The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

I'm delighted with our squad & believe that we have real quality to change things when we have injuries.

I keep hearing the Rags have had their best transfer window & got their targets in early.

Their targets were Griezman. Bale & Ronaldo so they didn't.

They came 6th last year & the only difference is Matic as lindelof looks shit & Stormzy is same as big nose.

Dippers have improved but didn't get their number 1 target neither.

I think there is a lot to be happy about...

We can still get Sanchez in January. We have a good enough strike force to go through the group stages of the CL. A net spend of around 120m which will see us comply with FFP rules. Very very good transfer window.

Assuming Sanchez will definitely move here when his contract up is naive. He will have his pick of every club in world football now he's available on a free and I don't back those in charge of our transfers to convince him we're the right option.

Please read the thread title.

We've had a good window, but I still think we're short. CB, LB and CM will have to be priority next summer, maybe even January. I think we will be back in for Sanchez in January, signing him on a pre contract. Regardless of his age, he will be a bargain. If you add them positions and Sanchez, we've got the best squad in Europe barring Madrid. I'm hoping vinnie doesn't get injured, because I think we will be fucked if does. Also I read that mendy is quite prone to an injury. I think it's about time we stopped making excuses now though, we've spent enough over the years.

Yes, we are short at LB. How are we short on CM and CB ? We have 4 players (Yaya, Fern, Gundogan and Delph) for 1 position in a 4-1-4-1 which I think is the best way to utilize our squad. At CB, we have Vinny, Otamendi, Stones and Mangala as the 4th option. It's upto Pep and the players to perform.

Don't see us going back for Sanchez. He's at an age where you'd want him from this season, not in a year's time. We've tried several times, but Sanchez will never be a City player it seems. I reckon our targets will have shifted by next summer. New players will come onto our radar, that aren't about to turn 30.
So, you think we would pay £60M for a player and give him a 1 year contract? Probably more reasonably, a 3 year deal with a 4th year option, don't you think? If so, why would you not take him for nothing next season and offer the same deal? Save yourself about £50M and have a player who keeps himself in great shape and is a positive pressure player.

Seems like a no brainer IF we are his first choice. Don't forget, PSG would get him for free, too, and have a front line of Neymar, Mbappe and Sanchez! Maybe we get a sneaky bid in for Cavani, who is adrfinitely a different kind of striker to what we have!

I like how the flappers just ignore the premise of the thread and come in for a moan anyway.

Assuming Sanchez will definitely move here when his contract up is naive. He will have his pick of every club in world football now he's available on a free and I don't back those in charge of our transfers to convince him we're the right option.

How many clubs can pay his wages?

Ok, now, how many clubs actually want Sanchez at those wages?

All those clubs you just thought of? He turned them down to come to City.

Moving on...

Gutted. I'm happy with the signings we've made. But i'm not happy about the fact that the club have left Pep with so little debt.

We basically have 3 senior CB's. + useless piece of garbage like Mangala. Selling Kolarov and not getting a replacement could really come back and haunt us.

Up front...we have Jesus, Aguero, Sterling and Sane. 4 amazing options. But assuming we play most games with a front 3. It's clear we don't have much depth.

Pep wanted to finish the window with a squad of 18 players + 2 keepers. Instead he now has 16 + 2. I'm not counting Mangala and Delph (or youngsters like Foden).

Yes, we are short at LB. How are we short on CM and CB ? We have 4 players (Yaya, Fern, Gundogan and Delph) for 1 position in a 4-1-4-1 which I think is the best way to utilize our squad. At CB, we have Vinny, Otamendi, Stones and Mangala as the 4th option. It's upto Pep and the players to perform.
Don't forget, KDB has been playing there, too, and Vinny and Stones have both played there before. This is what Pep means when he says he wants players to be able to not only play multiple positions, but also understand what it means to play that position, because every position has different imperatives.

And, I think 3-5-2 and 4-5-1/4-3-3 are our real formations, as with flying full backs, the 4-1-4-1 becomes a 2-1-6-1, leaving us short at the back. That was what we were trying to do last season and were, pardon the pun, at 6s and 7s on the counter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.