The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

Yep. I hopeful that by next summer we won't be interested because Sterling and Sane will be delivering goals and Diaz will have emerged as a squad player. We'll be looking at signing a young striker as Aguero's successor rather than a multi-purpose forward who is pushing 30

I agree. Im not gonna pretend I wouldn't have liked him here as I've been an admirer since I saw him in that world cup just before he left udinese. That said, he is getting a bit older now and I honestly think we need to use this as an opportunity to bring out the best in the guys we have (who could have been hindered if we got sanchez).

Meanwhile Arsenal have really buggered things up for themselves as I think as they have a hell of a task on their hands improving next season having lost their two best players for free.

Get Sanchez signed in January
If we're in champs league and near top of league it may be the boost we need

Worst thing is arsenals fans now know he wants to be at city

Wonderful thread. Was going to make a similar thread with a simple OP that 'we had a fucking great transfer window anyway, cheers'.

We didn't get Sanchez, which is a shame, but things could have gone much worse. Evans in our system would have been an upgrade on Mangala, but hey, there you go. It's not exactly a gamechanger.

Benjamin Mendy - LB
Bernado Silva - CM, ACM
Kyle Walker - RB
Danilo - LB, RB (DM?)
Ederson - GK

The only missing piece there is CB, but I guess we're putting more faith in Mangala who did well in his Valencia loan (2goals 3 assists and dominant at CB except for that one goal conceding mistake).

I put this in Tosin's thread, but Mangala is a guy who's obviously not good enough at defending, makes us look a man down in possession and fucked Pep over by not leaving and allowing the Evans deal (and whatever your opinion on Evans, Pep wanted him).

Tosin is supposedly a highly rated future first team player who the club had to fight tooth and nail to sign a new contract.

If Tosin isn't ahead of Mangala in the pecking order by November/December then something's seriously wrong.

One difficult deal and we fluffed it. Doing business at inflated rates to cover areas that should have been dealt with 2 seasons ago doesn't constitute a good window. This windows business was the very least that we needed. The squad is still light in key areas and still no long term replacement for Vinny. We have greatly improved the average age. Yet we will still have to spend at least the same next summer and the one after that.

All the signings we have are a huge improvement on what we had so in that sense its been a great window.......Mendy, Silva Danilo (although a bit of a surprise), Ederson and Walker are all going to improve us.

However.....

Not getting a world class centre half is going to hurt us more probably than missing out on sanchez (esp if Kompany gets injured). Also the left back position is a bit of a worry with no cover there.

We now also only have to real goal scorers in the team (Sergio and GJ)...an injury to either puts a lot of pressure on the other ..Im not convinced that the likes of Sane, Sterling are ready to step up to score enough to cover the long term loss of either of the main two......

We will need a bit of luck with injures this year (every team does to be honest every year) to help us......

Missing out on Sanchez is a loss which ever way you cut it.....I would go back in winter transfer window and try again (but I don't think that will happen).....the reason i would go back is the second half of the season is where the title is won or lost and it would be a huge boost at that point to get him..

Lastly NOT getting JFE gives me hope that we will now look at a top class centre half at some other point (hopefully sooner rather than later!!!!!!)

One difficult deal and we fluffed it. Doing business at inflated rates to cover areas that should have been dealt with 2 seasons ago doesn't constitute a good window. This windows business was the very least that we needed. The squad is still light in key areas and still no long term replacement for Vinny. We have greatly improved the average age. Yet we will still have to spend at least the same next summer and the one after that.

One difficult deal? FFS, you're the kind of poster who would have said Sanchez was a walk in the park if he'd arrived. "Paid £60m for a player in his last year? I could have done that in my sleep #TxikiOut"

The state of the squad meant it could not all be rectified in one window, so we've done well to an extent.

However, PSG have shifted gear, and I suspect we're going to have to be more creative in finding ways to exploit the market next summer.
I read somewhere that Sheikh Mansour is a trillionaire - little is known about his wealth though. Can easily compete with PSG.

Whilst I would have liked Sanchez, I still think that overall it has been a very good window. We've strengthened in most important areas with quality young players and have managed to move on some players that we didn't feel were quite up to it as well as older squad members. A top CB and CM would have been nice but those positions will have to wait for another window.

I think we have an excellent squad with some fantastic individual players but am still not totally convinced that the balance is quite right for us to win the league or CL this season.

this will work out for Foden and Diaz I feel. If injury hits either of the Silva's u can bet your last dollar Foden will be in the fold backed up by Diaz. Amen... time for those lads to shine. Blessing in disguise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.