The PA guy again

I'm pretty sure it's "thanks for your support" with "magnificent" dropped nowadays. Probably because half the crowd's gone home by the time he gets around to announcing it.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's referred to us as the stomach-churning, out of town choice of "Man City" when we're Manchester City and, of course, plain old City would suffice.

For all this, has anyone heard the deadpan Scouser at Anfield? They've obviously picked the only person on Merseyside who's not a born wit.

BTH said:
For all this, has anyone heard the deadpan Scouser at Anfield? They've obviously picked the only person on Merseyside who's not a born wit.

That isn't very nice is it?

Maybe his budgie died or something. :-(

he's not been regular this season. saw him one game come to woman and kids in seats row infront. he said he was doing commentary that week.

BTH said:
I'm pretty sure it's "thanks for your support" with "magnificent" dropped nowadays. Probably because half the crowd's gone home by the time he gets around to announcing it.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's referred to us as the stomach-churning, out of town choice of "Man City" when we're Manchester City and, of course, plain old City would suffice.

I'm having the Scouser at Anfield.

A proper miserable bastard. Good on him. None of this cheer leading bollocks.

Sounds depressed when announcing the goalscorer for Liverpool and like he is about to top himself when announcing the scorer for somoene else. Excellent stuff.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Hopefully the club have noticed this thread!!

the club reads everything on here and they also have had fans in to talk about the atmosphere from time to time

the fans make all these points

then they write them all down and say "wow, great points"

and then next game its the same old same old all over again

you need football people inside football clubs not brainboxes with no passion who are trying to come up with something "new" and "innovative" for each game

I have been complaining for months about the very high sound level and nothing changes, they just do not care.

blumoonrises said:
Freestyler said:
agreed, just kills everything.

I used to get in the ground 30 minutes before, i now go in about 2 minutes before the pride in battle video which i really like.

normally get in about 10-15 minutes before KO now.

I actually just get through the turnstile at kick off so I don't have to listen
Yeah? Well I turn up 10 mins after full time so I don't have to listen so I win. ;p

It's agreed Mr Announcer is a fanny merchant of the highest order.

But, as most agree its not really his fault - the club need a policy to let the fans build up the atmosphere from at least 2.45pm

For the Villa game i'd like to see the club hold its nerve and turn the pa off pre-match to let the supporters get some proper singing going. I dont mid it at half time, but prematch its a nightmare.

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
One thing that does wind me up is when they play the "boys in blue never give in" song after a bad performance or result.
Yes that really riles me as well. They've spent 90 minutes strolling around the pitch watching opponents go past them and all you can hear is "We are the lads who are playing to win" and "The boys in blue never give in".

made me LOL both of these comments, but the thing is it's true, i agree!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.