The Official Timisoara v City thread

very decent display tonight. didnt allow them any chances, passed it around and got our away goal. comfortable win.

timisoara have to go for it now at our place, it will give us alot of room to explore, it wouldn't suprise me if we won 4 or 5-0, they will come out and try to keep it 0-0 for the first half hour, maybe even till HT.

if we score first, the flood gates could open.

Having enjoyed watching the entire match on TV over here, my only concern was AJ's reluctance to beat his opposing fullback when he came on. He simply passed, usually sideways or backwards. What was that all about? Mario was booked for pointing his finger aggressively at a thug who nearly head-butted him. Simply ridiculous refereeing. Nice to see Shay Given sitting on the bench rather than sulking back home. My City player ratings are:

Hart 7 Zabaleta 6 Kolo 7 Kompany 7 Lescott 7 Barry 6 Yaya 8 NDJ 7 Silva 7 Tevez 7 Adebayor 6 subs. Johnson 6 Balotelli 8 Jo 6

This compares with the Daily Mail's typically anti-City verdict:

Hart 6;
Zabaleta 6, K Toure 7, Kompany 7,
Lescott 6; Barry 7 (Balotelli 57, 7), De
Jong 7, Y Toure 6; Silva 5 (Johnson 66, 6), Tevez 5 (Jo 77), Adebayor 5

lionheart said:
Having enjoyed watching the entire match on TV over here, my only concern was AJ's reluctance to beat his opposing fullback when he came on. He simply passed, usually sideways or backwards. What was that all about? Mario was booked for pointing his finger aggressively at a thug who nearly head-butted him. Simply ridiculous refereeing. Nice to see Shay Given sitting on the bench rather than sulking back home. My City player ratings are:

Hart 7 Zabaleta 6 Kolo 7 Kompany 7 Lescott 7 Barry 6 Yaya 8 NDJ 7 Silva 7 Tevez 7 Adebayor 6 subs. Johnson 6 Balotelli 8 Jo 6

This compares with the Daily Mail's typically anti-City verdict:

Hart 6;
Zabaleta 6, K Toure 7, Kompany 7,
Lescott 6; Barry 7 (Balotelli 57, 7), De
Jong 7, Y Toure 6; Silva 5 (Johnson 66, 6), Tevez 5 (Jo 77), Adebayor 5

How can anyone who watched the game give Silva a 5?

Probably sour grapes 'cause the rags and dippers were chasing him for so long. Halfwit mail reporter. Silva is one of the best players playing in the prem.

Hello to everybody,

yeserday i was at the game and of course i am Timisoara fan. So if you want an outside view :

- no ofense but you team has a lot to work to became a TEAM; we saw last year Sahtior,Stuttgart, Ajax and Anderlecht; much more togheter a TEAM then Ciy ;
- good point for you : YAYA is very good player, and Silva too but has a problem with agressibe defenders like ours. you have good midle team but not so good defence; Adebayor not in best shape and no ofense but Balotelli it is joke as a player; he score with a lot of luck and too agresive for an ataking player, he will be hunt by defender in Premier league;
-problems for you ; Tevez knows how to play the ball but has no speed;Zabaleta is not ok for an substitute , as a first player was so.... Our number 7 was in front of him every time;
- ok you are better then us but how about 14 min when Zabaleta made a penalty at number 7 ; it was obvius fir everybody except referee Mayer;
how about 38 min when Kompany play ball with his hand in penalty area ?
- how about in 84 min when one of your defender push no. 27 - Zicu in penalty area ?
- as i told you you are better then us but you don't need this "rubish referee game: at least for the crowd who was fantastic yesterday;- i am curious how it is gone be in manchester ;
- probably you will go further but if you will play like this not a chance in the future;

flxtm said:
Hello to everybody,

yeserday i was at the game and of course i am Timisoara fan. So if you want an outside view :

- no ofense but you team has a lot to work to became a TEAM; we saw last year Sahtior,Stuttgart, Ajax and Anderlecht; much more togheter a TEAM then Ciy ;
- good point for you : YAYA is very good player, and Silva too but has a problem with agressibe defenders like ours. you have good midle team but not so good defence; Adebayor not in best shape and no ofense but Balotelli it is joke as a player; he score with a lot of luck and too agresive for an ataking player, he will be hunt by defender in Premier league;
-problems for you ; Tevez knows how to play the ball but has no speed;Zabaleta is not ok for an substitute , as a first player was so.... Our number 7 was in front of him every time;
- ok you are better then us but how about 14 min when Zabaleta made a penalty at number 7 ; it was obvius fir everybody except referee Mayer;
how about 38 min when Kompany play ball with his hand in penalty area ?
- how about in 84 min when one of your defender push no. 27 - Zicu in penalty area ?
- as i told you you are better then us but you don't need this "rubish referee game: at least for the crowd who was fantastic yesterday;- i am curious how it is gone be in manchester ;
- probably you will go further but if you will play like this not a chance in the future;
hi mate, to be honest it looked like a penalty for you but also yaya was fouled in the box during his solo run so that makes it even. your team played well to keep it tight and we had to pass it around you. we were missing our main wide players so everything had to go down the middle. after a bit more time we WILL be a major european force. good luck in the second leg but not too much.

timi fan made a few comments in a reasonable way,so i would just say,yep we didnt play like a team simply because we are not one yet.New players new formation,narrow pitch ,we could have been a lot worse,(believe me) .the ref was influenced by the dive,if he had tried to stay up may have been given? anyway the return will be a big test for your lads,especially the second half, i expect a lot more in the way of goal threats from us and a higher tempo.i expect a hattrick from balo (no joke) and a couple from ade,so all you need is to score six against our poor defence and you go through !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.