The Reckoning

I was intrigued how Coogan would handle the role but, after sounding a bit Paul Calf ish to begin with, thought he delivered an amazing performance.

It was also good how some of the actual victims had an input in each episode. They came across with real dignity and are the real heroes of the story.

Watched the Netflix documentary and that was enough for me. Horrible man.

This has been my position since it was announced.

A tv show should be either educational, entertaining or art.

I personally don’t think a dramatic reliving of Seville’s crimes is entertaining. I’m not sure what message it’s trying to send if it’s art, and the documentaries about this are very good and tell everyone what they need to know.

This feels a lot like Steve Coogan trying to use it as a serious role to get acclaim and awards, and the BBC are trying to address the fact they had culpability with some self-flagellation.

IMO it’s very crass.

It was made by ITV for the BBC, so all credit should be laid at the doors of ITV.
Full credit to the victims who shared their stories during the programme.

True and i've enjoyed a lot of them (Bundy, Dahmer, Making A Murderer)

but Saville i've read up enough and seen enough to not want to watch a doc on him, I'm sure it's done well and i love Coogan but no, that will just upset me.

Was thinking other day it won't be long till we have a drama series about Lucy Letby - would you be keen to watch that?
I can't watch anything about the moors murderers or holocaust.

Bag of shite. ;-)I agree he does a good job and it doesn’t show the bbc in very good light.
I’m always happy to knock the BBC when it’s warranted but I think they do retrospective self-flagellation better than any other institution.

I certainly don’t think they should be criticised for commissioning and broadcasting this series simply because they were culpable for what went on, as the drama certainly doesn’t try to diminish their role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.