The OFFICIAL Spurs V City Match Thread.

Fucking great result

Was expecting defeat at spuds

Spurs had their best team out at home on the opening day of the season

City had 4 debuts starting in a competitive game
The 4th was Hart who has only played with 3 or 4 of that team

Happy

Happy with that result. Just because it was spurs away and knowing that's our bogey team out of the way. Hart was immense. As were Kompany and De Jong.
Once the rest of the lads get up to the speed of the premiership we'll be flying. Happy that we're heading in the right direction. Can't wait for Boateng to be available too. Didn't think Richards tracked the runs of Bale often enough. Gave him far too much time and space to receive the ball at times. That's my only complaint from the match.

Are you for real. Kompany was outstanding at the back with Toure and I thought Barry had an excellent game. Would suggest marks much more as follows:

Hart 9
Richards 4
Kolo 8
Kompany 8
Kolarov 6
Barry 7
Yaya 6
NDJ 7
Silva 6
SWP 5
Tevez 7

ElanJo said:
Cobwebcat said:
Hart 9
Richards 3
Kolo 7
Kompany 5
Kolarov 5
Barry 6
Yaya 4
NDJ 6
Silva 5
SWP 3
Tevez 8

Johnson 6
Adebayor 5

I hope Kolarov and Boateng are fit for Liverpool.

Spurs are a very good side.

Kompany on a 5 and Yaya on a 4?? you're off your head lad

I'm disappointed that Mancini didn't stick to the 4-3-2-1 that he tried in the Valencia.

I couldn't understand the idea of playing wide with no target man.

Mancini must be mad sometimes. He loves experimenting players and systems rather than be loyal to himself.

He must forget his head to succeed. He's not a good tactician like Mourinho.

His strength is the heart.

Considering that that was the best Spuds can play first half and it was probably the worst we'll ever see City play this season a point is a good result. We can only get better , as the second half showed. Once everybody gets used to each other and we have Balotelli and Milner up to speed too we are going to be awesome.

Silva had a good debut and will improve. Spuds got a foot in the way on several occasions when a City player was making a run into the box and a pass was on its way.

We might even have pinched it if SWP hadn't been so off balance when he received the ball. Judging from the smile on Mancini's face on the Sky Spts interview he was well pleased.

No doubt the moaners will focus on the negatives.

Hart- don't think I've ever seen a player actually get a '10' in a player rating, but what did he do wrong? Stopped everything, caught everything, controlled and commanded the back line supremely, and doesn't rush himself on a backpass to get rid of the ball. Oh, I think he hit one clearance out of play. 9.9

Kolarov- defensively he was fine, dealing with one of the trickiest wingers in the league (the other being the guy on the other side of the pitch). Attacking left a bit to be desired, hopefully not a serious knock. 5.

Kolo- man of the match if it wasn't for Hart's superhuman performance. Saved Micah's ass so many times. 8

Kompany- caught out of position once or twice but was a pillar in the back. 7

Richards- ugh, was hoping his pre-season form would carry over but it didn't. To be fair to him, Bale is a tough matchup for the very best and I thought he settled a bit in the second half. 5

NDJ- I like him with Yaya, got forward a lot more (for his standards) with Yaya in the midfield. Also passed it forward a bit more than he ever has, more comparable to his style with the national team, IMO. 7

Yaya- more creative than I thought for such a big lad. Struggled like everyone in the first half but I thought for better or worse he bossed the midfield in the 2nd half. 7

Barry- quietly effective. Always in great position. Him playing the wing like he did at times today wasn't very pleasant, though. 6.5

Silva- shows big heart to be able to play a full match after coming back from Mexico and playing a half there. Great touch and vision although a lot of his passes got picked out. I see great things from him, but this was not the easiest of games to start his England career. 5.5

Tevez- not usually a fan of striker as captain but no one leads by example more than him. Ran his bollocks off his entire shift. Struggles a bit with not as much wide play, though. 6

Zab- admirable job for a man with little pace on his weaker side, to keep up with Lennon and dos Santos, yellow card aside. 6

good result.

Well I'm perfectly content with the result. Bring on the scousers, buzzing for it now. New seats, new season, new City.

Come on!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.