The Reckoning

I thought the drama showed more of an insinuation rather than actually saying he did

I thought there was also a very very mild insinuation that he mightve with his mums body too. Maybe that was just me that picked up on that though
No, when he was talking to his mother in her coffin, the thought passed my mind too. Wouldn't put anything beyond that evil fucker.

Just watching this at the moment, the character, story and programme doesn’t particularly make me feel anything and doesn’t really disturb me, whether that’s because I know it’s Coogan acting I’m not sure, but the real life photos and footage of him, that does, never got this fucker and always thought he was a proper ‘wrong un’.

Just watching this at the moment, the character, story and programme doesn’t particularly make me feel anything and doesn’t really disturb me, whether that’s because I know it’s Coogan acting I’m not sure, but the real life photos and footage of him, that does, never got this fucker and always thought he was a proper ‘wrong un’.
My issue is how many of his lovey chums knew what he was doing and just kept quiet - my wife’s cousin who was in her late teens worked with him in the late 60’s in Manchester and she committed suicide in the early seventies completely out of the blue

A very disturbing and harrowing watch but wow, Coogan was FANTASTIC. Bafta winning performance.

What stuck with me most in the series was actually that exchange at the end of the last episode when they’re on the bench by the seaside.

No spoilers but if you’ve seen it you know the moment I mean. Made me shudder.

A very disturbing and harrowing watch but wow, Coogan was FANTASTIC. Bafta winning performance.

What stuck with me most in the series was actually that exchange at the end of the last episode when they’re on the bench by the seaside.

Still at it as a pensioner

The book, that this was based on, is definitely worth a read.

My issue is how many of his lovey chums knew what he was doing and just kept quiet - my wife’s cousin who was in her late teens worked with him in the late 60’s in Manchester and she committed suicide in the early seventies completely out of the blue

Lots will have known but he was so powerful they didn't say anything. I remember watching an episode of Jim will fix it. There was a group of boy scouts on and Saville's behaviour was extremely odd. He was horrible towards them and it made for uncomfortable viewing. The next day on Piccadilly radio Suzie Mathis mentioned it with somebody who called in ( it may have been Umberto. ) She finished with, " I better not say anymore" and that was that. I was glad I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

Last edited:
The book, that this was based on, is definitely worth a read.
What book was that please mate - I saw it in the end credits, but couldn't make out what it was called

As for the series - very cleverly done on a very sensitive (disgusting) subject matter

Regarding Saville and his dead mother and bodies in the morgue, to my knowledge there are no facts to prove he did have a "fiddle" (although I know where my money would be if I were a betting man)
Hence why the series suggested it happened, but until it is ever proven he interfered, then I understand why it hinted at, rather than show that he did anything

Just watched the whole series. How brilliant was Coogan playing the man who wore gold shorts and always acted inappropriate but in the day we just ignored the behaviour as he was so famous and a God to charity. How, thankfully times have definitely changed.

I thought the drama showed more of an insinuation rather than actually saying he did

I thought there was also a very very mild insinuation that he mightve with his mums body too. Maybe that was just me that picked up on that though
I thinks it’s more likely than not that he at least fingered his mum’s corpse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.