The official 'Kill The Cheese' thread

OxBlue said:
BillyMC said:
How did you break the thumb Ox...eye gouging! Thought you were more into MMA?

I did, but it was a bit of a mis-match, the lad I was fighting was due to fight his mate who didn't show, I had about 3 stone on him.

When I got out the lads did point out, after every flourish of punches my knee's were twitching where I was conciously forcing myself not to throw them!!

as for the thumb, don't know how I did it, they weren't full gloves we were using and I think it got caught at some point in his head guard, only felt it afterwards...so numbed it with some hrrible drink called Desparado's

Any classics this time round?

danburge82 said:
I have seen a huge increase in the amount of cheese. It isn't my thing at all, some of it is pathetic! But this is for the new Family Stand which is there to stay (not that i'm entirely happy, especially with the size of it!) and there are lots of young kids going to the CoMS now and i suppose the entertainment shit is all for them (not that i needed any when i were a kid! the smell of cigar smoke, the odd taste of me Dad's pint of bitter and the excitement of the upcoming match was all i needed before a game. Ferris would have been laughed out of Moss Side in the 80's!) but it is good that the "Matchday Experience" is changing for some people who'll want it.

I can see that the Corperate Experience will be the next change. It will expand and become a bit of a big thing. Which again i can see of there is a demand for it, then it should be done. We'll need the extra money it will bring in also. The plus side to this is that it might shift a few of the boring bastards who sit near me and it will all be a lot more classy than the family orientated shit (cheese). So might dilute that bollocks a bit.

I will refrain from joining this movement against the cheese until i see whether the club are going to then focus on the proper fans. If the vocal, hardcore fans who make themselves known at the game and encourage and motivate the team on are also given a boost in their "Matchday Experience" then i will be happy with all the changes City have made.
If away fans are moved, if we are provided with many more than the pathetically small areas dedicated to vocal fans which house approx.3000 at present (half the size of the Family Stand for fuck's sake) [if that was propsed at Anfield the Kop fans would go off their fuckin heads!], if East Stand Level 1 is also encouraged to become a vocal area (not just the corner but the whole thing), if safe standing is really looked at and better still introduced [there is no reason on Earth why it shouldn't be!] (the whole of East Stand L1 and the South Stand L1), if better/bigger/classier banners are provided, if the South Stand is knocked down (or even better the East Stand so we'll get our Kippax back) and rebuilt as a one-tierd mega stand for the vocal fans to all congregate and become a famous reknowned stand around Europe, if bigger and better bars for alcohol are provided, if better service is provided, if Fletcher and his mob stop banning people for fuck all (WANKERS!), ... then maybe i'll put up with the cheese.

If not, the club need to have a fucking look at themselves and i wont be fucking happy. But i'll wait and see what their action plan will be over the coming years. It can't all be done at once, but i seriously hope it is all done so that Families, Corperates and Hardcores are all provided with a greater "Matchday Experience"!

Top post, i agree with every word.

All these cheesy things your talking about are optional, you do realise you don't have to take part in the half time entertainment go to the concourse and get a drink or spark up a conversation with the guy beside you. Foam hands or t-shirts are not compulsory don't wear the cardboard glasses if you don't want to. If you don't like city square don't go there. It is simple really, some people do like them and as entertainment for a family at a match it is good if not brilliant. Most things are new initiatives by the club and the things that most people don't like will be dropped. Should the club stop selling beer because parents don't like people drinking round there children? Course not but it's horses for courses and city are trying to satisfy as many as they can they don't do the things to annoy people, so man up and get on with it ffs if these are you main picking points with the club then be happy cause I remember a time not to long ago when there was a lot more ie playing and management that could have been complained about. We've never had it so good as a club and just because they don't cater to your every wim and try and embrace all sections of supporters ain't something to complain about.

Mr.Mancini said:
Stop that god awfull heart beat before kick off.

Im not negative, but this is pure cheese.

I detest this, wait til next season when it will be upgraded to this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki4a4d7wJRQ&feature=related[/youtube]

mcfcliam said:
No more Hugh Ferris

No more shitty goggles

No more gimmicks

No more foam fingers

No more daft t shirts

No more Bluemoon on the screen during a game

No more wank games at half time

No more american esque t shirt firing at half time

No more wank OS videos e.g. the chappy's, Alan...

No more inflatables for game vs championship sides

Anymore?

KILL THE CHEESE!

The problem you have got Liam is that half of them are SC holders who have never been to an away game. This is their first visit to that London Village

BillyMC said:
I like a bit of a partisan atmospehere, even a bit intimidating. I cant stomach City becoming another Bolton or Boro playing fucking pigbag when we score. I go to watch football in a real football environment not to watch Billy Smarts Circus. iwant my son to experience a real atmosphere (without the aggro I might add)

Fully understand the family stand bit etc, but people on here are trying to force things around when to do the bloody poxzan, what bloody inflatables we take etc etc. Its so small time it and invariably back fires on us. Look at the lights out against United...showed off their support brilliantly? Look at the dickhead holding up a placard "our wembley day out" after the Reading game. People were laughing at us all round the world.
We're not Bolton, Boro, Blackburn...we dont need all the hype and shite. Just get behind the lads and create a proper atmoshphere of singing banners ands scalves. The best Ive seen as COMs was when the club left a simple blue and white scalf on the seat pre the derby...it was superb. As for Fucking cardboard goggles...fuck me Mr Cook give it a rest.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your outlook, we do!!! We, as a club have got to get our finances sorted, and with our wagebill, we neeed to generate as much capital as we can.

I just don't care really.

Cheesey or not, it's for the kids and the generation of fans that will come in later years. It's also a bit of fun. I love City Square.

However, I don't like the blue moon making a cameo when we're 1-0 up with twenty minutes left. That has to go. And I also felt like a bloody loon in those glasses. And I really hate that rendition of Blue Moon by Supra before kick off. When we start clapping it goes through me.

Kill Christmas

Kill ice cream

Kill Easter

Kill hot summers days

Kill the lot....

Or maybe just mined your own business and keep your nose out of things that do not concern you!!!!

Honestly cant understand how the dinosaurs that should be well and truly extinct, or the giddy kids think they have any say in how others want to spend there free time and hard earned.... if it dose not interfere with how you experience the match, then why try and stop others from experiencing it there way!!!

No one is being forced to go to or take part in any of the numerous things that they want killed!!!!

It dose not affect you in any way so just keep our of it... it will soon be over for the dinosaurs who cant except change,,, just a matter of batting it out and excepting the inevitable changes until your time is up.

and hay who knows maybe once you accept that this is the future you may and you never know,,, may enjoy it!!!!!

as for the giddy kids,, well they will be family men soon enough and thank the club that they have a quality environment to take there kids to whilst watching and supporting the team they love..........

keep the noise,,, keep the atmosphere... keep the beer flowing...f/me bring back terracing for those who want it... do what you can to make the place a enjoyable experience for ALL , but don't pick on the families and criticise the club for showing initiative ff's...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.