The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Last edited:
Some great viewing likely the next couple of hours on Tirreno-Adriatico, a loop with 19% ramps tackled 4 times. The GC looks close and competitive too ... unlike Paris Nice, which has turned into a procession.

As it stands right now the sport is at a cross roads as sadly doping rears its head again
To enjoy procycling you kind of have to switch your mind off from wondering / knowing if anyone is on the juice. It’s been like that since the first professional tyres rolled out over a century ago. Is that ideal? No, but I find it helps me enjoy the spectacle. The sport’s always been at a crossroad. And somehow has survived.

To enjoy procycling you kind of have to switch your mind off from wondering / knowing if anyone is on the juice. It’s been like that since the first professional tyres rolled out over a century ago. Is that ideal? No, but I find it helps me enjoy the spectacle. The sport’s always been at a crossroad. And somehow has survived.
Pro cycling have had every opportunity to clean up their act, and yet here we are again.

Maybe there should be an amnesty and a resetting of the record books? Then test the riders to within an inch of their lives (urine, bloods and hair sample if necessary) and ban them for life if they have any unexplainable banned substance in their system. Otherwise there will always be spectre of doping hanging over results of races.

Van Der Poel’s bike today!! Bike envy or what. It’s a Canyon in celeste/sky blue. Probably about £15k or something stupid.

Pro cycling have had every opportunity to clean up their act, and yet here we are again.

Maybe there should be an amnesty and a resetting of the record books? Then test the riders to within an inch of their lives (urine, bloods and hair sample if necessary) and ban them for life if they have any unexplainable banned substance in their system. Otherwise there will always be spectre of doping hanging over results of races.
Always seems to be a bit of an arms race, dopers v testers, new drugs that evade current tests. Micro dosing etc. 100% agree on lifetime ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.