The PL table as it stands...

looks good right now and it may well be that we are higher than that next weekend!

id happily take 4th spot

the press would look at it as failure but we know the reality....small steps at a time is the way forward

the champs league is a huge step up from the europa league and would require a squad even stronger than the one we have now...there is no way you can go into the chapms league and field 2nd rate players....your whole squad has to be top draw to stand any chance

I would take it but as another poster said, I wonder what if come end of season. I look at utd and in all honesty do not believe they have the strength in squad as we do. You can see it when they play the more physical teams, they are now picking points off them. Utds era of dominance is over and i honestly believe they dont have it in them to make any higher than 3rd. They used to come good end of season because they had such a squad that could do that with injuries. Now they rely on giggs and scholes who i dont think will be able to cope with all the games they are needed for. And as we can see that defence is extremely average. There is no doubt rooney will come good again but will berbertov sustain this start? I dont think so, a couple of bad games and his head will be down and I dont think they have the motivators in the team at the mo to pull them over the finishing line. I think they will be 4th With us 3rd just pipped by arsenal and chelsea winning it but not by much.

well thats just what i think

The best is yet to come. We havent reached anywhere near our potential as a unit!

We're still not real title contenders, in fact I dont really think we're really trying to be, hence Mancini's comments over the weekend.

Mancini's assembled a team with a playing style that's a good bet to pick up 75-80 points this season, not a team that might win the league but could just as easily crash and burn.

I think we're on a par with Liverpool's 2007/08 team that lost only 4 games but drew too many (13) to make a serious challenge for the title. They ended up 11 points behind the title winners but, more importantly, finished a comfortable 11 points ahead of the team in 5th place.

We'd settle for that, establish the foundations this year, add in 2 genuinely world class players next summer and then we'd be the real deal.

I refuse to hope for 4th same as I refused to last year. I will accept 4th at the end of the season if that's as good as we have been but I want the title and will not concede it till it's mathematically impossible to get. Any club with decent players and aspirations should be aiming for the top slot and I'm hoping our management team feel exactly the same. If we fall short then so be it but I won't accept that at this early stage and neither should anyone else.

simon23 said:
id happily take 4th spot

the press would look at it as failure but we know the reality....small steps at a time is the way forward

the champs league is a huge step up from the europa league and would require a squad even stronger than the one we have now...there is no way you can go into the chapms league and field 2nd rate players....your whole squad has to be top draw to stand any chance

It wasnt that long ago that the press were accusing us of trying to rush things. When we tried to sign kaka we were accused of "trying to put the roof on the house before laying the foundations". Funny how quickly things change

It's funny but we play each of the top three in your table at home before we play the first away match against them; Arsenal away in January, Tossers Feb and Chelsea, March. The Gunners may be the first true test if we assume we'll sweep away the rest in the meantime.
Would I take 4th now? With Arsenal losing at home to WBA and the Tossers struggling at Bolton this might be a funny season. I just might think we could make it to the top. The squad is up for it. Here's hoping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.