The Pro Road Cycling Thread

I’m at the womens game today but it’s the 4th of the 5 one day Monuments LBL, being portrayed as a Pog vs MVDP showdown. The course should favour Pogacar in theory, but let’s see.

On a different note I see the womens Tour of Britain has been announced for June, with stages In Welshpool, Wrexham, Warrington and Manchester. I just hope it means we don’t miss out when it comes to the mens tour route being announced next week. I’ve heard rumours at least some of the mens stages will be in Scotland.

Giro starts today :-)

Really hoping Thomas can get himself on the podium, and you never know, with events out on the road over 3 weeks, he could end up on top.
Pogacar of course strong pre-race favourite, but as a fan of his, happy to see that. What’s also good, is it’s a lumpy from the off, so today and tomorrow should make good viewing.

I’m gonna try and do one of my “quarter tours” for this one; 25% of the day’s race distance myself each day. I’ve managed it for the Tour before but never the Giro. It tends to have too many wet days in May, but let’s see!

Off to the Adriatic coast a week on Wednesday to take in a couple of stages will ride from Rimini to the Finish at Fano then next day it starts in Riccione. Hired a rather nice Bianchi for the week in Celeste blue of course. As for the race unfortunately nothing in G’s early form gives me much hope for a podium finish.

Agreed.

Some of the constant comparisons to Pantani today were getting on my nerves though, considering what’s become known about him.

Understandable given the route but agree, the Pirate wouldn’t have lived with the like of Pog it’s that simple.

He along with WvA and MvdP have taken the sport to a different level imo.

They can literally do everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.