The Owners

I don't think our owners are being patient, nor are they hiding behind this blank cheque book. They're simply following their own plan, which is working.

You have to realise that our owners are very, very astute business people. They know the way to do things. Didn't Sheikh Mansour make $3bn profit or something when he sold his shares in Barclays that he'd only bought a few months earlier? He made the money not by selling when the price started to go up, but when he would get the best price. That's not being patient, it's showing sense.

You said the owners should "take some fucking responsibility, show some leadership and character".

That's exactly what they're doing. This isn't Peter Swales, this isn't the managerial merrygoround. The owners have seen this before, with a manager called Alex Ferguson, the fans shouted for him to be sacked, but he wasn't. The Chairman at the time gave him the time to develop, and look what happened.

Are we in freefall? Are we in the relegation zone? No, we're in the best league position we've been in for donkeys years, we're in stable growth. STABLE GROWTH. Our owners know that you can't just win straight away, and they're in it for the long term.

I really wish people would enjoy what we're going through at the moment instead of panicking that we're title contenders right now.

Had the Internet been around then as it is now, you'd have been reading this sort of stuff about that cheating Rag Ferguson. A lot of Rags hated him and were calling for his head for about 2 seasons before he embarked on the most successful managerial career of all time.

One thing City needs is time and stability, Hughes may not turn out to be the one but FFS you've got to give him time.

I'm starting to get pissed off reading stuff like this to be honest, I'm also starting to get pissed off about the slating of players and the negative shouting at matches.

What the hell is wrong with fans these days? We've never had it so good, enjoy the moment and if after a couple of seasons with his own 'team' Hughes isn't getting results then come on here and slag him off.

I think to get rid of hughes at this stage in the season would be suicidal if we were to try and push for this 4th spot. There isnt any managers out there who i feel could come and do a job. If others feel so strongly that there is who are they and what do you think at this stage in the season they could do differently. As important as this season is we need to wait until May to see what has actually happened rather than speculate what will happen and then sack a manger that IMO has done an ok job so far. we are 6th with a game in hand have only been beaten once and have drawn games city of old would have lost.
On to the owners to say they should take responsibility for the "Mark Hughes Project". I think they are right to give him a chance. Ok 200m is a hell of a lot of money but to them its not. they have given hughes the funds and are letting him run with it and if he does not deliver the goods as agreed pre season he will be off. In the mean time they are not going to make hasty decisions and axe him when he's doing an ok job.
What us city fans have to realise just because we have money and owners interested in taking the club forward, trophies will not start arriving over night and the owners are aware of this and will be happy enough just as long as the targets are met.
We have had nothing for so long so im sure we can wait a little longer and see what hughes delivers. By sacking would be a step back. The players we have might not be every managers choice just as svens players wernt to hughes liking. So sacking hughes would be just going back the beginning but giving it a new project name.

We'll know in January.

If Huges is given only 10 mill instead of 100m to spend.

But if we can all see Hughes' shortcomings, if he's so transparent, tactically naive, not to mention just downright dull, then why on earth are we keeping him? To limp into 6th place this season and play in the europa league or whatever it's called next season?

Surely the owners have to cop some flack? I mean, signing a new manager is like signing a new player. Go and flash the cash. Make Inter an offer they can't refuse, then make Mourinho an offer he can't refuse...we'll finish in the top 4 this season, and the project will be back on track...

mannion18 said:
I think to get rid of hughes at this stage in the season would be suicidal if we were to try and push for this 4th spot. There isnt any managers out there who i feel could come and do a job. If others feel so strongly that there is who are they and what do you think at this stage in the season they could do differently. As important as this season is we need to wait until May to see what has actually happened rather than speculate what will happen and then sack a manger that IMO has done an ok job so far. we are 6th with a game in hand have only been beaten once and have drawn games city of old would have lost.
On to the owners to say they should take responsibility for the "Mark Hughes Project". I think they are right to give him a chance. Ok 200m is a hell of a lot of money but to them its not. they have given hughes the funds and are letting him run with it and if he does not deliver the goods as agreed pre season he will be off. In the mean time they are not going to make hasty decisions and axe him when he's doing an ok job.
What us city fans have to realise just because we have money and owners interested in taking the club forward, trophies will not start arriving over night and the owners are aware of this and will be happy enough just as long as the targets are met.
We have had nothing for so long so im sure we can wait a little longer and see what hughes delivers. By sacking would be a step back. The players we have might not be every managers choice just as svens players wernt to hughes liking. So sacking hughes would be just going back the beginning but giving it a project name.

Spot on Mannion

"The Owners" are backing the manager 100%, giving him absolutely everything he wishes for in order to attain a top4 finish.

The public top6 target was an obvious move in keeping expectations in check, i think it is fairly straight forward to assume chumps league is our goal this season.

IF we lose pace with the top4 I expect the axe will fall rather swiftly.

Rammy Blue said:
"The Owners" are backing the manager 100%, giving him absolutely everything he wishes for in order to attain a top4 finish.

The public top6 target was an obvious move in keeping expectations in check, i think it is fairly straight forward to assume chumps league is our goal this season.

IF we lose pace with the top4 I expect the axe will fall rather swiftly.

Does the writing really have to be on the wall in big red indelible ink before our owners act. Surely it makes more sense, in a season where the top 4 are genuinely there for the taking, to be a little more pro-active than to wait until we've slipped out of the top 4 race altogether...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.