The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

I'm sorry but I don't know why you're trying to kid yourself into thinking Mangala is a good defender who's just not a ball player. It wasn't his lack of skill on the ball that made his first spell a complete failure here, it was his defending.

Valencia didn't refuse the 15m option on his loan because of his ball playing, it's because of his defending.
Exactly. People seem to just forget his first stint here. Mangala is great 1 on 1 but not so much defending as a team, especially in a high line. He made the wrong decision more often than not.

We added some world class players at key positions, and I think we gained possibly more by whittling the squad down to players of the right quality and mentality.

So he has somehow fucked our club over by not going to a club that didn't even want him and were no doubt just using him to get Sakho. That's a strange way of seeing things.

I could have understood the frustration to some degree if him still being here stopped a far superior player coming in, but it didn't. We could have signed Evans anyway if Guardiola had wanted him that badly. There was still some room in the squad.

He is a decent player who just doesn't really fit into our style of play. If he does get chances, I hope he does well.
How did Palace use Mango to get Sakho??

Was it not that they wanted Mango ahead of Sakho but when Mango said no he's not going they went to their plan b?....

Got rid of too many players.

If Sagna and Nacho were still in the squad we wouldn't be anywhere near as light as we are.

Couple of injuries and we're down to 1 striker and 2 full backs 3 times a week for a couple of months.

The overall quality has gone up but the options are so thin it may just cancel out.

thank god that's over and we did not fall for any last min panic signings

i think we have the best squad in the premier league one of the youngest and a mix of quality up top yes we could have added another to the defence but only as a cover and any signings would have just been that (COVER) so to the signing of sanchez or the none signing i think it could have unsettle the squad if he come somebody would have to miss out and even aguero would have asked questions about his place so aguero now got a full season to rip up all the record books

sometimes you can dodge a bullet and something else pops up and for sanchez if he truly wanted the move he would have gone something is not right about him wanting a move only for him to stay did he get a double wage offer and maybe that was want he was after more money from arsenal maybe we was used as bate and the price was never going to be right for somebody on a 6 months contract and then sign for somebody and move for free in the summer 2018

and i can now walk down the road without being laughed at in knowing manchester city did not sign jonny evans for £30million

How did Palace use Mango to get Sakho??

Was it not that they wanted Mango ahead of Sakho but when Mango said no he's not going they went to their plan b?....

No. They were after Sakho all window. He had played for them before and they wanted him back. When Liverpool started playing hardball on the price, Palace seemingly switched interest to Mangala and low and behold Liverpool lowered their price on Sakho and they went for him.

Agreed.

I forgot about January.

Arsenal will be despetate to sell to try and get some money for him. £30Mill should do it.

Just hope Sanchez and his Agent don't decide to wait in until he becomes a free Agent in May. The temptation to do an Alves on us and cash in on a huge salary is there.

Plus, Pep will only have 18 Months left on his contract at City.
That is true, but I think Peps gonna sign an extension at some point because this is nowhere near a 3 year project.

If Sagna and Nacho were still in the squad we wouldn't be anywhere near as light as we are.

Couple of injuries and we're down to 1 striker and 2 full backs 3 times a week for a couple of months.

The overall quality has gone up but the options are so thin it may just cancel out.

Yeah. Not sure that Sagna/Nacho were the answer or that keeping them would've made a big difference. But overall we've potentially left ourselves a little too light.

But. Like someone else has just said. The fact that we for the first time have a small squad with 99% of the 'deadwood' gone is huge. As Pep keeps saying he's building for the next five/ten years so bringing the average age down whilst losing old players isn't a bad thing.

Will be interesting to see if he continues with the "buying players is nothing to do with me" or whether he'll break from that routine and comment on what happened with Alexis.

After a long day/night last night mostly i'm delighted that we can go back to just talking about football for a few months.

Not really its about time the club got rid of all the deadwood. We haven't even had a title challenge the past three years as the squad had become so stale. Also he seems a top guy but Kelechi wouldn't have played and we got great money.

Ederson/Bravo

Walker/Danillo/Fernandinho
Kompany/Mangala
Otamendi/Stones
Mendy/Danillo/Fernandinho

Fernandinho/Yaya/Gundogan

Then the five forward positions to be filled in by

Gundogan
Sterling
KDB
Silva
Sane
Jesus
Aguero
Brahim
Foden

Without doubt this is the best squad we've ever had

Obvious weakness -

Over reliance on an injury prone Kompany

Questions over whether Fernandinho can do the holding job plus Toure is on his last legs, surprised we didnt keep that douglas luiz as he looks a top player already.

Lack of goals from midfield which why I was gutted we missed out on Sanchez

No settled system

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.