The Pro Road Cycling Thread

smudgedj said:
Nervous Nedum said:
Shands said:
No, this is to do with an emergency TUE he received at the start of the Tour De Romandie. The story has kind of spun off in four separate strands.

1) Froome himself and the merits or otherwise of the TUE.
2) The UCI processes for issuing TUE's (turns out they don't have the committee in place that they're meant to have to comply with WADA - which has lead to direct criticism from WADA)
3) Tied in with two, the doctor who issues the TUE's and his possible connections in the past to doping incidents.
4) Team Sky's issues with transparency and the contradictory nature of some of their statements and actions (David Walsh wrote an article about it in The Sunday Times).

It's been quite a big story and fairly interesting reading as it's developed, though somewhat of a tangled web.

Just read Alex Dowsett has made the Movistar team for the Tour, really pleased for him and hope he goes well.

Really pleased for Dowsett, what a few weeks for him having just smashed the British 10 mile record. If only there was a prologue this year!

What was his 10 mile time?

He did a 17:20 on the E2/10 course.

Nervous Nedum said:
smudgedj said:
Nervous Nedum said:
Really pleased for Dowsett, what a few weeks for him having just smashed the British 10 mile record. If only there was a prologue this year!

And he still thought he could knock another 15-20secs off that. Mindbending time. Was a bit surprised by how close the Commonwealth TT was. Thought Dowsett would utterly batter everyone - maybe realised he didn't have to.

As for those TUEs - too redolent of Armstrong's Tour de Suisse for me.

Nervous Nedum said:
Did anybody hear/see what happened to Yates today? Not caught any of the highlights yet.

Yup he crashed on the final descent trying to chase on to Valverde. He hit the kerb and went down, seems to be ok though. Pity as he looked strong and I fancied him to win it. What an amazing talent he is though, he was third over the top of the last climb (about 3km at 9%) only a few seconds behind Puerto and Valverde.

Shands said:
Nervous Nedum said:
Did anybody hear/see what happened to Yates today? Not caught any of the highlights yet.

Yup he crashed on the final descent trying to chase on to Valverde. He hit the kerb and went down, seems to be ok though. Pity as he looked strong and I fancied him to win it. What an amazing talent he is though, he was third over the top of the last climb (about 3km at 9%) only a few seconds behind Puerto and Valverde.

He is an exceptional talent (as is Simon), and I really hope that they both go on to fulfill their potential. Another one to look out for is Tao Geoghan-Hart, currently racing for the Bissell Development team in the US (with Axel Merckx as a DS no less).

smudgedj said:
Nervous Nedum said:
smudgedj said:

Wow - I thought my 22:21 was fast!

Are you allowed solid wheels now?

Yup, disc wheel on the back and a tri-spoke on the front. Taken from here: http://ttrial.wordpress.com/2014/06...he-10-mile-competition-record-and-i-rode-too/

Nervous Nedum said:
Shands said:
Nervous Nedum said:

He is an exceptional talent (as is Simon), and I really hope that they both go on to fulfill their potential. Another one to look out for is Tao Geoghan-Hart, currently racing for the Bissell Development team in the US (with Axel Merckx as a DS no less).

smudgedj said:
Nervous Nedum said:

Yup, disc wheel on the back and a tri-spoke on the front. Taken from here: http://ttrial.wordpress.com/2014/06...he-10-mile-competition-record-and-i-rode-too/

Ha! Ha! That bloke in front, whilst I'm sure could and probably did pull out a "short 21" would certainly have preferred a rather less illustrious two minute man.

johnnytapia said:
Nervous Nedum said:
Shands said:

smudgedj said:

Ha! Ha! That bloke in front, whilst I'm sure could and probably did pull out a "short 21" would certainly have preferred a rather less illustrious two minute man.

He was interviewed in the day's after he broke the record, and I can't for the life of me find it now! He said that it was a privilege to see Dowsett in action, but that he wished he could have waited until after the first mile before making the catch haha.

Nervous Nedum said:
johnnytapia said:
Nervous Nedum said:

He was interviewed in the day's after he broke the record, and I can't for the life of me find it now! He said that it was a privilege to see Dowsett in action, but that he wished he could have waited until after the first mile before making the catch haha.

A guy called Darrell Webster did that to me in a 10 mile TT on one of the Manchester courses - very unsporting I thought LOL

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/aug/06/cyclists-clash-volta-portugal-stage-six" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/a ... -stage-six</a>

scrapping at the Tour of Portugal :))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.