The pellegrini effect..

1961_vintage said:
Imagine you are a young, talented footballer in the City academy.

12 months ago your prospects of breaking through to the senior squad were limited and you could be forgiven if your level of personal motivation reflected that.

Those prospects have increased significantly with this change in management and change in management ethos.

People can take the piss out of "holistic" if that is what pleases them.

But I think we will now see a factory of talent production that will be the foundation of the Club for many, many years. That's got to be something worth getting excited about.
Will you settle for 6th place, at the end off the season, providing 2 or 3 EDS kids, such as, Emyr Huws, have broken through then ?.... and more importantly, will the board?

Forget all this holistic cr*p, that was just an excuse to move Mancini on, (and keep the ffp merchants off our backs, for a while)

Pellegrini's one and only job is to ensure the first team remain in constant contention for honours, otherwise, I suspect he'll find himself suffering a similar fate to Mancini, in 12 months time.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
1961_vintage said:
Imagine you are a young, talented footballer in the City academy.

12 months ago your prospects of breaking through to the senior squad were limited and you could be forgiven if your level of personal motivation reflected that.

Those prospects have increased significantly with this change in management and change in management ethos.

People can take the piss out of "holistic" if that is what pleases them.

But I think we will now see a factory of talent production that will be the foundation of the Club for many, many years. That's got to be something worth getting excited about.
Will you settle for 6th place, at the end off the season, providing 2 or 3 EDS kids, such as, Emyr Huws, have broken through then ?.... and more importantly, will the board?

Forget all this holistic cr*p, that was just an excuse to move Mancini on, (and keep the ffp merchants off our backs, for a while)

Pellegrini's one and only job is to ensure the first team remain in constant contention for honours, otherwise, I suspect he'll find himself suffering a similar fate to Mancini, in 12 months time.

Whilst I completely agree it's a results-based business, the reality is that we want, and expect, both. Success on the field in terms of contending for and winning major honours together with tangible examples of academy players making their way through to the 1st team squad. Hughes could well be one of the first.

the managers minimum targets ,this season imo,are top 3 ,and get out of the group stages,of the champs legue,not saying we don't expect to win anything of course we do ,im just saying that is the min ,expected

franksinatra said:
BillyShears said:
Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.

Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.

I think you will find most people are positive about the new manager and looking forward to the new era but can also be grateful of the efforts of the previous manager. Anyway you got your reaction..well done

Indeed. Whether pro or anti Mancini, most are positive and supportive of Pellegrini and rightly so.

There does , however, seem to be the odd poster who can't let go off their hatred of Mancini.

Billy, why can't you let it go and move on ?

Mancini was very volatile with the players and at this level of football that is not acceptable. He's treated some players unfairly as well. He's made some public statements about players a manager of a top club in the world should not make. Like publicly criticizing Kompany for playing for his NT, right after injury.

I was never a fan of what he was trying to do with the team tactically. The one dimensional narrow approach and the slow build up was starting to show less and less results and with it the morale of the team was going down. Last season was not frustrating because of bad results so much as it was because of the type of football we were playing combined with the low morale of the players.

One might argue professional players who earn the wages our players make should not be affected by this. But soccer is a creative discipline as much as a physical one, and the morale is very important. We lacked creativity last season. Players need to be empowered to explore their game. I can't even remember the last time Dzeko even attempted a shot outside of the box, like he did vs. Sunderland.

Mancini has accomplished a lot. Certainly he will forever be known as a manager who won us the first league in a very long time, and as that he will forever be remembered as a legend.

But it was time for a new approach, and we have a smart leadership.

So far I am very impressed with Pellegrini and would love to see his method succeed for multiple reasons. Because if it does we're in for an era of beautiful football, that may transcend beyond the Club.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
For me Roberto Mancini will always hold an honoured place in the history of our club, and I am not going to join in any of the mean spirited, ludicrously ignorant and simply plain wrong attacks on him by some posters on here who seem to start from the basic premise that those who serve the club are never worthy of such bigoted fans. As a City fan of nearly 60 years I find it hard, however, to be anything other than positive about Manuel Pellegrini. He seems a gentleman, he works quietly and without fuss but he seems to have clear aims and a streak of steel which may serve him well. I have been very impressed with progress in the transfer window so far, though we have to say that great credit must also go to Begiristain and Sorriano, two who were also coming in for much ill informed criticism towards the end of last season. To talk, though, of "the Pellegrini effect" at the moment is totally unrealistic. Asked about his substitutions after the game yesterday he said they were of no tactical significance whatever and that so far all he was concerned with was giving players, more or less, the same number of minutes on the pitch. His concern is fitness. He went on to say that the team selected was probably nothing like the one which would kick off the PL season. I would add that trying to pick out any signs of quicker approach play and a generally quicker tempo on that mud heap is unlikely to be successful. Let's give the man and the players - we haven't even seen Jovetic yet - a bit of time. He's got 3 weeks yet.
bravo
mancini will alway have a special place in my heart and there is aplace in my heart waiting for pellegrini

wow the anti Mancini twats just can't let it go can they

good luck Pellers and lets hope you can follow Bobby Manc who is a City Legend

no pressure lol ;-)

Davs 19 said:
franksinatra said:
BillyShears said:
Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.
Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.
I think you will find most people are positive about the new manager and looking forward to the new era but can also be grateful of the efforts of the previous manager. Anyway you got your reaction..well done
Indeed. Whether pro or anti Mancini, most are positive and supportive of Pellegrini and rightly so.
There does , however, seem to be the odd poster who can't let go off their hatred of Mancini.
Billy, why can't you let it go and move on ?
he tries but he keeps falling over his bottom lip

well as most of us on here are i am a city fan. so of course i hope pelligrini turns out to be the greatest manager we have had. wins the league chimps league etc. as he is now in charge of my club. i still however think we made a mistake getting rid of mancini. so he upset players so wtf. and have never got over clichy supposedly one of our fastest players being taken to the cleaners by a kid who could not get in wigans first team all season. can't get rid of the feeling some players threw the cup final to be sure mancini would not be kept on. so i wait and see and hope that i am wrong because it want city to do better and win something this season. but some of the abuse mancini gets on here you would have thought he took us down to the conference.

I'm not positive about Pellegrini yet, because there's no evidence on which to base it. We've had four pre-season games, and not good ones. But even if they had been good, it wouldn't be evidence either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.