The Positives Thread 2019/20

The only positive I can see at the moment is the chance of being at The Academy tomorrow to see our lasses give the Dippers some cold steel. I don't know whether the Dipper Tarts are turning up in an open topped omnibus but a positive for them is that I'm not gonna brick it!
My good lady and I are there tomorrow. To cheer me up after today’s shambles I hope our ladies give them a good thrashing. Will they bring any of their vermin fans along with them, God I hope not or else I will need my earplugs.

December and xmas/New year will be the key period and if they get through it still with a huge gap then fair play to them, they deserve it but until its mathematically certain we cant win it i will always have hope because we have proven before a points gap means nothing to us.

“You’re not considered a great team until you win back to back PL titles”

CITY......”We did that, and received zero acknowledgement”

December and xmas/New year will be the key period and if they get through it still with a huge gap then fair play to them, they deserve it but until its mathematically certain we cant win it i will always have hope because we have proven before a points gap means nothing to us.
Oi — I started this thread to share positivity, not insanity. ;-)

Oh I will always continue to hope. Any halfway decent blue would. And I'll still be 100% behind them, starting at Turf Moor on Tuesday. But any rational football fan would be starting to feel that it's getting beyond us. I didn't think that till today, quite frankly, because I fully expected us to win 2-0 or 3-1 against a team that just lost to Villa. And man for man, you would say that there's no possible comparison between us and Newcastle. But we're not playing well, either in attack or defence, and I see no reason why it will change. Laporte back will be far too late. And anyway, he's not bionic.

Lovely optimism, but I fear we are too far behind now to claw it back. As long as we can remain in Top 4 and have good cup runs, we will just have to make do with a domestic trophy if we can.

“You’re not considered a great team until you win back to back PL titles”

CITY......”We did that, and received zero acknowledgement”

This is pretty much true. It was certainly incredibly muted. But we also did something that has never been done before in the history of either the PL or what preceded it!! The media should have been jizzing themselves over us, as they will over the dippers. Ah well, these are great times, which I never expected to see as a City fan. We'll just have to jizz over ourselves (which isn't very easy at present, in fact the current standard of our football is leaving me decidedly limp).

We can’t win the league every year. We have a fantastic Side and great manager and will be back next season and every other one.

Lots of our fans have become spoilt and just expect us to win all the time - football doesn’t work like that

Start enjoying what we have because it isn’t going to get much better then we’ve had it the last few years

My good lady and I are there tomorrow. To cheer me up after today’s shambles I hope our ladies give them a good thrashing. Will they bring any of their vermin fans along with them, God I hope not or else I will need my earplugs.

I am penning a chant for tomorrow. I am the music teacher's challenge so the notes will be a problem but the lyrics? Back t' Bootle yer filthy red vermin'! Feel free to join in. I shall stand up in E2 if those bastards score first and give everyone a rendition! We need to segregate them, too. Decent folk shouldn't have to mingle with them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.