The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: Renewed hope to win the title or not?

cleavers said:
jimharri said:
3IRpbkn.png

Okay; ignoring GD, we can get to 85 (the most any of the chasing pack can get) points if we win all our remaining games (which we won't). That means Chelsea need 19 more points to be uncatchable. From 9 games. 18 points will more than likely be enough for them if you do take GD into account. So they can afford 3 defeats. We will probably need them to lose at least 4 of their remaining 9 games; they've only lost 2 out of their first 29. It's gone; stop torturing yourselves.
Who's torturing themselves ? I pretty well gave up on when we couldn't beat Hull at home.

However if Chelsea lose 3 (or 4 - however unlikely), and we win them all (also unlikely), then I'd guess our GD will be well ahead of theirs, we're only 2 behind, and in our last 3 home games have added 10 without reply.

Keep on hoping.

Chelsea have some tough games in the run in, I can see them dropping quite a few points, trouble is I don't really think we can win all our remaining games on current form. Like you say I given up hope yet.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
ianw16 said:
More likely to finish 5th than 1st. I have 2 hopes for the end of the season; finish above the rags, finish in top 3. If we were 4th and Rags were 5th, I could live with that. Not likely though.
We have to beat the c*nts at Old Toilet. We do that and we leave open the chance that Chelsea also beats them, leaving them to compete with Liverpool for 4th.

However dippers really bottled it.

Derby could define our season and decide pellers future imo. Absolutely must win the Derby.

bondsman said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
ianw16 said:
More likely to finish 5th than 1st. I have 2 hopes for the end of the season; finish above the rags, finish in top 3. If we were 4th and Rags were 5th, I could live with that. Not likely though.
We have to beat the c*nts at Old Toilet. We do that and we leave open the chance that Chelsea also beats them, leaving them to compete with Liverpool for 4th.

Derby could define our season and decide pellers future imo. Absolutely must win the Derby.
Not losing would be OK, unless of course you think we can still win it, which you don't, as you never tire of telling us.

bondsman said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
ianw16 said:

For you.

Re: The race for the Top 4

bondsman said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
ianw16 said:

It's a must not lose game! Just because we have smashed them the last few years doesn't mean a draw is a bad result at a ground where is always tough to go to..

I wonder what City fans will be thinking next time we kick off - likely to be 4th

With Liverpool losing today I think we'll have to be absolute dross to not qualify. I'd still wanted at least a draw there and even Liverpool win, we have solid fixtures to be top 4 anyway unless we'd really went downhills heavily.

It has probably been said already in this thread but all we have to do is hold our nerve to secure one of the places.

Winning the title is not something that keeps me head busy. If we are in with a chance so are Arsenal and United. It's gonna be a big task to finish 2nd unless we find some form again. If we keep on doing the huffy puffy stuff l think top 4 is still difficult.
Me mind gave up thinking about chasing Chelsea some time ago yet we keep being mentioned as for chasing them. I'm far more worried being chased by Arsenal and United. The former have a better chance catching Chelsea than we do due to their recent form that is quite impressive. There's always hope though...

eversince 76 said:
Winning the title is not something that keeps me head busy. If we are in with a chance so are Arsenal and United. It's gonna be a big task to finish 2nd unless we find some form again. If we keep on doing the huffy puffy stuff l think top 4 is still difficult.
Me mind gave up thinking about chasing Chelsea some time ago yet we keep being mentioned as for chasing them. I'm far more worried being chased by Arsenal and United. The former have a better chance catching Chelsea than we do due to their recent form that is quite impressive. There's always hope though...

Absolute bollocks. We will finish top 4, and I'm confident we will be runners up.

Did you believe we could overturn an 8 point deficit with 6 games to go in 2012? Thought not.

Try believing in your team a little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.