female logic" and "logic" are one and the same thing in your mind so perhaps I should as YOU if you're a woman?

I think we can assume that if they sack him they will have planned to replace him. At the end of the day this poll won't have any bearing on whether he's sacked or not. It's just an attempt to gauge opinion.

I just feel that if you don't want him sacked right now, you're a "Hughes In", no matter what your reasoning. What's the point having a sitting on the fence option? Sitting on the fence = Hughes In.

I disagree dingdingding and here's my comparison. It's like religion and being an agnostic and you saying you either believe or you're an athiest. They'll always be those who could still be swayed one way or the other and who are undecided.

ArabFan12 said:
I voted in not because I think Hughes is a great manager, that is not the case and I have posted previously in the year about how bad of a tactician he is.

However sacking him NOW without an option 2 when we have 2 big games approaching might be the wrong option as we will be giving ourselves an excuse to loose both games.

However I would have voted for option 'Club should start seeking other options regardless of the results ahead'.

We do need a great manager like Mourinho, Hiddink, Mancini, etc... people who won things in their lives.

Peace
I voted out, but! I like the thinking behind your post, makes sense to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.