The performance last night...

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
They were never going to score.

If that's the way you saw things, then there isn't really much else you can contribute to the thread as you disagree with the very fundamental points of the thread.

In terms of looking at a match objectively, I'd say that with just a touch more composure from Wigan on the break, they most certainly could and would have scored...

Can't think of one genuine chance they had, sure they skied quite a few from decent positions, but I don't think there was many of those (if any) I would call genuine chances

Anyway, if all I can contribute to the thread is disagree with the basic points you've made then I guess there is a good reason to stay.

hgblue said:
There's a lot of talk on here about tactics/managers/substitutions etc, and probably quite rightly so (discussion board and all that). The fact that the tactics change, the manager changes and we still end up playing the same way, strongly suggests to me that the players are the problem. Some of them simply aren't good enough, but I'm sure Mancini already knows this and has to work with what he's got. Bearing this in mind, the mans doing a decent job (apart from his handling of Robinho), and deserves the opportunity to bring in his own players in the summer (Mourinho apart). In the meantime, I'd suggest Mancini takes a leaf from the film Jimmy Grimble. To paraphrase 'Give it to Carlos, give it to Carlos'. Bellamy passes to adebayor who misses. 'Should have give it to bloody Carlos'.

There were three players on the park last night we aren't good enough, in my opinion: Toure, Zableta and Viera.

Zableta puts effort in and is worth retaining as a "utility" player but at right back he's too slow and he dives in too much.

The other two aren't up to it in my opinion.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
If that's the way you saw things, then there isn't really much else you can contribute to the thread as you disagree with the very fundamental points of the thread.

In terms of looking at a match objectively, I'd say that with just a touch more composure from Wigan on the break, they most certainly could and would have scored...

Can't think of one genuine chance they had, sure they skied quite a few from decent positions, but I don't think there was many of those (if any) I would call genuine chances

Anyway, if all I can contribute to the thread is disagree with the basic points you've made then I guess there is a good reason to stay.

It's all about opinions Moomba, so of course, I didn't mean to suggest you shouldn't post in the thread if you want to. Apologies if it came across like that, as on reflection it probably could have done...

What gets me when everyone starts having a pop at the manager is what exactly were his options?

Subs. Ned, Sylvia, Micah, Barry, RSC, Bellamy

Ned, Sylvia, Micah - defensive options.

Barry - was being rested, there if needed, wasn't.

RSC - injury prone and Ade was back.

Bellamy - can't start every game, needed more for Saturday, came on and did well.

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:
There's a lot of talk on here about tactics/managers/substitutions etc, and probably quite rightly so (discussion board and all that). The fact that the tactics change, the manager changes and we still end up playing the same way, strongly suggests to me that the players are the problem. Some of them simply aren't good enough, but I'm sure Mancini already knows this and has to work with what he's got. Bearing this in mind, the mans doing a decent job (apart from his handling of Robinho), and deserves the opportunity to bring in his own players in the summer (Mourinho apart). In the meantime, I'd suggest Mancini takes a leaf from the film Jimmy Grimble. To paraphrase 'Give it to Carlos, give it to Carlos'. Bellamy passes to adebayor who misses. 'Should have give it to bloody Carlos'.

There were three players on the park last night we aren't good enough, in my opinion: Toure, Zableta and Viera.

Zableta puts effort in and is worth retaining as a "utility" player but at right back he's too slow and he dives in too much.

I'll throw the names Garrido, De Jong (if we're playing 4-4-2) and SWP (on current form) into the mix.

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'll throw the names Garrido, De Jong (if we're playing 4-4-2) and SWP (on current form) into the mix.

I'll second those additional three. Harsh on SWP I suppose as he IS good enough....just not at the moment, and De Jong has a role to play but NEVER (please God never) in a midfield pair.

m27 said:
hgblue said:

I'll second those additional three. Harsh on SWP I suppose as he IS good enough....just not at the moment, and De Jong has a role to play but NEVER (please God never) in a midfield pair.

Garrido I agree with but the other two are good enough if used properly and playing well.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:
What gets me when everyone starts having a pop at the manager is what exactly were his options?

Richards for Zab at right back
Onuoha for Toure at centre half
Barry for Viera in central midfield.

Didsbury Dave said:
m27 said:

Garrido I agree with but the other two are good enough if used properly and playing well.

I feel sorry for De Jong in particular. He isn't really anything other than a water carrier. He should be asked to sit in front of the back 4 and sweep up, and he shouldn't venture further forward because he adds very little to the team when he does that, but he does leave big gaps without having the pace to get back and cover...

Having said that, first half Viera and De Jong didn't make more than a couple of tackles between them. It's scary to think two players playing in such a crucial position, could be so easily bypassed by players like Scharner et al...

Didsbury Dave said:
m27 said:

Garrido I agree with but the other two are good enough if used properly and playing well.

-- Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm --

Rammy Blue said:

Richards for Zab at right back
Onuoha for Toure at centre half
Barry for Viera in central midfield.

Richards for Zab and Onouha for Toure is not a glaringly obvious improvment though Dave. In fact, it has an air of re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic to be honest.

I'd have Zab over Richards just so I don't have to go through the torture of watching Micah on the ball. Neither is ideal and Ned has not covered himself in glory when played this season, and that's coming from a fan of his.

Barry is better than Vieira I agree but Barry will have benefitted from the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.