Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
Matty said:
andybluenolan said:
exactly this or did you not notice we actually won 3 nil on wednesday. Im sure i never dreamt it, can someone please confirm it was real and i did actually watch a good performance on wednesday and we won 3 nil.

You are aware that was ONE good performance, right?

One result, whether it be spectacularly good, or woefully awful, shouldn't have too big a bearing on this decision. The shear volume of "Hughes In" votes that have come in since the victory over Arsenal is more of a damning indictment of how little some people on this board actually understand football than anything else. Whatever your personal position on Hughes at City one result shouldn't change your opinion to this degree.

i have said keep him since all this crap about kick him out started and i still stick to my word, i just cant understand that just because we have drawn a few games everyone thinks it is the end of the world, so lets disrupt the club bring in a whole new coaching team manager then come january get rid of everyone and start from scratch. All i ask is that people show a bit of loyalty to the club they claim they love. Just look at where we are, we are now in the semi final of a cup we are 7th in the league with a game in hand and only 3 points off 4th spot, i can agree we should of won a couple of the games we drew but come on guys just because we draw does that mean we cannot get behind the team instead of these pathetic boos at the end of the game just because we never won 5 nil.

The last few weeks its been like this
sat night or sun night depending when we play its hughes out
monday on the fence
by friday its hughes in
my knees jerk just like most peoples i supose
p.s if mourino becomes available i would go for him.

i`m on the fence regarding Les. I've said from the start of his tenure he should be given till at least January by our owners, but its there money and they will make the final decision.

being an ex rag has nothing to do with it imo.

was i delight to to get through to a cup semi of course.

was it a convincing victory, well there were two great goals, and 3-0 is always good, but i still don't think we bossed what was a weak inexperienced side.

lets hope this win has injected more confidence in to the side. we have fantastically talented forwards but the link between them and the support from midfield sometimes looks hesitant compared to parts of last year play.

also using ade as a target man isn't working for him, he`s better with the ball to feet which he seemed to get more of before his ban

i`m hope the win has had the desired effect and we can beat chelski 2-1. (my prediction)

and for those who have a different opinion it would be nice to hear your thoughts

for those who just want to abuse me.

fuck off in advance ;)

PaulPowerShower said:
bluezippy said:
100% still Hughes OUT.

This performance has only strengthened my opinion that he is absolutley the wrong man for the job.

Tactically clueless

I thought the side lacked balance and looked totally lobsided, with the only real theat for the majority of the game coming down the right. This only changed when they brought on a striker (Watt) and took off a holding midfielder (Eastsomeoneorother). Adebayour and Tevez both wanted to drop deep, leaving us with nothing up front and no space for Ireland to play. Ireland looks lost in this set-up. Barry looks isolated in this formation and the game often passed him by.

The only improvement i saw was when defending set peices, but against a team of dwarfs thats hardly suprising.

All in All the same problems as throughout the season....All that changed was the quality of opposition we played, and the fact we scored 2 wonder goals!

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with the result, and lets hope it continues at the weekend, but for crying out loud are some of you really that fickle?
This with bells on

and a sprig of holly apart from the hughes out keep till jan and see

andybluenolan said:
All i ask is that people show a bit of loyalty to the club they claim they love.

That to me, is hoping for the best for the club. If people think that the best thing for the club is to have a different manager it's not being disloyal in the slightest to say so.

Matty said:
One result, whether it be spectacularly good, or woefully awful, shouldn't have too big a bearing on this decision. The shear volume of "Hughes In" votes that have come in since the victory over Arsenal is more of a damning indictment of how little some people on this board actually understand football than anything else. Whatever your personal position on Hughes at City one result shouldn't change your opinion to this degree.

I don't know, I reckon there is a point of no return and I could see why for many, it was this week.

Lose to Arsenal, probably lose to Chelsea and maybe to Spurs and it would be hard to see anyone coming back from that sort of run.

But beat Arsenal, and all of a sudden we have a cup semi final to look forward to. I can see how for those teetering on the fence it was one result that made all the difference. What I suspect though, is that it won't take too much for them to jump straight back on the fence if things go downhill again.

I think some of the criticism aimed at Hughes is unfair and over the top.

Saying that even if he won us the quadruple 5 years running i would still want him sacked as i personally abhor him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.