The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Watching that performance — or whatever you want to call it — yesterday got me to thinking who, in my opinion, will definitely survive of this squad, once Pep is in. Now I'm not saying the clear-out will be all at one fell swoop, this summer. But I believe that these players, and these only, are fairly certain of still being at this club and in the squad about fourteen months from now:

Hart
Fernandinho
Silva
Aguero
Iheanacho
Sterling
De Bruyne

Kompany (?)

I put a question mark after Vinny's name because everything depends on him proving that he can get — and stay — fit. Otherwise, I don't see Pep having any patience with him. I honestly think everybody else could be cleared out, or put out to grass. I think players like Clichy, Zab and Sagna have done a fine job, as far as they go (and I love Zab as a guy, does it need saying) but I don't think will feel that players of that age will be mouldable to his style.
What's your survivor list?

I think Joe Hart will be one of the first to go. Pep always has a keeper who is comfortable on the ball who is brilliant at distribution as opposed to hoofing it to the opposition. Maybe he can get Neur.

I think Joe Hart will be one of the first to go. Pep always has a keeper who is comfortable on the ball who is brilliant at distribution as opposed to hoofing it to the opposition. Maybe he can get Neur.
Doubtful in the extreme we could get Neuer but agree Joe Harts days of kicking the ball to the opposition are numbered.

Watching that performance — or whatever you want to call it — yesterday got me to thinking who, in my opinion, will definitely survive of this squad, once Pep is in. Now I'm not saying the clear-out will be all at one fell swoop, this summer. But I believe that these players, and these only, are fairly certain of still being at this club and in the squad about fourteen months from now:

Hart
Fernandinho
Silva
Aguero
Iheanacho
Sterling
De Bruyne

Kompany (?)

I put a question mark after Vinny's name because everything depends on him proving that he can get — and stay — fit. Otherwise, I don't see Pep having any patience with him. I honestly think everybody else could be cleared out, or put out to grass. I think players like Clichy, Zab and Sagna have done a fine job, as far as they go (and I love Zab as a guy, does it need saying) but I don't think will feel that players of that age will be mouldable to his style.
What's your survivor list?

He's had patience with Javi Martinez to be fair. His injury record has been ridiculous at Bayern:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/javi-martinez/verletzungen/spieler/44017

There have been rumors about Pep wanting Claudio Bravo. I know Joe is seen as untouchable by many here and I like him as well, but there is a chance Pep doesn't feel he suits his style.

Hart will be on trial next year
Zabba will stay our best defender going forward and will do whatever pep wants.
Otamendi will be on trial, but i think he stays as he is v good on the ball.
Kompany
Fernandinho
Delph
Silva
Kev
Raheem
Sergio
Kelechi

Joe's kicking isn't as bad as people think, his distribution will improve drastically once the players are told to make themselves available for a pass from the back. The truth is we rarely have an option and hitting it out into touch is often preferable to simply giving it back to them in open play.

As for who stays. I don't see a huge squad overhaul like others, they'll be 1-2 surplus to requirements and 1-2 that are replaced due to age. 3-5 first teamers out maximum. We have a great squad, it's just not being used correctly at present.

Surprised to see people thinking that Pep will keep Otamendi. He's capable of making five terrific tackles in a game, then coming up with an absolute howler that a pub player would be ashamed of. And he's got one of those in him every game, apparently. I don't think it can be coached out of him, and I don't see Pep putting up with it.

Mods. The website was playing up when I created this thread, and it didn't show on my screen. Could you just delete the second replicant thread (yes, it's a replicant…)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.