The Pro Road Cycling Thread

This neutralization debacle is going to roll on for a while isn't it. It made for a great stage though!

Shands said:
This neutralization debacle is going to roll on for a while isn't it. It made for a great stage though!

Having read a bit more on it this morning I'm not sure anyone comes out of the events on the Stelvio with much credit. A bit of a mess all told.

Shands said:
Shands said:

Having read a bit more on it this morning I'm not sure anyone comes out of the events on the Stelvio with much credit. A bit of a mess all told.

They shouldn't have gone up simple as, everything else comes from that decision, not sure if it was a financial call after the same stage being called off last year or just the organizers being intent on cementing the Giro as the hardest of the the three grand tours. Either way as you say all a mess

So gutted ive missed pretty much most days coverage of the Giro, due to one fucking thing after another.

Saw on twitter Cataldo won the Stelvio prize, a little bonus for us Sky Fanboys lol.

Cant comment on the Giro at all, although it does look like Quintana has it it in the bag. Uran is quality but cant live with him. Could Quintana do the TdF or will he go the Veulta after a rest?

As PLLK points out I am a Sky fanboy, watched Froomey before interviewed and hes confident and predicting Porte podium with Brad on the squad too.

My squad would be. Froomey, Richie, Kiri, Brad, G, Keneugh (sp), Joe D, Shits, Swifty(if EVB not well)

Rascal said:
So gutted ive missed pretty much most days coverage of the Giro, due to one fucking thing after another.

Saw on twitter Cataldo won the Stelvio prize, a little bonus for us Sky Fanboys lol.

Cant comment on the Giro at all, although it does look like Quintana has it it in the bag. Uran is quality but cant live with him. Could Quintana do the TdF or will he go the Veulta after a rest?

As PLLK points out I am a Sky fanboy, watched Froomey before interviewed and hes confident and predicting Porte podium with Brad on the squad too.

My squad would be. Froomey, Richie, Kiri, Brad, G, Keneugh (sp), Joe D, Shits, Swifty(if EVB not well)

Got this quote for you mate “Valverde will be the team and the Tour, and for now, I’ll focus on the Giro and Vuelta,” Quintana said. “We’ll leave the Tour for other years.”

That is a very strong squad, the criterium du dauphine will show who's in form but i expect them to win, Froome has 3 extremely strong domestiques there and despite Shand's whining Froome will be on top of the podium in Paris.

Rascal said:

I'm the same mate, got over there the year before last and got to see a bit, I kicked off with some jurnos that we're calling British cycling corrupt, was eating in some fancy 5* on lake Garda (the park international?) the missis wasn't impressed when I started calling the French lads a load of cunts, they did seem resentfull and confused by British success, remind anyone of the rags:)

Congratulations to Nairo on his first GT. Can't see it being the last one won by a Colombian given the depth of talent they now have. Well done, Uran and Aru too, the latter looks like he could be a big contender in the years to come.

bluestevei said:
carnt wait for the tour to start in gods own country

Absolutely.
But it will have to go some to match those scenes atop the Zoncolan today; unreal with thousands on the hillside above the finish. Mind you some of the crowd went a bit far on the way up getting up close & personal with the riders. Fortunately that dude in the mankini/full body thong wasn't one of 'em!

Away from the Grand Tour scene, young Dowsett is busying himself being really really quick.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/alex-dowsett-sets-new-british-10-mile-time-trial-record-124928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ord-124928</a>

That's very quick by anyone's standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.