The Proper BM Darts Thread

[/quote]
Churchill123 said:
Just watched this..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iPpcYVvQDU[/youtube]

Some of the comments allude to Phil Taylor being a sex offender? Any truth to this rumor? Always seemed like a nice guy when interviewed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1306433.stm

-- Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm --

niall'sdiscoshorts said:
averages!! last night was in the mid 70's but it does vary mate.
had my darts stolen about 2 month ago so getting use to these.

play in malling and district in kent, i used to play in Oxfordshire supper league,
and before that up and around stockport, romiley, woodley and on the
logend (manchester board) in hyde.

Nice average that bud; keep it up! Hope you bought two sets of the same darts in case they get lifted again?! Dunno what I'm doing, but seem to be struggling to hold the dart like I used to and have hit a slump. Before this blip, I happily averaged mid 70s sometimes getting up to 82/83/84 in the odd match but summat just feels completely wrong.

All in my head of course, but hey-ho, just gotta play through it!

http://www.dartbase.com/slump.htm

have a read of this mate, it got me back on track after a massive wobble in form

Churchill123 said:
Just watched this..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iPpcYVvQDU[/youtube]

Some of the comments allude to Phil Taylor being a sex offender? Any truth to this rumor? Always seemed like a nice guy when interviewed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1306433.stm

-- Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm --

niall'sdiscoshorts said:
averages!! last night was in the mid 70's but it does vary mate.
had my darts stolen about 2 month ago so getting use to these.

play in malling and district in kent, i used to play in Oxfordshire supper league,
and before that up and around stockport, romiley, woodley and on the
logend (manchester board) in hyde.

Nice average that bud; keep it up! Hope you bought two sets of the same darts in case they get lifted again?! Dunno what I'm doing, but seem to be struggling to hold the dart like I used to and have hit a slump. Before this blip, I happily averaged mid 70s sometimes getting up to 82/83/84 in the odd match but summat just feels completely wrong.

All in my head of course, but hey-ho, just gotta play through it!

http://www.dartbase.com/slump.htm

have a read of this mate, it got me back on track after a massive wobble in form[/quote]
Cheers mate. I've got the original Dart Thrower web page bookmarked already but I've not ready it for ages. Good to go back to it and realise I'm not as far ahead as I thought and actually, rather than being in another phase 3 slump, I'm realistically still in phase 2!

All about relaxing and enjoying.

i think a lot of players have 3 or 4 phases of the first slump, i think ive had about 5... about 17 sets of darts/stems/flights combos but i think im on the way back up now though getting regular 82-85 avgs. so the head at the minute is where it should be :)

racingeye said:
i think a lot of players have 3 or 4 phases of the first slump, i think ive had about 5... about 17 sets of darts/stems/flights combos but i think im on the way back up now though getting regular 82-85 avgs. so the head at the minute is where it should be :)
Excellent mate. I went through about 4 sets of darts in a short period and then decided I was sticking with just one set. I got two sets of exactly the same ones so I had spares and have not changed them for 7 years. I take it you throw for a team?

strongbowholic said:
racingeye said:
Excellent mate. I went through about 4 sets of darts in a short period and then decided I was sticking with just one set. I got two sets of exactly the same ones so I had spares and have not changed them for 7 years. I take it you throw for a team?

yeah i have 2 sets the same now in case of losing a set and i also practise using 4 darts to stop the dreaded 3rd dart dilemma.
Yeah ive been playing for around 16 years in Lincolnshire where im from, i got to the county B back up list but never got a game. Circumstances changed and i took 2-3 years out, but ive just come back to playing and its like learning to write all over again :S

racingeye said:
strongbowholic said:
racingeye said:

yeah i have 2 sets the same now in case of losing a set and i also practise using 4 darts to stop the dreaded 3rd dart dilemma.
Yeah ive been playing for around 16 years in Lincolnshire where im from, i got to the county B back up list but never got a game. Circumstances changed and i took 2-3 years out, but ive just come back to playing and its like learning to write all over again :S
Know that feeling. I've had another chuck today and still shit but had recently switched to new flights a few month back. Just noticed they are a fraction smaller than my normal ones! Switched back to the originals and hey presto throwing a bit more like my old self! New season starts in Jan so gonna have a fuck about with things before settling on a favourite config.

Feel like a right idiot now!

strongbowholic said:
racingeye said:
strongbowholic said:

Know that feeling. I've had another chuck today and still shit but had recently switched to new flights a few month back. Just noticed they are a fraction smaller than my normal ones! Switched back to the originals and hey presto throwing a bit more like my old self! New season starts in Jan so gonna have a fuck about with things before settling on a favourite config.

Feel like a right idiot now!

ive tried every flight in every stem in every combination!! and only 1 or 2 combinations suit me out of what must be 100's!! its all about trial and error unfortunately
same with dart weights, and people think its just lobbing a bit of metal at a cork board

Tonight's Order of Play:

7.10pm Mark Walsh v Darren Webster
8.15pm Paul Lim v Mohd Latif Sapup (P)
9.00pm Kim Huybrechts v Scott Rand
10.00pm Vincent van der Voort v Stuart Kellett
11.00pm Michael van Gerwen v Lim/Sapup

I'm guessing:

Walsh
Lim
Huybrechts
Kellett
Van Gerwen

Wonder how many times they'll mention Lim was the first person to throw a televised 9-darter??!

GAME ON!!!!

Walsh through 3-1 and Lim through the prelim. 2 up so far. Huybrechts next with the nice eye candy and such and such.

strongbowholic said:
Tonight's Order of Play:

7.10pm Mark Walsh v Darren Webster
8.15pm Paul Lim v Mohd Latif Sapup (P)
9.00pm Kim Huybrechts v Scott Rand
10.00pm Vincent van der Voort v Stuart Kellett
11.00pm Michael van Gerwen v Lim/Sapup

I'm guessing:

Walsh
Lim
Huybrechts
Kellett
Van Gerwen

Wonder how many times they'll mention Lim was the first person to throw a televised 9-darter??!

GAME ON!!!!

I've gone for a treble of Walsh, Huybrechts and van der Voort at 9/4.

Huybrechts' girlfriend is incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.