The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

Maybe Pep will do for us what Ranieri has done for Leicester. A team that narrowly avoided relegation that are now favourites for the title. All done through sheer good management and the right attitude.
All the players we bought were also courted by at least one other club and you don't become shit overnight.
I believe that the only ones that'll leave this summer are the ones who are too old and the ones that are self centered with a bad attitude.

Hart , Zabaleta (back up) , Kompany , Otamendi , Clichy , Fernandinho , Silva , Sterling , KDB , Navas, Aguero , Iheancho

Firstly can you stop with the "fucking idiot" stuff please ?

Secondly Silva doesn't do enough defensively, nowhere near enough, nobody wants him diving into tackles in our own penalty area, but he could do more to get in the way up the pitch, make it harder for opponents to pass the ball forward, just become a nuisance in their midfield areas. Its not just Silva though, in fact all of our attacking players need to do more of this, we should be defending as a team, and attacking as a team. On Saturday we certainly didn't defend as a team, not like Leicester did, and yet Leicester still had far more chances than we did, despite defending from the front, and nearly every time they attacked us, we only had 4 or 5 players defending, whilst when we attacked they always had 8 or 9 defending. That's not all down to the manager, its also down to players not working hard enough, and the manager whilst ultimately carrying the can, can only do so much, if some players think that defending is beneath them.
No, I fucking won't. You know what you can do, you have the button.
If somebody is going to post shite after being here for two minutes I'll call them a fucking idiot - just like I would if they were stood in front of me,
The rest of your post is pointless as you're indicating Silva thinks defending is beneath him which it isn't and hasn't been in all the time he's been with us.

There will be quite major changes. Pep will be building for the three years and let's be honest some of our squad should have gone a couple of seasons ago and we do need to replenish certain areas of the squad. I would have thought Aguero, Nacho, Sterling, Delph, De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Kompany, Hart will remain part of his plans.

Denayer and Mangala potentially as well.

Many of our players have potential to excel under Pep if they learn his methods and style. Otamendi could be excellent but he seems to think he's the only defender on the pitch and charges out as quick as he can and dives into tackles. He's much better defending on the front foot because on the back foot he is too slow to get close so has to back off and back off. The trouble is, if he's the only defender playing on the front foot we're woefully exposed and that's been the story. Tactically it's been the story right through our side since last season and Pellegrini still doesn't seem to drill this into the squad.

There will be plenty of younger players promoted I think. Barker is an obvious fans favourite at youth level and I hope Pep gives him opportunities. He fits the bill in terms of confidence to take players on and also shooting ability. We'll then be bolstered by big money signings. We need more width still - natural width in the mould of Navas but more of a goal threat. Power and pace in midfield and the same at full back. I'd expect a new left back, right back, central midfielder, defensive midfielder and winger and the rest made up of academy players.

It's exciting that we're still (just) fighting on all fronts this season but with a big summer ahead. I just hope we tie up deals pre-Euros where prices will inflate.

I honestly think the comparison with Ranieri and Leicester is very limited. Leicester doesn't have brilliant footballers. But what we saw, very clearly, on Saturday, is that Ranieri has them playing as a team, a bloc that moves and thinks as one (and working their balls off, while we're about it). We were not a team, we were a congeries of eleven footballers, all of whom are good players, two or three of whom are world class, without any reasonable doubt. That's why we were taken to the cleaners. That said, we have finished third, first, second, first, second over the last four seasons. Not the same resources, not the same expectations as Leicester. Only normal.

Delph
Dinho
Silva
Aguero
KDB
Ihenacho
Clichy
Otamendi
Sagna
Zabba
Hart
Sterling
Kompany
Denayer

The rest can go
In:

Pogba
Piquet
Lewandoski or Neymar
Alabar

Firstly can you stop with the "fucking idiot" stuff please ?

Secondly Silva doesn't do enough defensively, nowhere near enough, nobody wants him diving into tackles in our own penalty area, but he could do more to get in the way up the pitch, make it harder for opponents to pass the ball forward, just become a nuisance in their midfield areas. Its not just Silva though, in fact all of our attacking players need to do more of this, we should be defending as a team, and attacking as a team. On Saturday we certainly didn't defend as a team, not like Leicester did, and yet Leicester still had far more chances than we did, despite defending from the front, and nearly every time they attacked us, we only had 4 or 5 players defending, whilst when we attacked they always had 8 or 9 defending. That's not all down to the manager, its also down to players not working hard enough, and the manager whilst ultimately carrying the can, can only do so much, if some players think that defending is beneath them.

Spot on Cleavers. Whether because of injury or because he genuinely doesn't have the heart, Silva has been defensively weak for along time and has gotten away with it whilst the forum boo-boys paint Toure as the devil incarnate. The number of times David has left full backs exposed, let midfield runners jog away from him, stood with his hands on his hips because he hasn't gotten a call,these are things that Pep will not put up with - and I agree it isn't exclusive to Silva. ALL our attacking players with the exception of Sterling and Navas struggle to do the defensive side of their jobs with any diligence or any real commitment over 90 minutes. Maybe Pellegrini allows them that kind of freedom and expects his defenders to deal with one on ones - but Pep won't have it.

Amongst other things Pep has to make Aguero pass to others in a crisper more effective way, get Sterling to have a decent first touch, get our fullbacks getting in low crosses quickly again (like they used to) and get someone in the box. These things are killing our attack which then make us stagnant and vulnerable to the counter attack.

That would be de Bruyne.

No offence but your off your head if you think De Bruyne is our best passer of the ball or the most comfortable in possession. The most likely to create something out of nothing, or play a worldy into our forwards perhaps but he's pretty poor at keeping hold of the ball to be honest.

76% passing accuracy for the season. Silva and Sterling both on 86%.

I like De Bruyne, but wish he'd stop giving the ball away so easily some times.

For the record, my opinion is this:

Safe:
Hart
De Bruyne
Aguero
Iheanacho

Very likely to be safe:
Silva
Sterling

More likely to be safe, but players who could make way and be a huge statement from Pep:
Kompany
Fernandinho

Could go either way:
Mangala
Otamendi
Sagna
Zabaleta
Navas
Delph

At high risk:
Demichelis
Fernando
Nasri
Yaya
Bony
Caballero

That's only my prediction. Many of us taking about Nasri being moulded into another position, I just can't see Guardiola tolerating his work rate or prima dona attitude myself.

I honestly think the comparison with Ranieri and Leicester is very limited. Leicester doesn't have brilliant footballers. But what we saw, very clearly, on Saturday, is that Ranieri has them playing as a team, a bloc that moves and thinks as one (and working their balls off, while we're about it). We were not a team, we were a congeries of eleven footballers, all of whom are good players, two or three of whom are world class, without any reasonable doubt. That's why we were taken to the cleaners. That said, we have finished third, first, second, first, second over the last four seasons. Not the same resources, not the same expectations as Leicester. Only normal.
You have just dismissed my point then went on to support it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.