The official We want rooney at city thread!

Skashion said:
larderland said:
it is a bit much tho,hes a red who gives a shit??,well get over it like we did with tevez,hes told united to go fuk emself,what more could we want??told fergie who we despise hes outta there to join the blues!!
Just as many people, if not more, want him because it will piss the rags off, so they're just as bitter and obsessed as the people you're criticising. I'd rather these debates be about the football rather than one side trying to claim moral superiority by being the truer supporters.

fair enuf but im not one of them,i want him here cos hes world class,not because itl anger the united fans.ye thats an advantage of the deal but not the reason i want him here, we got our little transfer victory over them when gettin tevez,i want him here to win us things im sorry i just dont see what the dif is between his situation and tevezs except that rooney was better than tevez at his time of leaving united than teves time of leaving united

-- Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:58 pm --

carrconormcfc said:
carrconormcfc said:
Words cannot describe how hypocritical that post is.

explain pls
You claim that anyone that doesn't want shrek here is obsessed and bitter, before going on to state that your reason for wanting him here is that it would be 'the final nail in the coffin for man united' and that 'united would be finished' if this deal were to happen. How little thought can you put into a post really?[/quote]

larderland said:
Skashion said:
Just as many people, if not more, want him because it will piss the rags off, so they're just as bitter and obsessed as the people you're criticising. I'd rather these debates be about the football rather than one side trying to claim moral superiority by being the truer supporters.

fair enuf but im not one of them,i want him here cos hes world class,not because itl anger the united fans.ye thats an advantage of the deal but not the reason i want him here, we got our little transfer victory over them when gettin tevez,i want him here to win us things im sorry i just dont see what the dif is between his situation and tevezs except that rooney was better than tevez at his time of leaving united than teves time of leaving united

-- Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:58 pm --

carrconormcfc said:
explain pls
You claim that anyone that doesn't want shrek here is obsessed and bitter, before going on to state that your reason for wanting him here is that it would be 'the final nail in the coffin for man united' and that 'united would be finished' if this deal were to happen. How little thought can you put into a post really?
[/quote]

i mean they will be finished as our competitors therefore give us a better chance of winning the league you tool not finished as a club and i can sit their laughing ,i mean they will no longer be competition to us in the league without him so therefore greatly benefit man city football club on the pitch not off it,thank you

Get him signed. Pay him what it takes. He's 1 of the 5 best strikers in the world, simple as that. He would improve any team and any squad.
And the fact that he's been ripped out from under the noses of ManUre makes it all the better.

its a risk and i have my doubts about is attitute and fitness. with the ffp rules coming in rooney could be a huge boost to our turnover. shirt sales,marketing etc. garry cook would be in his element. if we could get him for a reasonable price and get him scoring again then the risk would reap rewards. from a fan perspective it could be hard for a few to swallow but from a business angle it would be a masterstroke.

the key point here is that we must boost our turnover and buying rooney would do that.

Can someone please spell out the specifics of your objections to this prospect? Because the fact that he plays for the rags is neither here nor there, is it? Why is it relevant?<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:12 am --<br /><br />
bobmcfc said:
its a risk and i have my doubts about is attitute and fitness. with the ffp rules coming in rooney could be a huge boost to our turnover. shirt sales,marketing etc. garry cook would be in his element. if we could get him for a reasonable price and get him scoring again then the risk would reap rewards. from a fan perspective it could be hard for a few to swallow but from a business angle it would be a masterstroke.

the key point here is that we must boost our turnover and buying rooney would do that.

I get the impression it's an image rights thing. We were talking to Twatini and his minions a couple of weeks ago to thrash out exactly what we can and can't get away with. I'm pretty certain we've had some sort of a green light coming out of that meeting and there have been anecdotal rumours since that City think they can get around the main hurdles.

carrconormcfc said:
larderland said:
You claim that anyone that doesn't want shrek here is obsessed and bitter, before going on to state that your reason for wanting him here is that it would be 'the final nail in the coffin for man united' and that 'united would be finished' if this deal were to happen. How little thought can you put into a post really?

i mean they will be finished as our competitors therefore give us a better chance of winning the league you tool not finished as a club and i can sit their laughing ,i mean they will no longer be competition to us in the league without him so therefore greatly benefit man city football club on the pitch not off it,thank you
First of all no need for insults son, I'm not the one who makes a post without thinking about it. You say you're not arsed about the effect is has off the pitch but with one easy quote:

i think ppl underestimate how big this deal would be on and off the pitch for both clubs
Yet again shows you're contradicting yourself.

For your information, the people that don't want shrek here aren't bitter or obsessed, it's just that they have enough dignity not to want to sell the soul of the club in order to get a player that hasn't scored from open play in 7 months. Would you have Fergie as manager? Exactly the same sort of thing. If your answer to that last question is no you are a 'bitter' individual apparently.

who would you want in a tight game who could create a bit of magic? Jo? RSC? Ade? or Rooney its not a tough call!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.