The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

I think Nasri is probably the one that will most surprise people about staying. He's probably our best ball retention player alongside Yaya, Pep loves his midfielders who can keep the ball and also play it and move with the ball.
He's also very slow and takes about 100 touches to stabilize the ball. Pep likes quick thinkers and players who are quick on thier feet, not players that dribble for the sake of it.

The only ones leaving will be Demichelis, Kolarov, Yaya & Bony IMO. Maybe one of Nasri or Navas if they don't react to his changes.

We have to remember because of the wages we pay it's not easy to offload; IMO selling players will be 90% of Txiki's job this summer. There is hope though with the huge sums being spent in China.
It's going to be a hell of an interesting summer if we are able to offload. If all went his way I think Pep would want to get rid of 2 out of 4 of the aging fullbacks, One of fernandinho/fernando, Yaya, Navas, Bony, Demichelis. The question I like to ask is "would they get into the Real/Barca/Bayern 25 man squad?".. If the answer is no then I can't see how we're gonna catch up with them in ours.

The only ones leaving will be Demichelis, Kolarov, Yaya & Bony IMO. Maybe one of Nasri or Navas if they don't react to his changes.

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings apart from Kolarov.

A few will come in to replace. Don't see a future for Navas

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings apart from Kolarov.

A few will come in to replace. Don't see a future for Navas

I don't see what Kolarov adds to the team under Pep.

His defending is shit, and often contributes to whichever CB is playing next to him getting completely shafted.

His attacking contribution consists of smashing the ball into the first defender or occasionally smashing the ball past the near post. Sometimes he mixes it up and smashes it over the bar from 35 yards as well, but "smashing it" is always involved.

He can't hit a 5 yard pass with his right foot, so there's no chance he can play infield like Pep plays his fullbacks at Bayern and physically he's not fast enough to get up and down the pitch.

He had a bit of a hissy fit with people in Colin Bell giving him stick as well last year didn't he?

I think he's one of the most replaceable players in the squad.

It will be a compromise between how much they want to rejuvenate the squad and how much they want to bring in superstars.

We have to remember because of the wages we pay it's not easy to offload; IMO selling players will be 90% of Txiki's job this summer. There is hope though with the huge sums being spent in China.
It's going to be a hell of an interesting summer if we are able to offload. If all went his way I think Pep would want to get rid of 2 out of 4 of the aging fullbacks, One of fernandinho/fernando, Yaya, Navas, Bony, Demichelis. The question I like to ask is "would they get into the Real/Barca/Bayern 25 man squad?".. If the answer is no then I can't see how we're gonna catch up with them in ours.
I would argue that we are not Bayern or Real or Barca, we can't decide to get rid just because they wouldn't get in some of the best squads in the world, Hart would probably be No.2 behind Neuer and Zab behind Lahm also would some of their players get in our team? (obviously a lot would but not all starters for them would). It will come down whether Pep feels they can adjust to his style and will give 100%, if they don't they'll be out. I don't think its as simple as "Kolarov will go because he can't play that style" if he shows 100% i'm sure Pep will find a place for him just as if Silva didn't put in the effort and was reluctant to change he'd be gone.

I would argue that we are not Bayern or Real or Barca, we can't decide to get rid just because they wouldn't get in some of the best squads in the world, Hart would probably be No.2 behind Neuer and Zab behind Lahm also would some of their players get in our team? (obviously a lot would but not all starters for them would). It will come down whether Pep feels they can adjust to his style and will give 100%, if they don't they'll be out. I don't think its as simple as "Kolarov will go because he can't play that style" if he shows 100% i'm sure Pep will find a place for him just as if Silva didn't put in the effort and was reluctant to change he'd be gone.

The fact that Kolorov is pure shite might be sufficient to persuade Pep to get rid - I for one hope so !

The fact that Kolorov is pure shite might be sufficient to persuade Pep to get rid - I for one hope so !
arguably though, i'm sure a lot of Bayern fans thought the same thing when Pep went there, a lot of players there at the time weren't really at that standard but they worked their bollocks off and he gave the a season at least to prove their worth. Shaqiri at Stoke, Kirchoff at Sunderland, Contento at Bourdeuax, Schweinsteiger at Utd, Mandzukic at Juve etc. all of these probably weren't at Bayern's level at the time but were still given time.

I'm sure Guardiola will already have a good idea of who he wants in and out, I just don't think you can write anyone off because of what we (the fans) see, Pep will see them everyday and know who has the fight in them and who doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.