The One TV Series to Rule Them All...

Sorry @urban genie but I really believe the LOTR films to be the pinnacle of fantasy filmmaking. Some parts of the books were cut (Tom Bombadil was completely omitted for example). The focal point of the second film, Helm’s Deep, was only a single chapter of TTT. I honestly think the correct decisions were made throughout. I don’t think the story begs retelling on the small screen. I wouldn’t be opposed to a Silmarillion series however since it could offer something new.

Not disagreeing on you with any of that, as I said understand why they cut bits.

If honest would prefer if someone picked up some other writers of note in the fantasy fiction genre to adapt than just regurgitate the same ones

Any of Robin Hobb books turned into films or tv series would be great absolutely love her books so easy reading and great stories.

Not disagreeing on you with any of that, as I said understand why they cut bits.

If honest would prefer if someone picked up some other writers of note in the fantasy fiction genre to adapt than just regurgitate the same ones
Not sure if you’ve read the two books in the planned trilogy but the kingkiller chronicles are fantastic books and tv series planned. Well worth reading if you haven’t.

https://www.empireonline.com/people/lin-manuel/john-rogers-will-run-kingkiller-chronicle-tv-series/

Not sure if you’ve read the two books in the planned trilogy but the kingkiller chronicles are fantastic books and tv series planned. Well worth reading if you haven’t.

https://www.empireonline.com/people/lin-manuel/john-rogers-will-run-kingkiller-chronicle-tv-series/

Is that the ones written by rothfuss? I will give them a go cheers.

There of another set of novels by brandon sanderson and his cosmere universe that are being turned into multiple films.

On a side I watched the last kingdom on bbc2 and having read some of cornwell saxon chronicles.
I have read his arthurian/grail novels too and wouldn't mind seeing them adpted for telly

I’ve heard great things about Kingkiller but reluctant to start it with no release date in sight for the third book. Rothfuss apparently has a huge contingent of pitchfork and torch wielders on social media because it’s been six years and counting.

I’ve heard great things about Kingkiller but reluctant to start it with no release date in sight for the third book. Rothfuss apparently has a huge contingent of pitchfork and torch wielders on social media because it’s been six years and counting.
Haha indeed, I think he secretly loves it and I must admit it really pisses me off the waiting. Mainly because of how good the first two are, hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Is that the ones written by rothfuss? I will give them a go cheers.

There of another set of novels by brandon sanderson and his cosmere universe that are being turned into multiple films.

On a side I watched the last kingdom on bbc2 and having read some of cornwell saxon chronicles.
I have read his arthurian/grail novels too and wouldn't mind seeing them adpted for telly
I read the mustborn trilogy and really enjoyed the magic aspect and burning of metals, really different and unique and a good read. Not read any of his other stuff but I can imagine it transferring well into films.

We already have the film theatrical releases and extended editions. Thoses were perfection and said all that needed to be said. They also grossed King Solomon’s ransom. And we have the Hobbit series which stretched a single book into three films. Why on earth is this needed?

Far from perfection my friend, in fact if you were a fan of the book it destroyed lots of things, I detest the films and Jackson with a fucking passion unrivalled, I am stopping typing now as the rage is already beginning.

Wouldn't want to bore you lol

Haha indeed, I think he secretly loves it and I must admit it really pisses me off the waiting. Mainly because of how good the first two are, hopefully it will be worth the wait.

So what is book 2.5 the slow regard of silent things? Is it part of book 2?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.