The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread - 2/5/10 9pm

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 13:31 (30/12)

johnny crossan said:
fabbo said:
According to Italian media, City and Inter want to sign HSV defender Jerome Boateng.

Excellent player - stood out in U21s World Cup

According to the newspaper "Hamburger Abendblatt" , Boateng has a buy-out clause in his contract , which allows him to leave for 12 Million € in the summer.
However sheikh Sulaiman Al Fahim is ready to offer 30 million € this winter.

fabbo said:
johnny crossan said:
Excellent player - stood out in U21s World Cup

According to the newspaper "Hamburger Abendblatt" , Boateng has a buy-out clause in his contract , which allows him to leave for 12 Million € in the summer.

I'm guessing you are not a Manchester City fan?

Thatchersforearm said:
fabbo said:

i know Mansour and Mubarak , but in the article it says AL Fahim who is also involved in Manchester City. He is member of Abu Dahbi United Group.

fabbo said:
Thatchersforearm said:

i know Mansour and Mubarak , but in the article it says AL Fahim who is also involved in Manchester City. He is member of Abu Dahbi United Group.

He was involved at the very start, then got given the boot for making an arse of himself, then he bought Portsmouth, made a further arse of himself, and then sold Portsmouth, making an even further arse of himself again.

fabbo said:
According to Italian media, City and Inter want to sign HSV defender Jerome Boateng.

good news if true. 19 year old CB who has also played RB. very accomplished defender for one so young. quickish, and hits great passes out of defence. my german buddy hasn't heard anything about this, but he's not surprised, apparently he's having a terrific season for HSV.

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 10:02 (31/12)

bit of good news that's been mentioned elsewhere....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/01/joe-hart-birmingham-city-manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... manchester</a>
Manchester City tell Alex McLeish that Joe Hart is not for sale

• Birmingham manager unable to sign on-loan goalkeeper
• In-form Hart wanted back at Eastlands in the summer

Manchester City have told Birmingham City that they have no chance of signing Joe Hart full-time this month because the England international remains an integral part of their plans for the future.

Hart, who is on loan at St Andrew's until the end of the season, has been in outstanding form, keeping six clean sheets during Birmingham's 11-match unbeaten run to enhance his prospects of going to the World Cup in the summer. With David James injured, Robert Green and Paul Robinson both playing in struggling sides and Ben Foster failing to impress earlier in the season at Manchester United, the 22-year-old would appear to have a strong chance of being one of the three goalkeepers in Fabio Capello's squad for South Africa.

Alex McLeish has singled out Hart for special praise in recent weeks and had hoped that Manchester City might consider selling the former Shrewsbury goalkeeper, who lost his place at
Eastlands when Shay Given was signed from Newcastle United last January. However, City told McLeish the best Birmingham could hope for is agreeing another season-long loan for the 2010-11 campaign.

"City will take Joe Hart back at the end of the season," said the Birmingham manager. "There is no chance of us signing him in January. We asked the question and they said that won't happen. We never had an option from City to buy him. They said he was going out for experience to improve and he has improved. It doesn't preclude him from coming back and we can negotiate with City for another year. He has the comfort of knowing City really want him and he is part of their future."

Birmingham would have had no problem funding a Hart deal, with Carson Yeung, the club's owner, vowing to make up to £40m available to improve the squad this month. McLeish explained, however, that he was told City are keen to develop youngsters and that Hart, who has won one England cap, against Trinidad & Tobago in 2008, is seen as a "big part" of their plans.

"It is City's policy and they said that [Hart going back]," added McLeish. "When Mark Hughes went in they revamped the youth side of it and they brought in Mike Rigg who is chief scout. They were going to be putting in an active policy of having young players in place as well as bringing in the big names. Joe Hart remains a big part of the future. But you couldn't rule out that Joe stays with us in the summer."

bizzbo said:
fabbo said:
According to Itlian media, City and Inter want to sign HSV defender Jerome Boateng.

good news if true. 19 year old CB who has also played RB. very accomplished defender for one so young. quickish, and hits great passes out of defence. my german buddy hasn't heard anything about this, but he's not surprised, apparently he's having a terrific season for HSV.
Actually he is 21.(younger brother of Kevin-Prince)
His vision and pace is great, he has definitely potencial to become worldclass.
Boateng has 2 caps for Germany. Joachim Löw rates him very highly too. Boateng started in the most important qualification game vs Russia at RB. The roumored 30 mil € seem too much(espiacally since he can leave in summer for 12mil€), but might be necessary because he is the wish player of Morinjo and Juve is interested too. BTW, Boateng and his manager broke off contract talks with Hamburg.

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 15:09 (01/01)

I know it's only the first day of the window but I am surprised by how quiet the rumor mill has been today they usually go barmy

Antonio Cassano will not be coming as Roberto Mancini has said we have already enough attack force and do not need him.

Omiclops said:
Antonio Cassano will not be coming as Roberto Mancini has said we have already enough attack force and do not need him.
Could be an Italian smokescreen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.