Where do you stand on the issue?

• Hughes In

Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
Re: *WARNING* 99% on here are likely to disagree with this post!

Blue Train said:
twinkletoes said:
I am saying that you are speculating like the press are doing or as some people might put it just making it up to stir trouble.

Yes. It's all speculation. I thought I'd pretty much made that clear. However, this is a topic on a discussion board about whether our current manager will be sacked or not, so I'd have thought a bit of speculation would be allowed.

If it's designed to undermine the manager and therefore the club then I don't agree with it.

Anyone who doesn't think the target is top 4 is just plain wrong.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16469,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 69,00.html</a>

This was after the result at the weekend...pay particular attention to the words:

"....we have a clear aim for this season, which is to get into the top 4..."

As much as I respect Khaldoon trying to keep public expectation down by suggesting the aim is top 6, it is inconceivable that the players who were signed, were signed on the basis that we were aiming for a top 6 finish this season, and top 4 next season.

Personally I think no matter what we see/hear in the press in the coming weeks, the bottom line is that MH is under pressure because the performances simply haven't been good enough recently, and he seems to be struggling to get things right.

I know that people will say that he's only lost one game all season, that it's new team, etc. and I agree with all that. However, we came into the season with a top 4 aim - and at that point we didn't know that the arse was going to fall out of the Liverpool side. It has, and the race for the top 4 is still wide open.

The concerns from the people I know who are devout City people, is that results aren't necessarily as worrying as the performances in recent weeks. If we're not improving now, then this season goes one of two ways. Either, the team suddenly clicks and we start playing football well, or this tactical/technical footballing rut we're in continues, and the season ebbs away.

All these questions, discussions, etc. come back to the same thing...what the Sheikh, Khaldoon, Cook, and Marwood think. I guess time will tell...

Re: *WARNING* 99% on here are likely to disagree with this post!

twinkletoes said:
Blue Train said:
Yes. It's all speculation. I thought I'd pretty much made that clear. However, this is a topic on a discussion board about whether our current manager will be sacked or not, so I'd have thought a bit of speculation would be allowed.

If it's designed to undermine the manager and therefore the club then I don't agree with it.

The only thing which is currently undermining the manager is piss poor results. If it wasn't for those results then this thread would not exist. It's all in his hands to turn it round.

BillyShears said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16469,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 69,00.html</a>

This was after the result at the weekend...pay particular attention to the words:

As much as I respect Khaldoon trying to keep public expectation down by suggesting the aim is top 6, it is inconceivable that the players who were signed, were signed on the basis that we were aiming for a top 6 finish this season, and top 4 next season.

Personally I think no matter what we see/hear in the press in the coming weeks, the bottom line is that MH is under pressure because the performances simply haven't been good enough recently, and he seems to be struggling to get things right.

I know that people will say that he's only lost one game all season, that it's new team, etc. and I agree with all that. However, we came into the season with a top 4 aim - and at that point we didn't know that the arse was going to fall out of the Liverpool side. It has, and the race for the top 4 is still wide open.

The concerns from the people I know who are devout City people, is that results aren't necessarily as worrying as the performances in recent weeks. If we're not improving now, then this season goes one of two ways. Either, the team suddenly clicks and we start playing football well, or this tactical/technical footballing rut we're in continues, and the season ebbs away.

All these questions, discussions, etc. come back to the same thing...what the Sheikh, Khaldoon, Cook, and Marwood think. I guess time will tell...

Anyone that thinks the target for this season is top 4 is just speculating.

Extracted from Samuel's article on Mourinho...nice to see over 60% don't really want Hughes.

...Like Ferguson, Mourinho at Manchester City would turn the humbling of his supposed superiors into his personal crusade. Indeed, he seems made for such a challenge, as Ferguson was - he achieved something similar with Aberdeen in Scotland, up against Celtic and Rangers. Mourinho's character suggests he would contrive to do this while nursing a substantial budget and pretending the world is against him; as Ferguson did.
Much depends at which point Abu Dhabi tires of waiting for Hughes to turn City around. There are few signs of impatience so far, yet a two-month sequence of drawn Premier League matches cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely. End this with a run of three wins and the crisis may pass; end with three defeats and tough questions can be expected, perhaps as early as January. Hughes is a straight-shooter. He will know that Manchester City will be expected to achieve a top-four finish this season, considering the level of investment and with Arsenal and Liverpool in such erratic form. He will also be aware that, in the eyes of Sheik Mansour and those advising him, the appointment of a coach such as Mourinho would be a greater draw to the best footballers in the world, and signal serious intent.

twinkletoes said:
BillyShears said:

Did you listen to the interview....particularly the words "clear aim"....seems a little ignorant to suggest I'm speculating after that doesn't it? Unless you're suggesting that when RSC says the words "clearn aim" HE'S speculating...

BillyShears said:
Did you listen to the interview....particularly the words "clear aim"....seems a little ignorant to suggest I'm speculating after that doesn't it? Unless you're suggesting that when RSC says the words "clearn aim" HE'S speculating...

don't waste your breath Billy, he is a wum.

twinkletoes said:
BillyShears said:

I'd tell the players if I were you mate. They seem to be under the impression that's the target. I wonder what Ade will say when he learns that, at best, he could be playing in the Europa League next season?

The target behind closed doors is Top 4. That was never going to be the public target at the start of the season as Hughes would not allow it. If this run continues, in two weeks time there will be an article in the MEN which declares Top 8 was always the target. Betcha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.