The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

Joe's kicking isn't as bad as people think, his distribution will improve drastically once the players are told to make themselves available for a pass from the back. The truth is we rarely have an option and hitting it out into touch is often preferable to simply giving it back to them in open play.

As for who stays. I don't see a huge squad overhaul like others, they'll be 1-2 surplus to requirements and 1-2 that are replaced due to age. 3-5 first teamers out maximum. We have a great squad, it's just not being used correctly at present.
Just a theory..I noticed yesterday the amount of times Schmiecal (spelling) actually kicked it out of play from his hands and then Leicester won the second ball from our thrown in (Vardy had a great chance in the second half which Hart saved). Almost rugby tickets that move....

I can see Nasri staying. I reckon Pep will feel he can do a fair bit with him.

Others to stay:
Hart
Kompany
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Aguero
Navas
Kelechi
Silva
Sterling
Nasri

Edit: shite, I forgot about De Bruyne and Denayer.

Last edited:
posters talking about us selling hart ??. wed stupid to do that, he's been one of if not the best keeper in the league this year, saving us so many times. his distribution, which people have become obsessed with has been good this year. If a pass isn't on he has to kick it down field, aguero, silva, sterling rarely win headers..

Hart
Otamendi
Delph
Ferna
De bruyne
Sterling
Kelechi
Sergio
zaba

will be the ones that stay, promote denayer, angelino, barker.

Last edited:
I don't think there will be such a radical transition, unless he's willing to have a really shit season first time around (unlikely).

This squad is more than capable of playing in a different style, they just need drilling in it, better preparation is the key to improving, not throwing the whole squad on the scrap heap. We've youngsters who will get brought in, and we'll probably add 4 or 5 younger players. Watching it will be interesting, and I think our squad will have a short summer break, especially so for those going to the euro's.

Hart
Willy
Sagna
Clichy
Kompany
Otamendi
Mangala
Delph
Fernandinho
Sterling
De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero
Iheanacho

Being realistic here, none of the home grown players are going anywhere due to the fact we'd need to replace them.

So that's Kolarov gone, one of the RBs, Fernando, Toure, Nasri (almost had him staying but one of him and Silva will possibly go imo), Navas, Bony. The only reason I have Willy staying is there's so much work that needs doing in the summer a new backup GK (who would ideally be home grown) is probably a low priority.

Hart, Otamendi, Managala, Sterling, KdB amd Kun and hopefully Merlin and Vinny.

The rest need to seriously up their games and think about whether they want to be part of our future and the above names can not rest on any laurals either.

Ihanacho is going nowhere either of course.

People leaving zaba out. If there is enough sentiment left to make sure Brian Kidd retains a role, there is certainly enough to make sure zaba plays a part. As 'soft' as it may seem, I hope, as long as he wants, zaba stays with us for the remainder of his career. Few players have given as much as he has for us, consistently. Faded the last season or 2, but the level of performance he has sustained over the last 5/6 years has still been pretty amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.