The Pro Road Cycling Thread

It appears an 11 man squad is named

Stannard Rowe Thomas froome kennaugh pouls nieve Koenig Porte pate henao

So who drops out Rowe, pate ?

Tough decision. I think Rowe has performed strongly this year, doing some great stuff in the Spring. He has very good engine. I'd like to think he is going to be picked for Le tour. He will be very useful to have around in the first week.

I cannot see Henao being picked. Maybe a three week stage is too much for him at the moment considering the injury he had last year.

I would have thought Konig would be riding the Vuelta rather than Le tour due to his exploits in the Giro. I would think Porte, Pouls and Nieve will provide adequate support in the mountains with Thomas and Kennaugh taking some pulls too.

Disappointed that Kyrienka wasn't selected but then he rode the Giro. He would certainly have improved the teams TTT capabilities.

I was talking to Chesterbells last night on Twitter about Strava and the 'flybys' option for seeing who you pass on your ride. it got me thinking, has anyone encountered any pro's when they've been out? I know Evan Oliphant of Team Raleigh rides around my way sometimes as does one of the NFTO guys, but I've not encountered them personally. I did once get passed by four guys absolutely flying up a steep climb, one of whom I believe was a regular in the Scottish hill championships, I couldn't believe the pace they were doing!

I was talking to Chesterbells last night on Twitter about Strava and the 'flybys' option for seeing who you pass on your ride. it got me thinking, has anyone encountered any pro's when they've been out? I know Evan Oliphant of Team Raleigh rides around my way sometimes as does one of the NFTO guys, but I've not encountered them personally. I did once get passed by four guys absolutely flying up a steep climb, one of whom I believe was a regular in the Scottish hill championships, I couldn't believe the pace they were doing!

I was at the traffic lights in Cheadle in my car behind Laura Trott and I think it was Victoria Williamson in full UK training kit. The view was very nice :) and the way they accelerated from the lights astonished me.

I was at the traffic lights in Cheadle in my car behind Laura Trott and I think it was Victoria Williamson in full UK training kit. The view was very nice :) and the way they accelerated from the lights astonished me.

Was that because you'd leapt into Directeur Sportif mode and were leaning out the window, banging on the side of the car, and yelling 'Allez, Allez'?

Was that because you'd leapt into Directeur Sportif mode and were leaning out the window, banging on the side of the car, and yelling 'Allez, Allez'?

I would like to think so :)

But think it was more lets get away from the drooling loon in the car behind us lol

I would like to think so :)

But think it was more lets get away from the drooling loon in the car behind us lol

Your shouts of 'Wait I've got a sticky bottle for you' probably didn't help the situation much either.

Saw Hugh Carthy a few times last year when he was with Rapha-Condor-JLT, and last week I'm pretty sure I saw Andy Fenn when I was heading up the Brickworks. It was the same day Richie Porte was on Holme Moss so I'm thinking a few of the Team Sky boys were out with him.

I'd definitely expect Rowe and Pate to make the Tour team, they will need some flatlanders to chase down breakaways and keep things in check during the longer stages. I'd drop Henao and Koenig, save the latter for the Vuelta especially. Absolutely can't wait for this years tour!

Well done Lizzie, dominant ride! Great style on the bike, very smooth pedal stroke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.