The real old fans - come back.

awest

We need them back in numbers to get behind the lads when we are struggling. The new fans seem to have to wait until we are 3-0 up before getting behind the team. Surely we are not turning into the prawn sandwich brigade are we?

Already posted this in another thread but yea we won a free upgrade into the Hospitality area today and it was awful.
Hardly no atmosphere, everybody sat down (only standing to go eat more food)
The dress code, general vibe, just wasn't football for me at all.

I would genuinely refuse an offer of a free Box or any hospitality after experiencing it as you just can't put a price on Atmosphere that we somehow still get in small pockets in the stadium.

We were 2-1 down near the end and where we sat in this corporate area was near enough empty (even though we had 3mins + 5mins extra time) to play.

No support except with your credit card when buying overpriced carveries and shit.

[bigimg]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61984000/jpg/_61984460_seats.jpg[/bigimg]

Please.

I dont understand why some supporters deny their is an issue with the atmosphere at the etihad , since standing in the scoreboard end in the 60's , our support upto the "takeover" has been decent and vociferous but i have noticed a decline , i would say 50% of the stadium dont sing or curse the officials they appear content to sit and be entertained One bloke in front of me today in east stand 101 went for 2 bags of chips on 22 minutes , i know the match wasnt rivetting viewing , but couldnt his porky son wait another half hour before stuffing his face , For all our success , there are some things i miss from Maine Road , the gallows humour etc , we used to pride ourselves of not becoming like "them" , plastic/tourist/celebrity club , but is this the price we pay for success.

Why Always Ste said:
Already posted this in another thread but yea we won a free upgrade into the Hospitality area today and it was awful.

I would genuinely refuse an offer of a free Box or any hospitality after experiencing it as you just can't put a price on Atmosphere that we somehow still get in small pockets in the stadium.

We were 2-1 down near the end and where we sat in this corporate area was near enough empty (even though we had 3mins + 5mins extra time) to play.

No support except with your credit card when buying overpriced carveries and shit.

[bigimg]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61984000/jpg/_61984460_seats.jpg[/bigimg]

Please.

Dress code? seriously?

gmckennasell said:
we used to pride ourselves of not becoming like "them" , plastic/tourist/celebrity club , but is this the price we pay for success.

Becoming.... We have Become.

I can accept there are people who enjoy the Corporate/Hospitality part of the Match. Just not for me at all.

Should be able to buy Season Tickets for Away Matches only... I want Atmosphere, passion just like it was for Family members who brought me up with the stories.

In the corporate area today seeing a "Maine Road" street sign above a group of southern accent well dressed yuppie types just made me near enough vomit.

gmckennasell said:
I dont understand why some supporters deny their is an issue with the atmosphere at the etihad , since standing in the scoreboard end in the 60's , our support upto the "takeover" has been decent and vociferous but i have noticed a decline , i would say 50% of the stadium dont sing or curse the officials they appear content to sit and be entertained One bloke in front of me today in east stand 101 went for 2 bags of chips on 22 minutes , i know the match wasnt rivetting viewing , but couldnt his porky son wait another half hour before stuffing his face , For all our success , there are some things i miss from Maine Road , the gallows humour etc , we used to pride ourselves of not becoming like "them" , plastic/tourist/celebrity club , but is this the price we pay for success.
Expectations change with results. You saw Sunderland at Wembley. They were amazed to be on Wembley Way and hugging each other. Whilst it was another trip to Wembley for City fans

Can't believe we through that game away at home. I don't think any other club in the country is capable of doing that.

Maybe days like today are a reminder not to take anything for granted.

gmckennasell said:

This all day long. I don't want to go back to those old days in any real way, shape or form. But I saw the people leaving at 90 minutes and thought "this is what rags do."

Not to get round CCXVI of "early leavers" going, but FFS we were making furious efforts at goal the entire last 25 minutes. I just cant imagine that happening 20 years ago.

Why Always Ste said:

Please.

You entered a competition to win hospitality and now you're acting all surprised that it wasn't like the south stand, or wherever you sit?

You dick. These people's cash subsidise your season ticket. Just because they don't do the Poznan and headbutt opposition fans, doesn't make them less valuable to the club. The truth is the club desperately needs more people in the corporate areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.