The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Churchill123 said:
Shands said:
Now the dust it settling from the weekend who do you think is feeling worse, Steven Gerrard or Dan Martin?

Tough one that... Both were pretty embarrassing for a professional's point of view.. although i imagine Dan Martin feels worse seeing as the finish line was in his sight.. where as Liverpool still had a few climbs to tackle

Good point well made, but conversely at least Dan has won it before, where as Stevie La...tough one as you say.

I think Martin would have won that you know, he seemed to have briefly knocked it off a little in readiness to kick again just like he did to Purito last year. Pity but that's racing.

On to Romandie we go.

I have never seen a GC contender being out of it on the first turn on the prologue, but that is what happened to Teejay yesterday. Took too much speed into the first turn and the bike washed out. He ended up losing over 3 minutes on a course that riders were finishing in 6:30ish. That is just nuts. No matter how good he rides the rest of the way, he can't make up that much time.

Anyone been watching the Tour Of Turkey? 3 stage win thus far for Cav, but what's been most telling is how well drilled and in command the OPQS sprint train is now looking. If they take that line-up to the Tour he'll fancy his chances against Kittel.

Adam Yates is second on GC after a great bit of climbing yesterday.

Shands said:
Anyone been watching the Tour Of Turkey? 3 stage win thus far for Cav, but what's been most telling is how well drilled and in command the OPQS sprint train is now looking. If they take that line-up to the Tour he'll fancy his chances against Kittel.

Adam Yates is second on GC after a great bit of climbing yesterday.

I really don't think in a one to one sprint that Cav can beat Kittel regularly. Sure if the lead out train is working, it is tougher, but Kittel looks like a beast right now.

Big congratulations to Adam Yates, got his first stage win as a pro today. He leads the GC now too and has a great chance of holding it to the end. Tremendous results for a 1st year neo-pro.

Shands said:
Big congratulations to Adam Yates, got his first stage win as a pro today. He leads the GC now too and has a great chance of holding it to the end. Tremendous results for a 1st year neo-pro.

Mega ride, all at 21 years old too.

How do people think the Yates's season's would have gone if they had gone to Sky?

Nervous Nedum said:
Shands said:

How do people think the Yates's season's would have gone if they had gone to Sky?

Completely different I'd expect. It was a great choice to go to Orica, they get so much more freedom there to ride their own race than they would at many other teams. Take Josh Edmonson as a comparison, arguably could be as a talented but is being expected to pay his dues and burn himself off as water carrier/early body in the train. Incidentally I think Sky only tried to sign Simon and not Adam.

Shands said:
Nervous Nedum said:
Shands said:

Completely different I'd expect. It was a great choice to go to Orica, they get so much more freedom there to ride their own race than they would at many other teams. Take Josh Edmonson as a comparison, arguably could be as a talented but is being expected to pay his dues and burn himself off as water carrier/early body in the train. Incidentally I think Sky only tried to sign Simon and not Adam.

Would agree with that. Really hope they both go on to make it big in the next few years.

Romandie
Froome showing his form today, he looked absolutely marvelous on that final climb. All down to the time-trial on Sunday now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.