The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

Sanchez is a seriously scary striker who would have added menace to our attack - would be especially noticeable against the Bayerns, Madrids and Barcas et al. Yes, we can score goals, but Sanchez adds that killer touch. He plays at a constant high level (scores and creates) - a level Raheem and Leroy, at this stage of their fledgling careers, only reach occasionally. However, he's 29 in December, and will be 30 before he can play in a Ch League final. Arse are denying him his optimum years at the top. Wenger can't stand us (we wrecked the cosy little boring top four private club of years gone by). I would not be surprised if the Lemar thing is a smokescreen to retain Sanchez against his will, but to make it look plausible. Why didn't they sort the Lemar thing out weeks ago ? Wenger is sticking two fingers up at us. When Sanchez leaves, I reckon PSG will be in with a colossal salary offer and he'll join Neymar and co.

I get all of that.

As for PSG, no.

They've already spent 168mill Euros on Mbappe.

They don't need another attacker.

I genuinely believe both Sané and Sterling have got it in them to get 20 goals a season. Sané wouldn't be far off if he was played all season, Sterling gets so many opportunities because of his positioning that if he just backs himself to score he'll get goals, hopefully if Pep & co. can just back him now to be the goalscorer we thought we were getting then he will make that step up.

One less forward means opportunities for Brahim and Foden too.

Personally and I know this will be contentious. I would have got Sanchez in now whatever the cost and that includes player exchange even if for one season only although I suppose it takes a lot of agreement from all sides.

Hopefully it will still come off but going into the season with 2 strikers, one of whom is still learning his trade is risky.

I really think it makes sense to get Sanchez next summer as a replacement for Sergio. This season Sergio will break the club record and leave city as a hero in the summer. We will have a huge transfer kitty moving forward. Arsenal are screwed meaning we have one less rival for the top four. Liverpool have still got a dodgy defence and despite all the positive spin Chelsea and Spurs have not done well in the market. Our main rival remains the rags. Bring it on.

Personally and I know this will be contentious. I would have got Sanchez in now whatever the cost and that includes player exchange even if for one season only although I suppose it takes a lot of agreement from all sides.

Hopefully it will still come off but going into the season with 2 strikers, one of whom is still learning his trade is risky.
Arsenal would let him go nowt we could do about it

It has been a mixed bag this transfer window.

We have bought some quality players into the club but still feel a bit light in certain positions and the biggest losers seem the kids coming through.

Sancho leaving today, Pep not having faith in Tosin as 4th choice centre half and that were heading into the season light at fullback, but Maffeo is out on loan as is Garcia suggests the gap between the youth players and the first team is as wide as ever.

Sanchez is a world class player and arguably one of the top three players in the Premiership and would have been a wonderful addition to the squad.

The flip side of course is we have managed to remove a number of players and the acquisition of two excellent fullbacks, a position we have been weak in for a while.

Don't see us going back for Sanchez. He's at an age where you'd want him from this season, not in a year's time. We've tried several times, but Sanchez will never be a City player it seems. I reckon our targets will have shifted by next summer. New players will come onto our radar, that aren't about to turn 30.

The state of the squad meant it could not all be rectified in one window, so we've done well to an extent.

However, PSG have shifted gear, and I suspect we're going to have to be more creative in finding ways to exploit the market next summer.

Aguero , Jesus , sane , sterling , silva , de bruyne, bernado

By far the best array of attacking players in the league

7 players for a maximum of 5 positions

Plus 2 of the most promising teenagers in Diaz and Foden

we don't have the squad to win the CL However , but we will next season

So next summer, Messi or Sanchez on a free ? Or both ;-) Use our money on a centre back and centre mid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.