The official 'Kill The Cheese' thread

Marvin said:
Damocles said:
danburge82 said:
The thing is, I work at a school in Wythenshawe and all the kids who go to City from there fucking hate Ferris n'all so all this "it's for the kids" is a load of bollocks! I reckon all this bullshit annoys 95% of the crowd, so who has the right to complain? EVERYONE!

Let me guess where you are getting the "95%" number from. You made it up. You have no way of knowing the opinions of 48,000 about a subject. City have whole departments and spend hundreds of thousands a year doing their research into this type of thing.

If you don't like it, don't go. Or write a letter to City or something. If the biggest complaint that you have about matchday is that Hugh fucking Ferris is on the mic, then you're doing ok. This is whinging for whingings sake.

It's a small, tiny, absolutely insignificant issue and people are building a whole "movement" behind it. I presume also, that none of you people drink or piss at HT to be so aware of Ferris.

Anyway, this wasn't just about Ferris, this was also about these fucking gems:

No more shitty goggles

No more gimmicks

No more foam fingers

No more daft t shirts

No more Bluemoon on the screen during a game

No more wank games at half time

As I say, who the fuck are you? People like them, that's why they're popular.

This is just hipster bullshit, complaining and whinging about how football should be THEIR way and conform to THEIR ideal of it. I'm a little disappointed in Dave, as he was there and vocal during the times where there were REAL problems at the club.
Compare this to Forward With Franny, Dave, how up your list of "caring" does this rank in things that you should get behind?

It's a minor annoyance to some, and entertainment to others. I hate this self important completely fucking arrogant view of "matchday" that some people have.
Brilliant response Damocles.

Hardly.

If he wants fucking foam fingers at games then so be it...he's in the minority though.

He can bore us with essays about this all he wants but the fact is, all these gimmicks are fucking shit and embarrassing.

We all know away fans would laugh at foam fingers and shitty goggles (the rags did)...it makes us look like a laughing stock.

Damocles said:
danburge82 said:
Damocles said:
FOOTBALL SUPPORT MUST BE EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT TO BE.

So Liam, you don't like "the cheese". So what? Others do. It isn't FOR you, it's for kids. What gives you the right to dictate how the club should cater to everyone from a 5 year old to a 95 year old?

Bunch of self important, self aggrandising bollocks.
The thing is, I work at a school in Wythenshawe and all the kids who go to City from there fucking hate Ferris n'all so all this "it's for the kids" is a load of bollocks! I reckon all this bullshit annoys 95% of the crowd, so who has the right to complain? EVERYONE!

Let me guess where you are getting the "95%" number from. You made it up. You have no way of knowing the opinions of 48,000 about a subject. City have whole departments and spend hundreds of thousands a year doing their research into this type of thing.

If you don't like it, don't go. Or write a letter to City or something. If the biggest complaint that you have about matchday is that Hugh fucking Ferris is on the mic, then you're doing ok. This is whinging for whingings sake.

It's a small, tiny, absolutely insignificant issue and people are building a whole "movement" behind it. I presume also, that none of you people drink or piss at HT to be so aware of Ferris.

No more shitty goggles

No more gimmicks

No more foam fingers

No more daft t shirts

This is just hipster bullshit, complaining and whinging about how football should be THEIR way and conform to THEIR ideal of it. I'm a little disappointed in Dave, as he was there and vocal during the times where there were REAL problems at the club.
Compare this to Forward With Franny, Dave, how up your list of "caring" does this rank in things that you should get behind?

It's a minor annoyance to some, and entertainment to others. I hate this self important completely fucking arrogant view of "matchday" that some people have.

Piece of information for you dammers....

It isn't a real 'movement'.

It's a Tongue in cheek joke on a football forum.

Thought you would have worked that out ;-)

Damocles said:
danburge82 said:
Damocles said:

So Liam, you don't like "the cheese". So what? Others do. It isn't FOR you, it's for kids. What gives you the right to dictate how the club should cater to everyone from a 5 year old to a 95 year old?

No more shitty goggles

No more gimmicks

No more foam fingers

No more daft t shirts

Spot on!

I don't go City/support City for the half time entertainment or for the so called "cheesy" crap they put on the website, I go City to watch them play football and tear teams apart, I support City because even though most my years of being a fan we've been in some right lows it's in my blood my whole fathers side were blues so I'm glad me and my brother and sisters are carrying on that trait and when I have kids I plan to keep that going.

Like you said Damocles it's just an excuse to moan till the season starts then thats when I go back to off topic when the Kolarov threads will start.

display_image_GYI0058740313.jpg

Damocles said:
danburge82 said:
Damocles said:

No more shitty goggles

No more gimmicks

No more foam fingers

No more daft t shirts

totally agree Damocles, back to off-topic now see what madness is going on there...

No more Blue Moon on big screen?

I actually think he's cool when we sing Blue Moon & that happens.

I can tell your one of those fans where nothing pleases you, grumpy old man.

Damocles said:
danburge82 said:
Damocles said:

Let me guess where you are getting the "95%" number from. You made it up. You have no way of knowing the opinions of 48,000 about a subject. City have whole departments and spend hundreds of thousands a year doing their research into this type of thing.If you don't like it, don't go. Or write a letter to City or something. If the biggest complaint that you have about matchday is that Hugh fucking Ferris is on the mic, then you're doing ok. This is whinging for whingings sake.

No more shitty goggles

No more gimmicks

No more foam fingers

No more daft t shirts

Where is your evidence for this? Because the club say so? Because you may have been one of a few who actually has received a survey or questionnaire? Do you work at the club? If so, how much is actually spent? on what? how does this research materialise? Who designs it?

And are you expecting anyone with half a brain to believe the club actually give a fuck about what 'fans' think? However vague that term has become? Which fans? How many fans?

Dave is spot on with his point about the disneyfication of the club. Ultimately, I've stopped giving a toss, because it is pointless. It isn't going to change. It's only going to get worse. Much worse. Toilet cam will be next.

mcfcliam said:
Hardly.

If he wants fucking foam fingers at games then so be it...he's in the minority though.

He can bore us with essays about this all he wants but the fact is, all these gimmicks are fucking shit and embarrassing.

We all know away fans would laugh at foam fingers and shitty goggles (the rags did)...it makes us look like a laughing stock.

Oh yes, we can't let those dastardly rags laugh at us can we? It's funny that you're the exact type of City fan that we didn't want when the takeover came in. A whinging fucker who has no appreciation for where we are and where we came from. Think the rags were laughing at foam fingers? They were pissing themselves when we were scraping through Division Two Playoffs and they were winning Champions Leagues. What were you then? 9? 10? Most City fans grew up with rags laughing, and we learnt early that we don't fucking care. They can laugh all they want, so what? We're too busy concentrating on our own team to care what the fuck those scumbags think.

You see, this is what pisses me off about you. You use City like a fucking fashion item. "Oh no, can't have people laughing at me, we need to stop this". City are not your handbag, and you cannot just change it because your mates take the piss. If you can't win an argument with rags, then there's something wrong with you. Fuck that it gives City a family friendly image, fuck that all of these things are great PR in a time where we are owned by "filthy oil arab terrorists", fuck that some people may actually like or enjoy them; we must instantly remove them because mcfcliam might get the piss taken out of him.

You talk the big talk about atmosphere and the like, but the reality is that you're petrified that your idiot teenage mates might laugh at you. This is really the driving force behind everything, as you often show when you revert to this argument at nearly every step.

You need to grow up. You have no right to demand anything from City. If you don't like it, don't go.

And for the record, seems as so you are also having problems reading simple sentences, I didn't say I liked foam fingers and the like, I said that YOU don't have the right to demand that YOUR version of matchday is done. Neither do I. Neither does anybody else apart from the Sheikh.

I don't demand that City remove everything that I don't like from matchday because I'm not a self important prick who cares what rags think.

Opposition fans take the piss out of each other. Deal with it.

Damocles said:
mcfcliam said:
Hardly.

Oh yes, we can't let those dastardly rags laugh at us can we? It's funny that you're the exact type of City fan that we didn't want when the takeover came in. A whinging fucker who has no appreciation for where we are and where we came from. Think the rags were laughing at foam fingers? They were pissing themselves when we were scraping through Division Two Playoffs and they were winning Champions Leagues. What were you then? 9? 10? Most City fans grew up with rags laughing, and we learnt early that we don't fucking care. They can laugh all they want, so what? We're too busy concentrating on our own team to care what the fuck those scumbags think.

You see, this is what pisses me off about you. You use City like a fucking fashion item. "Oh no, can't have people laughing at me, we need to stop this". City are not your handbag, and you cannot just change it because your mates take the piss. If you can't win an argument with rags, then there's something wrong with you. Fuck that it gives City a family friendly image, fuck that all of these things are great PR in a time where we are owned by "filthy oil arab terrorists", fuck that some people may actually like or enjoy them; we must instantly remove them because mcfcliam might get the piss taken out of him.

You talk the big talk about atmosphere and the like, but the reality is that you're petrified that your idiot teenage mates might laugh at you. This is really the driving force behind everything, as you often show when you revert to this argument at nearly every step.

You need to grow up. You have no right to demand anything from City. If you don't like it, don't go.

And for the record, seems as so you are also having problems reading simple sentences, I didn't say I liked foam fingers and the like, I said that YOU don't have the right to demand that YOUR version of matchday is done. Neither do I. Neither does anybody else apart from the Sheikh.

I don't demand that City remove everything that I don't like from matchday because I'm not a self important prick who cares what rags think.

Opposition fans take the piss out of each other. Deal with it.

PMSL

Coming from the guy who's on here during games...I bet I go to more games than you mate. I don't give a fuck if you're some kind of clever guy with a bit of power on a forum, NEVER tell me what type of City fan I am, NEVER.

9 or 10? Yeah probably but I was still going home and away and I WAS at Wembley 99.

As I said, no essay about this can change the fact that football has been sanitized and not just at City, everywhere.

It's also not self important, it's that most Blues just want to go and watch the match without all this American bullshit like T shirts being fired into the crowd and daft clowns kicking a ball through a hoop...it's the fact that these overpaid boffins in suits' idea of a matchday experience is so different to the working class City fan.

Ask every Blue on here if they want foam fingers and bad gimmicks at games...I'd say 99% would say no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.