Going strictly by the Kinsey data, which still remains one of the most
exhaustive studies on penis size to date, the average white male has a
penis measuring 6.2 inches long and 3.7 inches around, whereas the
average black male has a penis 6.3 by 3.8 inches, for a difference of
0.1 inches--not what you'd call statistically significant. When it
came to flaccid length, however, blacks fared a little better: 4.3
inches long, versus 4.0 inches for white males. So it may be,
therefore, that while those of African heritage appear larger
initially, under actual working conditions things tend to even out.
You should consider this a tentative hypothesis rather than a
scientific fact, as there were only 59 black respondents to the survey, versus 2,500 for whites."

So basically whatever you look at it it's quite untrue a assumption.

Re: FAO: Fans that went to pompey RE: Adebayor chant

Ticket For Schalke said:
bluesyob said:
no mate all i and the majority of fans are saying is that you and your song are an embarrasment to the club, simples.

Anyone that puts simples on the end of someting, is not even worth having a debate with, Simples ;)
why not SIMPLES is the word i use to describe people who sing that song.

bizzbo said:
I don't believe everyone singing this song is racist, but I am completely fed up with it.

Variation of penis size across race has been established statistically. This stereotype does not amount to a 'myth', and can be verified, albeit it anecdotally, by anyone who has spent a reasonable amount of time on certain parts of the internet. The size of a man's penis has cultural significance for the individual, associated with masculinity and self-esteem. The song has exactly the rough, broad, humour of the type always favoured by football crowds. There is something witty about taking a unambiguously racist song targeted at an individual and turning it into something else. Cannibalisation and subversion of rival fans songs and chants is another element that appeals.

The problem with this song is that some of the people singing it will find the humour and appeal in the 'animalisation' of a black man, and some of the listeners will never hear be able to understand it any differently.

Personally I don't find it offensive, but I think it's the opportunity for different interpretation that is troublesome.

'Racism' is not an issue that attracts subtle interpretation or argument. How many people do you think consider the difference between 'association of a or traits with a race' and 'the belief that some races are superior to others'? stating that 'men of central/south asian ethnicity experience higher rates of heart disease' comes under the first definition. it is the second definition that leads to the horrors of racially motivated crime, state-sponsored discrimination, segregation, victimisation, genocide.

If you sing this song, you are blurring the boundaries between earthy humour and outright bigotry, and unwittingly giving the true racists affirmation that racism in a city shirt is acceptable and normal.

What impression do you really think others have of you when you sing it?

I get what youre saying, but going from this theory groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons could be portrayed as racist as it portrays a Scotsman as ginger and angry, not to mention Abu the Indian who runs the corner shop.

To be fair you have to feel sorry for the lads singing it. I mean they cant exactly have an IQ higher than 5 can they now ?

Ticket For Schalke said:
He doesnt have a wife, the same as were not invisible.

Doesn't make the song any better, it's still racist and shit.

avoidconfusion said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
He doesnt have a wife, the same as were not invisible.

Doesn't make the song any better, it's still racist and shit.

if it was shit, no one would sing it, now a song that is shit, is the gareth barry one, oh and that did annoy me yest.

Dobsy87 said:
I think that if Ade is unhappy about it, or the club is unhappy about it, then they will say. City have had big black players before and nobody has been racist towards them, so I think it's a bit much to label masses of our fans racist. Although on a side note, I've witnessed a couple of blatantly racist comments at games already this season not to do with these chants, something I've never heard before in eleven years of going.
Fair comment there Dobsy, Bizzbo too, and to be fair I doubt most of those who sing it are genuinely racist or mean to offend, I hold my hands up. But there is no denying it can be seen as racist and offensive and is a shite way of supposedly showing support to one of our own players, and thats quite apart from it being a shite and humourless song.

bluesyob said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Anyone that puts simples on the end of someting, is not even worth having a debate with, Simples ;)
why not SIMPLES is the word i use to describe people who sing that song.

enlighten me what a simple is, because if its the same simple im thinking of, your calling them handicapped, which is not nice at all.

I tell you what is embarassing that gareth barry song

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.