The Owners

I thought it was interesting some of the interviews in Abu Dhabi where a lot of the home fans were saying it's a 3 year plan. Maybe that's what Hughes as got?

Didsbury Dave said:
The time's not now, Billy, in my opinion.

3 substandard performances is not a crisis.

But if we look at Hughes' tenure as a whole - or even the start to this season...as many people keep pointing out - we're not improving. Mitigating circumstances or not - we're not moving forwards under Hughes. Like I said in my OP - the list of charges against Hughes are endless. It seems a little selective on the part of the Hughes Out brigade to vilify the man as being not good enough etc. but praise our owners for keeping him in place anyway.

I'm just wondering why it is that nobody has questioned them? I mean, this is after all a messageboard where people come to "vent" about the things which they apparently would never say on match day. This is the forum. So lets get ADUG on the stand...isn't it time Khaldoon told us EXACTLY what he has seen in Hughes' 18 months in charge which makes him so sure that he's the right man for the job. Isn't it time an explanation was given to us about why our world class youth system and coaching staff were sacked only to be replaced by third rate coaches who are in fact just Mark Hughes yes men...why even though we have so many technically gifted footballers, they can only play kick and rush football...etc.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
"The Owners" are backing the manager 100%, giving him absolutely everything he wishes for in order to attain a top4 finish.

The public top6 target was an obvious move in keeping expectations in check, i think it is fairly straight forward to assume chumps league is our goal this season.

IF we lose pace with the top4 I expect the axe will fall rather swiftly.

Does the writing really have to be on the wall in big red indelible ink before our owners act. Surely it makes more sense, in a season where the top 4 are genuinely there for the taking, to be a little more pro-active than to wait until we've slipped out of the top 4 race altogether...

Pro-active would have been to sack Hughes when we got beat pre-Xmas last year by WBA and entered the bottom 3 - funnily enough if i had been Chairman it is when the axe would have been swung....

I judge the manager on simple things like team selection, tactics, formation, ability to change if tactics/formation isn't working, substitutions etc - all things that at the moment are hardly points in which Hughes is excelling.

Now is not the time to chop Hughes however the next few weeks will give us an indication of where we are at, I will pass my own judgement on the evening of Dec 5th after we have played Chelsea (following on from Dippers, Hull and Arse).

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Does the writing really have to be on the wall in big red indelible ink before our owners act. Surely it makes more sense, in a season where the top 4 are genuinely there for the taking, to be a little more pro-active than to wait until we've slipped out of the top 4 race altogether...

Pro-active would have been to sack Hughes when we got beat pre-Xmas last year by WBA and entered the bottom 3 - funnily enough if i had been Chairman it is when the axe would have been swung....

I judge the manager on simple things like team selection, tactics, formation, ability to change if tactics/formation isn't working, substitutions etc - all things that at the moment are hardly points in which Hughes is excelling.

Now is not the time to chop Hughes however the next few weeks will give us an indication of where we are at, I will pass my own judgement on the evening of Dec 5th after we have played Chelsea (following on from Dippers, Hull and Arse).

Alright...so now we're talking. He's got the first part of December to show some progress otherwise we start asking our erstwhile owners if they know what they're doing...

Changing managers over in these type of situations is THE main reason City never win anything. If we do sack him, chances are we'll find ourselves in the same position this time next year with the same idiots proclaiming that if we'd brought in THEIR man rather than whoever's in the job, things would be different so we need to sack the next bloke, then the year after he's not the man for the job......blah blah on & on & on for another 40 bleeding years. Load of crap.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

Alright...so now we're talking. He's got the first part of December to show some progress otherwise we start asking our erstwhile owners if they know what they're doing...

don't talk shit and stop being so sanctimonious.

get back to threads about Stevie, suits you more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.