Where do you stand on the issue?

• Hughes In

Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
the next week is of great significance to whether hughes stays. tomorrow nights game represents
city's best chance of silverware this season, defeat and the knifes will begin to sharpen.
win and i believe hughes will take us into the new year. then onto saturday against the champions elect
(no rag come back this season) a further defeat and eyes from the east maybe looking to milan on tuesday.
if milan fail to qualify then maybe city fans will get an early christmas present from santa.

I voted in not because I think Hughes is a great manager, that is not the case and I have posted previously in the year about how bad of a tactician he is.

However sacking him NOW without an option 2 when we have 2 big games approaching might be the wrong option as we will be giving ourselves an excuse to loose both games.

However I would have voted for option 'Club should start seeking other options regardless of the results ahead'.

We do need a great manager like Mourinho, Hiddink, Mancini, etc... people who won things in their lives.

Peace

Well all pretty even and with a lot of polls the undecideds will swing the balance so it's now up to the team and management to sort it, it's in their hands, the next 7 games till the new year and I can't see the vote being simliar, one way or another.

Broken record but.....

He wins a cup and finishs top 6 OR he gets top 4 OR he is out of a job at the end of the season. Only an idiot would say this is not reasonable with the money he has been given.

We all know there will be no change until then anyway. Top managers dont come mid season (unless we get Hidink who seems to be available)

No one will be able to say Hughes was not given the best chance possible to make himself and MCFC a success. I would say 2 seasons with a complete free hand over all footballing matter at the club and £250 million to spend on whatever players he wanted exceptionally generous - probably the best opportunity any manager has ever been given in this country with perhaps Jose at Chelsea being the only other one in this bracket.

Its become pretty obvious he is not up to the job and has blown the best opportunity he will ever get as a manager. I just hope he has not ruined our chances of gettting some success.

I remember the days when us supporters were the only good part of the club. When we only would ask for a manager to be sacked when we were in the bottom 5 or so places and looking at relegation from the top division or worse. Now some of you are asking him to be sacked when we're near the top and with a good opportunity to advance further yet some of you want to rip it up and start again with no knowledge of the outcome but just an attitude of we SHOULD be beating teams like burnley and fulham well i bet ushited fans thought they should beat burnley and liverfool thought they should beat fulham, Well it's called sport and sometimes the results don't go the way you would expect.

Last season liverpool lost 2 games all season and finished second because they drew quite a few at home as well as away would you all be complaining if thats how our season pans out. I actually think some of you would.

i'd be on the fence and prepared to wait a while but with a manager like guus hiddink available and mourinho making noises about wanting a return to england and a transfer window round the corner then i think it's time too bite the bullet and get rid of hughes while there are world class options available to us and give them the funds too attract a few world class additions to the squad in january. hughes just doesn't do it for me it's nothing to do with him being an ex rag i just don't think he's got it tactically. you have to put things in perspective though i suppose and at the moment we're 3 pts off a top 4 position and who wouldn't have taken that before the season started?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.