The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

manimanc said:
Still say we'll win the league...
Chelsea will drop points...
They aren't playing that well.
Ain't over til it's over in my eyes, lots of points to play for.
Fuckin come on city.
I was adamant we'd still win it but we're obviously running out of time now. If chelsea would have dropped points yesterday we'd have gone on to win it I'm sure, and with them playing United soon it would have been interesting cause they'd also feel they can win it. I'd be more than happy with 2nd now. I just wanna see us perform in the remaining games.

St Ives blue said:
eversince 76 said:
Winning the title is not something that keeps me head busy. If we are in with a chance so are Arsenal and United. It's gonna be a big task to finish 2nd unless we find some form again. If we keep on doing the huffy puffy stuff l think top 4 is still difficult.
Me mind gave up thinking about chasing Chelsea some time ago yet we keep being mentioned as for chasing them. I'm far more worried being chased by Arsenal and United. The former have a better chance catching Chelsea than we do due to their recent form that is quite impressive. There's always hope though...

Absolute bollocks. We will finish top 4, and I'm confident we will be runners up.

Did you believe we could overturn an 8 point deficit with 6 games to go in 2012? Thought not.

Try believing in your team a little.

I too think we finish 2nd or at least in the top 4 (never stated we wouldn't btw). What I hope for is that we catch Chelsea and win the PL. Some on here only talk about chasing Chelsea, but from the players' and managers' perspective it's more realistic to look over your shoulder and protect 2nd place.
You are simply a bit more optimistic based on history, where my opinion is based on todays facts. And the fact is we are 6 points behind Chelsea with them having a game in hand, while Arsenal and United are 1 and 2 points behind us. And over the last 3 months both Arsenal and United gathered more points than we did. So your remark about 'absolute bollocks' is ...well, absolute bollocks.

Phil McMuffin has us finishing 4th behind the rags with losses at the swamp and Swansea, although joint top scores with 81 goals.

He has the rags conceding only 5 goals in the last 8 games, doubt it Phil.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31993167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31993167</a>

Trouble is Van gaal and Wenger seemed to have found a winning formula at the right time. Pellers has run out of new ideas and is banking on his 442 to get us over the line. Can't see us finishing above 3rd so hopefully well make that 4th spot and get an easy qualifier pre season.

Question is: how will Mourinho set up to play Arsenal, United and Liverpool? The three "in-form" teams, if you like. Normally, you could imagine him to set up for a draw against the top in-form teams. Will he have the balls to do that three times and hope we drop points? I think he may just believe in himself enough to try that. Still not over yet if you ask me.

ManCityX said:
4th would be an absolute disaster.

would it? an absolute disaster ? qualifying for the champs league is an absolute disaster? it would hardly be great since we were joint top at one point but an absolute disaster? id hate to know what collapsing and finishing 6th would be! (which we wont, i just want to know)

shemnel said:
ManCityX said:

would it? an absolute disaster ? qualifying for the champs league is an absolute disaster? it would hardly be great since we were joint top at one point but an absolute disaster? id hate to know what collapsing and finishing 6th would be! (which we wont, i just want to know)
"absolute disaster plus".

or

"new and improved absolute disaster"

ManCityX said:

Will our owner get "bored" and walk away?

Will it fuck be a disaster. Disappointing maybe but not a disaster.

That said, 2nd minimum and im still hopeful we can catch Chelsea.

shemnel said:
ManCityX said:

You don't qualify for then CL if you finish fourth though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.