The pellegrini effect..

Deepest Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.

Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.
That's crap Billy.

Many posters on here praised the City under Mancini and defended him to the last but when the deed was done have been optimistic about good times ahead under Pelle.

There may well be a few who wait to be convinced but no harm in that.

Posts like this from mr shears only further convince me what a whopper he is and that he probably never even got to play football for the scouts fifth team. Mancini has done more in football than you or I could ever dream of. He won us the premier league Ffs. You don't know him personally yet call him horrible? Show some respect. Here's two true stories for you about this horrible man.

1. My dad went to San Carlo Manchester on a 60th bday do, the guys son has Down syndrome and is always wandering up to folk talking to them and singing songs, he's a great lad but can be a handful and many people are wary or awkward of people with disabilities. Michael saw Mancini at a table eating quietly went straight over before his dad could stop him and sat himself down for a chat. Michael is a season ticket holder at Oldham and loves football. My dad said Mancini was amazing with him and mike was sat there for ages chatting away!

2. I teach at a sixth form college. One of my tutor group was doing a coursework project for his btec. It was on money in football he wrote to city to ask for their views etc. he got a call from the club telling him they were really interested in his project. They told him Mancini would ring him to answer some of his questions personally and to wait by his phone. Couple of registrations past with me asking him had it happened and he was like as if it's going to. Then about a week after the call from the club Mancini himself contacted chris and spent about ten mins on the phone answering questions.

Both absolutely true stories about a horrible man who won us the only trophies I can remember in my lifetime.

FantasyIreland said:
chesterguy said:
There is no point in trying to compare Mancini and Pellegrini its like trying to compare an apple and an orange
I think a lemon is more appropriate.
BillyShears said:
... But there are a few who basically fold their arms and stick their bottom lips out and start bleating about Mancini whenever a thread about Pellegrini is started.
Billy says it so well, however much editing is required to uncover the nugget!

Talk is cheap. Let's see where we are at the start of November before even attempting to formulate an opinion on the team's prospects under Pellegrini.

MY VIEW
By MARTIN BLACKBURN
North West football reporter

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5038412/Martin-Blackburns-MyView-Pellegrini-lays-down-foundations.html#ixzz2aLr8RNPh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z2aLr8RNPh</a>

AS a fully trained engineer, Manuel Pellegrini knows the importance of putting down solid foundations first.

And the new Manchester City boss has stolen a march on his title rivals by getting his squad rebuilding done early.

With the possible exception of a new centre-back, Pellegrini admitted this week his summer spending is more or less done.

The Chilean had his whole squad assembled in Hong Kong on July 22 - meaning he has a full month to work with them before the Premier League opener against Newcastle.

Yes there has been a lot of changes but those four weeks together mean Pellegrini will be confident of hitting the ground running on August 19.

Meanwhile down the road at Manchester United, the talk of signing stars like Cesc Fabregas, Cristiano Ronaldo or Gareth Bale is still just that... talk.

Similarly Chelsea are having to be patient in their pursuit of a marquee signing with Wayne Rooney very much top of the list.

And despite talk of Arsenal being finally ready to spend big, it has been an all too familiar tale for Gunners fans so far.

They missed out on Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli and Liverpool continue to play hardball over Luis Suarez.

So plenty of posturing going on among the others — but it’s only really City who have put their money where their mouth is and spent big so far this summer. And it seems that lessons have been learned at the Etihad from 12 months ago.

Back then, moves for the likes of Robin van Persie, Eden Hazard and Daniele de Rossi failed to materialise — much to the frustration of ex-boss Roberto Mancini.

In the end, deals for Javi Garcia, Matija Nastasic, Scott Sinclair and Maicon were rushed through at the last minute. While Nastasic stood out and the jury remains out on Garcia, the less said about the other two, the better.

As a result City went backwards last season as their title defence lurched from one disappointment to another and United made them pay.

Twelve months on and the Sky Blues — in particular their jet-setting director of football Txiki Begiristain — made sure they hit the ground running.

Deals for Fernandinho and Jesus Navas were sealed in the early days of June. Then in the space of 24 hours last week, they brought in strike pair Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic.

Even Jose Mourinho — no great fan of Begiristain and chief exec Ferran Soriano from their days at Barcelona — was forced to doff his cap and admit it is a decent haul of players.

So expect City to come flying out of the blocks in three weeks time.

Not only have they got their business done early, they also have a gentle start to their title push.

Games against newly-promoted duo Hull and Cardiff are sandwiched in between clashes with Newcastle and Stoke before the Champions League gets under way in mid-September.

Just as they are in the transfer market right now, some of the other title hopefuls could be playing catch-up by then.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5038412/Martin-Blackburns-MyView-Pellegrini-lays-down-foundations.html#ixzz2aLr2q9yV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z2aLr2q9yV</a>

bondsman said:
Deepest Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.

Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.
That's crap Billy.

Many posters on here praised the City under Mancini and defended him to the last but when the deed was done have been optimistic about good times ahead under Pelle.

There may well be a few who wait to be convinced but no harm in that.

Posts like this from mr shears only further convince me what a whopper he is and that he probably never even got to play football for the scouts fifth team. Mancini has done more in football than you or I could ever dream of. He won us the premier league Ffs. You don't know him personally yet call him horrible? Show some respect. Here's two true stories for you about this horrible man.

1. My dad went to San Carlo Manchester on a 60th bday do, the guys son has Down syndrome and is always wandering up to folk talking to them and singing songs, he's a great lad but can be a handful and many people are wary or awkward of people with disabilities. Michael saw Mancini at a table eating quietly went straight over before his dad could stop him and sat himself down for a chat. Michael is a season ticket holder at Oldham and loves football. My dad said Mancini was amazing with him and mike was sat there for ages chatting away!

2. I teach at a sixth form college. One of my tutor group was doing a coursework project for his btec. It was on money in football he wrote to city to ask for their views etc. he got a call from the club telling him they were really interested in his project. They told him Mancini would ring him to answer some of his questions personally and to wait by his phone. Couple of registrations past with me asking him had it happened and he was like as if it's going to. Then about a week after the call from the club Mancini himself contacted chris and spent about ten mins on the phone answering questions.

Both absolutely true stories about a horrible man who won us the only trophies I can remember in my lifetime.
I think it was the right time for Mancini to leave but I don't understand anyone who would give him any abuse. Those stories were really nice.

Still too early to judge on how well Pellegrini is doing, but with the players he has at his disposal and with the new additions it will be hard for him to fail.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:

Not sure I've seen too many at all who aren't positive about Pellegrini.

No, me neither.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.