The official We want rooney at city thread!

DaveH said:
richards30 said:
cant believe that people dont want him just because hes played for them lot!! yes hes been a little twat the last couple of years in his personal life but jesus last season football wise he was amazing!!!! if sheik mansour and the board want him then can we at least back sheik mansours judgement?? am sure he winces at some of the comments city fans make over certain things! time to stop acting like spoilt children and appreciate what is being done for our beloved club!! yes dzeko is an amzing player but why should sheik mansour pay well over £50m for him??? for some people on here they think its football manager and its not!! certain players come up at certain times that you cannot turn down and i believe this is one of them! how about we go back to the good old days of having nothing and aiming to finish any where higher than 4th from bottom?!?! FFS!!

What a load of Crap
One good season.
He hated us. Even stamped on a city scarf during the derby No Thanks
so iassume then if/when he signs you`ll stop watching city then dave??

I'm on board, my mind was made up on Sunday, and I couldn't believe I was saying that

richards30 said:
cant believe that people dont want him just because hes played for them lot!! yes hes been a little twat the last couple of years in his personal life but jesus last season football wise he was amazing!!!! if sheik mansour and the board want him then can we at least back sheik mansours judgement?? am sure he winces at some of the comments city fans make over certain things! time to stop acting like spoilt children and appreciate what is being done for our beloved club!! yes dzeko is an amzing player but why should sheik mansour pay well over £50m for him??? for some people on here they think its football manager and its not!! certain players come up at certain times that you cannot turn down and i believe this is one of them! how about we go back to the good old days of having nothing and aiming to finish any where higher than 4th from bottom?!?! FFS!!
My God you're a twat.

I'll bookmark this topic. When the fucking rag pig signs a new contract or fucks off to Real Madrid, I will bring this up for cert. People are sucking that rag fuckers plums here. Disgusting.

I would have him, if he would turn into the 30-goals Rooney, but I wouldnt give a heck if he joined some other club, not even Chelsea - so long as the Rags cry, thats' fine with me.

Anyway, I don't see Adebayor staying after January, Rooney would fit well as a replacement.

Damocles said:
has worked with Tevez before to huge success
That's exactly my problem. I don't see that he has worked with Tevez to huge success. Their collective record at the rags was not that impressive. I don't think their record for City would be as poor (21.5 league goals combined a season - less than either individually last season) as what it was at the rags, due to not having to service Ronaldo, but I can't see it being better than 37 goals a season. I'm afraid them playing together will diminish their individual effectiveness, not bolster it.

bobmcfc said:
its a risk and i have my doubts about is attitute and fitness. with the ffp rules coming in rooney could be a huge boost to our turnover. shirt sales,marketing etc. garry cook would be in his element. if we could get him for a reasonable price and get him scoring again then the risk would reap rewards. from a fan perspective it could be hard for a few to swallow but from a business angle it would be a masterstroke.

the key point here is that we must boost our turnover and buying rooney would do that.

This x 1 billion

If Rooney comes here I have a sneaky feeling it means Tevez is on his way out and I wouldn't swap Tevez for anyone at the moment. Yes to Rooney and Tevez but not instead of.

On purely footballing terms, of course on form, he's an outstanding player and any side would be glad to have him. But do we need him bearing in mind the position he favours....one occupied by our own superstar and one who's rapidly becoming my all time favourite city player...king carlos. I can't honestly remember how well they played together at united...i know ferguson used to play rooney on the left , ronaldo was all over the place and tevez hardly had a look in. Surely what we need at this moment is a natural goalscorer...one with pace, who can play in front of tevez....and with that in mind, right now i'd take torres over rooney....he'd work well with silva and tevez, and while he's getting match practice at liverpool, it'd only take some decent service on the pitch at city to get him firing again.

Skashion said:
richards30 said:
My God you're a twat.
well thought out reply that mate!! the mods have removed enough keyboard warriors!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.