The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

Agreed 100%. Cannot find an excuse for the absence of a plan B on both cases though...

Yes, that's the most surprising bit to me. I know we have Sterling and Sane but I can't help but to think we're really thin for a team trying to compete in Europe as well as domestically. Not saying keeping Iheanacho would have improved us dramatically but the lack of cover up front is a little concerning and it's puzzling why we would have so confidently sold him if we didn't definitively feel someone was coming in.

Very average compared to PSG, who really went for it big time. They got Neymar and Mbappe and we were seriously after JFE.

You're still not getting this.

You rating Mangala is completely irrelevant.

Pep clearly doesn't, he never has and he doesn't want him, so Mangala is done.

No. You haven't gotten what I said. I don't rate Mangala at all. My first post I said he's one of our worst signings, my second post I said I like every other person don't want him to play. I don't rate him at all, and I know pep doesn't rate him either. But I rather him not play Mangala than put Evans on the field.

Mangala vs Evans? Come on. I'd rather have Mangala out there than Evans. He's an atrocious footballer who struggled against us to keep his teammates in position. I don't buy this sudden Evans hype in the media. He was at the time literally the single downfall of west brom against us. I remembered the match clearly because Kompany was commanding the back and it was a sight to see how poor Evans was not only in his zone but also in telling others what to do. I really thought we would have scored 6 or more judging from how the game was going but Morrison ran his legs off all over the field.

Mangala will never cut it with us because he just loses all his calm and pace when with city. He didn't have that stellar season with Valencia but he was actually a better player in Valencia than he was with us, like during his Porto days. He kept Real Madrid at bay in that Valencia win when Real was battering them with all they've got. But because his performance will never be that good with us for reasons I don't know, he is surplus and should have been sold, whether to fund another CB or other players. But never for a player that is worse than Mangala.

No. You haven't gotten what I said. I don't rate Mangala at all. My first post I said he's one of our worst signings, my second post I said I like every other person don't want him to play. I don't rate him at all, and I know pep doesn't rate him either. But I rather him not play Mangala than put Evans on the field.

Mangala vs Evans? Come on. I'd rather have Mangala out there than Evans. He's an atrocious footballer who struggled against us to keep his teammates in position. I don't buy this sudden Evans hype in the media. He was at the time literally the single downfall of west brom against us. I remembered the match clearly because Kompany was commanding the back and it was a sight to see how poor Evans was not only in his zone but also in telling others what to do. I really thought we would have scored 6 or more judging from how the game was going but Morrison ran his legs off all over the field.

Mangala will never cut it with us because he just loses all his calm and pace when with city. He didn't have that stellar season with Valencia but he was actually a better player in Valencia than he was with us, like during his Porto days. He kept Real Madrid at bay in that Valencia win when Real was battering them with all they've got. But because his performance will never be that good with us for reasons I don't know, he is surplus and should have been sold, whether to fund another CB or other players. But never for a player that is worse than Mangala.
Well argued mate.

I was really excited before the season started. We've not quite got all we needed this window. I think it'll be a nail biting season and I truly hope Aguero and Gabby Jesus stay fit.
Thats the problem.you watch opposition players set out to maim our goalscorers,as has been shown already at Bournemouth.
Ive never ever seen centre halfs give rooney the rough treatment (and get away with it) that sergio and jesus have....you just could not lauch a two footed lunge on england and utds golden boy in his hey day.contrast the open season on our strikers..the powers that be should be looking to protect the most talented and skilful players,for that is what makes the 'premiership product ' so appealing...
Unless of course you play for Manchester City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.