The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

Some of these people are mental, there are even folks saying he'll keep Delph and let Silva go, like he's going to let go of someone that can pick a pass and is comfortable with the ball and keep someone is a mid table speed merchant.

Who do you support?

i mentioned this in another thread, but as far as senior players go the only ones that are safe in my opinion are

aguero
silva
sterling
kdb
fernandinho
hart
otamendi
kelechi

kompany only if he can prove his health, otherwise he is no good to us, which is sad to say, hes injured for months at a time and has barely played this year

everyone else has to fear of being sold in the coming years

Some of these people are mental, there are even folks saying he'll keep Delph and let Silva go, like he's going to let go of someone that can pick a pass and is comfortable with the ball and keep someone is a mid table speed merchant.
I will keep Silva personally, if it was up to me. But someone saying they think Pep will keep Delph and dump Silva, while an opinion, will be no different from Pep dumping Ronaldihno and keeping Keita.

This doesn't suggest Keita was better than Ronaldihno or Delph - Silva. Rather it suggested who Pep wasnt willing to build his team around (i.e Ronaldino as he chose Messi) and who he believed would serve a complimentary purpose to that (i.e. Keita ).

If he keeps Delph and moves Silva on, similarly it would be because he has chosen not to build his team around Silva, and if he keeps Delph, it will be because he sees a complimentary role Delph can fill.

Silva and Delph are not in the same class of players, everyone gets that.

From what I've seen though, Delph would be lucky to make the grade. Silva will. The only issue is whether Pep deems Silva necessary to his 3 year plan or not. This consideration will not be affected by whether Delph is kept or not.

From what I've seen though, Delph would be lucky to make the grade. Silva will. The only issue is whether Pep deems Silva necessary to his 3 year plan or not. This consideration will not be affected by whether Delph is kept or not.
Delph will stay because of his english status in the squad, and there are few better with that status that we could bring in to fill the quota.
Silva will be kept because he's world class when fit, and Pep is not an idiot supporter, he's a world class manager.
There really shouldn't be this discussion going on, its idiotic.

Delph will stay because of his english status in the squad, and there are few better with that status that we could bring in to fill the quota.
Silva will be kept because he's world class when fit, and Pep is not an idiot supporter, he's a world class manager.
I agree its a silly discussion. Was just pointing out that even if it happens, it wouldn't suggest Delph was superior to Silva. I guess that goes without saying :)

On a straight arithmetical reasoning, any player classified as home grown or club trained will be safe unless any of them can be replaced by players of the same source. This would be difficult to achieve because of the dearth of home produced qualifiers and the outrageous price tags slapped on the best of them. The only possible departure might be Richard Wright, and hopefully his, and other players places, will come from the U21s. This reduced squad of ours is killing our chances of silverware. If it's not injuries that does it then it's overwork instead.

This is right. I left Delph out of my original list without sufficiently taking into consideration the simple fact that he's English. But we also shouldn't underestimate the extent to which he'll bring through home grown players from the EDS during his time here. Obviously he's not going to just sling in Barker and company right from the off, but given his past reputation, I think many of us are hoping that he will really develop the younger players.
Re. Silva. Silva is that intelligent a footballer, he can adapt his style to Pep or anyone else. When new players arrive here, who is the player that they rave about once they've had a few training sessions with him? Over and over again. Pep won't have to build his team around Silva — Silva will fit into whatever role he's given. He's that good. I would be more than astonished if Pep wanted to move him on, and I'll tell you what: every major club in Europe would be queuing up for him, ankle injury or no ankle injury.
What would astonish me less: that we haven't seen the very best out of Silva, and that we will see it in the next three years.

I think Nasri is probably the one that will most surprise people about staying. He's probably our best ball retention player alongside Yaya, Pep loves his midfielders who can keep the ball and also play it and move with the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.