The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

Yaya's agent (who's an idiot) has already sold him to China by the sounds of it. I think Bony will really struggle but may stay because he loves money. Demichelis seems to want to go back to Argentina which would be fine with most of us I think! I can see Pep bringing in replacements and molding the rest into his vision. Will be really interesting to see what he'll do!

For some reason I think some will be given a year to prove there worth to Pep. Players like Mangala and Otamendi will be held onto and given a chance to show Pep what they can do. Midfield Nasri will stay and Fernando.

Picks to stay.
Hart
Kompany
Otamendi
Clichy
Sagna
KDB
Sterling
Fernando
Fernandhino
Nasri
Silva
Kun
Nacho.

MAYBES
Yaya ( depends on if he wants to stay and fight or his agent wants 1 more big move. I hope he stays and in a bit part but think Pep might want someone in to replace him straight away. )
Zaba ( love the lad to stay hes City and his injuries this season has been a concern maybe Pep will get rid within a season or 2 sadly )
Bony ( not worked out for him and with Nacho now looking every part of our squad I dont think there will be much need of having Bony about )
Navas ( I like him if his final ball was better he be a starter all the time. Just think we might freshen up the wingers under Pep and maybe a younger squad player could take that role. )
Willy ( If a bid for him comes in I think we be tempted will Willy want to stay knowing under Pep that Harts his number 1 we might turn to Lawlor or Gunn as understudy )

Gone
MDM ( Showing his age and time to move on from the club )
Kolarov ( Tricky this as he offers a lot going forward but just might need better than him as a starter )
Delph ( Just dont see were he fits into the Pep style but I would rather see him stay just think midfield box to box players will be our main target this summer)

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Otamendi
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Delph
Navas
De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Aguero
Kelechi

Hart doesn't have the best distribution but I'm sure Pep realises that great keeping skills, homegrown status and the fact that he's a club legend are much more important than distribution,(and also the fact that if we get rid of him, the one of our rivals will have him) so he will stay.
I got Zaba and Clichy to stay because buying new players always comes with risks and I don't think you can overhaul two positions completely
because if the signings don't work out then we're screwed. So either Zaba or Sagna stays and Clichy stays because he's better than Kolarov and he's homegrown, although
Mangala will be on last chance saloon, let's face it not many of our CBs have been any good under Manuel so I'll be willing to give him a chance under Pep.

Hart's distribution will improve dramatically under a better coach and with better coached players to distribute it to. He won't be going anywhere.

Hard work and technical ability are the key and the players that leave will be the ones who lack this.

Watching that performance — or whatever you want to call it — yesterday got me to thinking who, in my opinion, will definitely survive of this squad, once Pep is in. Now I'm not saying the clear-out will be all at one fell swoop, this summer. But I believe that these players, and these only, are fairly certain of still being at this club and in the squad about fourteen months from now:

Hart
Fernandinho
Silva
Aguero
Iheanacho
Sterling
De Bruyne

Kompany (?)

I put a question mark after Vinny's name because everything depends on him proving that he can get — and stay — fit. Otherwise, I don't see Pep having any patience with him. I honestly think everybody else could be cleared out, or put out to grass. I think players like Clichy, Zab and Sagna have done a fine job, as far as they go (and I love Zab as a guy, does it need saying) but I don't think will feel that players of that age will be mouldable to his style.
What's your survivor list?

Fernandinho... No chance. Not composed enough

There'll be more than people think. Very unrealistic to think we'll bin half the squad off. My opinion:

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Otamendi
Mangala (Not sure on him either)
Clichy/Kolarov (Undecided)
Fernandinho
Delph
De Bruyne
Silva
Nasri
Sterling
Aguero
Kelechi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.