The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

GStar said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Thsi thread is full of clowns.

Mourinho wants him. Ancellotti wants him, Redknapp wants ham.

And some of you lot don't.

Pathetic.

Also pathetic that others won't look at both sides.

Mourinho, Ancelotti, Redknapp... none of them are Manchester City.

I still can't make my mind up, but right now, i'm not sure i could bring myself to ever chant Rooney's name. I've been there too many times when he's kissed the badge, mouthed off at us or given us the finger. You think i'll pop my finger up my arse and smile simply because he now wants out of his cushy situation at utd?

Fuck that, it's like being on Jeremy Kyle and some of us are Rooney's woman; "Yea he's slapped me in the past, but things are different now, he loves me".

Once a blue... always a blue.

Surprised at you, GStar.

All players kiss badges, it's meaningless. How many badges has Carlos Tevez kissed in the past?

Rooney would make us the best team in the premier league, as well as opening the floodgates for other world stars. You should rise above petty fan stuff like that.

All that matters is how he plays. He wouldn't be the same player without his petulance and aggression.

Didsbury Dave said:

Pathetic.

Couple week back everyone on BM was slating him ; shit,overated, out of form, crap for england etc... now past two days wanking over him like he is the best thing since sliced bread. now thats pathetic

Failsworth_Blue said:
Balti said:
Another question. When we play the rags and the press wanks off about how wooney will destroy us single-handedly, which feared and over-hyped player has consistently failed to deliver and turned out to have been a needeless concern yet again? Rooney!

Well apart from when he scored against us in the leauge and cup last season and where he's scored the winning goal on two occasions at our ground in recent seasons

I've seen him do it to us loads.

Remember last season's home semi at COMS? He dropped deeper later in the game and for 10 minutes all Untied did was give it to him and he was destroying us. That's what he can do.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Balti said:
Another question. When we play the rags and the press wanks off about how wooney will destroy us single-handedly, which feared and over-hyped player has consistently failed to deliver and turned out to have been a needeless concern yet again? Rooney!

Well apart from when he scored against us in the leauge and cup last season and where he's scored the winning goal on two occasions at our ground in recent seasons

He was gifted the cup goal. My point is that he has been hyped for every derby and most times he has failed to deliver and has often been on the losing side. Just like he is doing this season and like he did in the world cup. He can be quality of course I woudn't deny that but I do believe he is over-hyped.

More importantly do we need him? Is he the type of player that would complete the jigsaw? Not really. We have Carlos.

I'll trust Mancini's decision but by preference I don't want the horrible chav anywhere near City.

lee-mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Pathetic.

Couple week back everyone on BM was slating him ; shit,overated, out of form, crap for england etc... now past two days wanking over him like he is the best thing since sliced bread. now thats pathetic

No they weren't.

There was actually a thread on "Would youhave him at City" and I posted "In a heartbeat". As did quite a few others.

What will be pathetic is is he signs and all the petty ABUs will be chanting "Rooney" despite posting shit like is on this thread.

I hope we don't sign him,we don't need any more"maverick"type players at this club.
I'm not particularily arsed about his private life,more interested in what he does on the pitch,which for the last 6months amounts to very little.
He is a badge kissing hypocrite imo like john terry.
He's shit on united despite recently saying they are the worlds best club,I can't be doing with two faced gobshites.

Didsbury Dave said:
Surprised at you, GStar.

All players kiss badges, it's meaningless. How many badges has Carlos Tevez kissed in the past?

Rooney would make us the best team in the premier league, as well as opening the floodgates for other world stars. You should rise above petty fan stuff like that.

All that matters is how he plays. He wouldn't be the same player without his petulance and aggression.

It goes beyond that though, in the press before every derby either mocking our shiteness or reminding us we've "done nothing yet", taking every oppourtunity to take the piss out of us whilst he's on the pitch.

I'm not sure i want to rise above it, i'm of the opinion that, as much as i hate utd in derby week, it's my most anticipated game... hatred is a strong word, but as a City fan, Utd are my pantomime villian.

As entertainment, what starts happening when we buy our most hated players and turn them into heros? It doesn't sit quite right with me, Tevez was a different situation, but this one is a weird one.

No doubt i feel some form of excitement at seeing the prospect of someone of that talent play for City, but i've already lost some of the buzz (but gained a decent football team) buying Rooney and hearing everyone sing his name, for me, would go against almost everything we as fans have preached for the last however many decades.

no i dont want him. he is a top class player but he one of those utd players i just dont want. ie people like keane, neville etc. i can not stand him. however if it was to happen i would get behind him like every other city player.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am --<br /><br />
GStar said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Surprised at you, GStar.

It goes beyond that though, in the press before every derby either mocking our shiteness or reminding us we've "done nothing yet", taking every oppourtunity to take the piss out of us whilst he's on the pitch.

I'm not sure i want to rise above it, i'm of the opinion that, as much as i hate utd in derby week, it's my most anticipated game... hatred is a strong word, but as a City fan, Utd are my pantomime villian.

As entertainment, what starts happening when we buy our most hated players and turn them into heros? It doesn't sit quite right with me, Tevez was a different situation, but this one is a weird one.

No doubt i feel some form of excitement at seeing the prospect of someone of that talent play for City, but i've already lost some of the buzz (but gained a decent football team) buying Rooney and hearing everyone sing his name, for me, would go against almost everything we as fans have preached for the last however many decades.

good post lad

Didsbury Dave said:
lee-mcfc said:

No they weren't.

There was actually a thread on "Would youhave him at City" and I posted "In a heartbeat". As did quite a few others.

What will be pathetic is is he signs and all the petty ABUs will be chanting "Rooney" despite posting shit like is on this thread.

It's nothing to do with who he plays for. I think signing him would be bad for our team dynamic. We have Tevez on fire at the moment and Balotelli to come in and make an impact. Why take the risk of upsetting things? We simply do not need him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.