The pre match in stadium entertainment/build up is shocking

Do many have selective memories here? we had clapping 'come on city' animations on the scoreboard at Maine Rd.
Remember the Attack Attack tank (looked like those early Atari tank battle tanks!) on that crappy scoreboard paid for by Greenalls between Platt Lane and the Kippax? Those were the days. We've also had Vince Miller singing Abide with Me; Red Devils parachuting in; Don Maclean (from Crackerjack) doing some sort of SAAB promotion where he tried to get us to singalong in 82.... We could go on. One fan once told me about Hoppy,a WW1 veteran who lost a leg and used to hop around the pitch before every game. Entertainment the City way!

Last edited:
Remember that loud mouth tart slagging Kolorov off on stage at City square..,whilst it was being beamed onto the screens in the ground whilst he was warming up....just want them 3 dicks & the dead funny programme sellers to fuck off...that would be a start....

Going up the spiral to my seat in 304, I saw a woman taking a picture for 2 Korean "supporters". Very nice, I thought, until she said she was from (somewhere in) America!

These out of towners, eh?

When I first went to Maine Road, I was looked upon as an out of towner, as I was from Ashton! How times have changed.

Indeed, how times have changed.
Nobody admits being from Ashton these days ;-)

My mate who works for hospitality mentioned that they've overheard plans to play music after goals. Could be somebody lying to him, and i hope it is. Imagine that!

Get in the ground as late as possible, go up to the concourse at half time and fuck off into town at the final whistle, no interest in poxy banners, shiny bits of tin foil and the three stooges giving us their perceived fucking wisdom

They could try remembering that one size fits hardly anybody.
Put kids stuff at the back of the shop, face paints,clowns whatever, as long as I don't have to suffer it.
Have bands and guests for the grown-ups on the stage and at the bar in city Square and make the fenced off area bigger.
Inside the ground on the concourses have sky news or whatever. Except South Stand / Kippax where it's rabble rousing singalongs.
Big screens inside show match highlights, tunnel cam, interviews with MP / Pep and players warming up. And no music! And no We Play For You!

15 minutes before kick off remind us of the team and subs.

A big C'mon City, without clappy hands on the screen.

Leave the fans to it, countdown to walk out, boom out Bluemoon, and Game On.

I don't post here very often, and this belongs in about 5 different topics, but I'm feeling quite ranty about the performance of the team, the old fool of a manager, ticket prices, traipsing round foreign cities to collect tickets, and then on top of all that the mindless cheesy drivel they put on the screens before the game like that bloody "we fight for you" video (no they bastard well don't), the collection of randoms predicting ridiculous scores and shouting "C'mon City" into the microphone, Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike or whoever it was sharing inane memories with us and most of all those fucking bloody plastic clapping hands c'mon City things they stuck on the screen every time we got a corner yesterday, who are we, fucking MK Dons? I wouldn't mind so much if we ever scored from a corner.

I've been watching City for 50 years, I don't need some braindead fucktrumpet with a keyboard sending me messages telling me what and when to sing and shout. With animated pigging instructions telling me how to clap! And if they want an atmosphere in the ground like they keep droning on that they do then they need to pack in with the cheesy American bollocks that pisses off virtually every football fan over the age of 8, they need to pack in with pricing ordinary fans out of going, they need to pack in treating ordinary fans like shite and making them jump through hoops for the privilege of attending a bloody football match, and they need to allow football fans to enjoy a football match and sing football songs like football fans do.

Needed to get that off my chest. Move along now, nothing to see. Or you can print this off and nail it to Khaldoon's office door.

Remember the piped in singing?

I was sat in my seat and then all of a sudden this "come on city" sound was coming from somewhere and it was like, wtf is happening here? Thankfully it was binned almost immediately.

We are the cheese masters when it comes to this sort of thing. The sight of grown men racing up and down the pitch dressed as fucking teletubbies or whatever they are wearing while the chuckle brother and sister screech at the top of their voices is just too much for me.

I prefer to be deafened in the back instead with "WiLL THE YELLOW TEAM LEADER REPORT TO THE CONTROL ROOM". It's is said that much pre game I almost go looking for him myself to shut the fucking thing up.

I don't post here very often, and this belongs in about 5 different topics, but I'm feeling quite ranty about the performance of the team, the old fool of a manager, ticket prices, traipsing round foreign cities to collect tickets, and then on top of all that the mindless cheesy drivel they put on the screens before the game like that bloody "we fight for you" video (no they bastard well don't), the collection of randoms predicting ridiculous scores and shouting "C'mon City" into the microphone, Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike or whoever it was sharing inane memories with us and most of all those fucking bloody plastic clapping hands c'mon City things they stuck on the screen every time we got a corner yesterday, who are we, fucking MK Dons? I wouldn't mind so much if we ever scored from a corner.

I've been watching City for 50 years, I don't need some braindead fucktrumpet with a keyboard sending me messages telling me what and when to sing and shout. With animated pigging instructions telling me how to clap! And if they want an atmosphere in the ground like they keep droning on that they do then they need to pack in with the cheesy American bollocks that pisses off virtually every football fan over the age of 8, they need to pack in with pricing ordinary fans out of going, they need to pack in treating ordinary fans like shite and making them jump through hoops for the privilege of attending a bloody football match, and they need to allow football fans to enjoy a football match and sing football songs like football fans do.

Needed to get that off my chest. Move along now, nothing to see. Or you can print this off and nail it to Khaldoon's office door.

And we have a winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.