The OFFICIAL Spurs V City Match Thread.

Naijaspurs said:
woolleyback blue said:
Considering that that was the best Spuds can play first half and it was probably the worst we'll ever see City play this season a point is a good result. We can only get better , as the second half showed. Once everybody gets used to each other and we have Balotelli and Milner up to speed too we are going to be awesome.

well seeing as we failed to score I can assure you we can play much better. And renenber we are yet to strengthen our squad yet. That was the team that finished 4th with no additions, and you can be sure we will make additions.

Failing to score is a side issue, I was commenting on the build up play. You will play worse and score goals but I doubt you will perform better than the first 45 mins this season new signings or not. You still haven't cured your biggest fault which is you run out of steam. Mancini changed tactics 2nd half and you didn't look half as good.

Happy with a point,but still can't understand why he played with just Tevez up front,we had no real target man like Spurs who had Crouch who caused us a few problems.Sorry to say it but Richards is just not good enough in my opinion.After watching second half display I think things are looking good for the future,all the new players had reasonable games.

Without Hart's fantastic first half performance and perhaps a bit of poor finishing from Spurs we could have been hammered.

That being said the team defended really well and were under pressure for most of the first half in there first real game together is a very very good sign.

Lots of players making debut's (inc Hart as he's probably only played with 2/3 of our team before), poor pre-season with travelling and Internationals (SWP started because AJ played on Wednesday?)

In the big away games we need a bit of pace and strength (Mario/Milner), in the 'lesser' aways a small front three interchanging positions will be rampant against sluggish Centre Halfs.

Overall I'm plesased. We've not had anything against Spurs for 3 seasons. They were going for it today but the draw was a better result for us than them.

Disappointing we did not do better.
It would have been good to get off to a winning start and more points.
However a point is better than last season and thats what we have to keep aiming at.

I know this post is later than a Paul Scholes tackle but my Computer crashed on Saturday lunch time. That was an excellent point away from home to a very good side who will be there or there abouts. Well played to VK and Kolo and especially Joe.

Apologies to anyone reading what has probably been said a hundred times already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.