The rise and rise of Manchester City....

frasermcfc said:
paulchapo said:
Pam said:
Name teams who were in the not too distant past better than us.

Ipswich bastard Town, for one. Only ten years ago. Who else and how long ago?

Ahh Ipswich Town!It gives me great delight to see them languishing amongst the also rans these days.Why poor old Ipswich you may ask?

Well there was a fair amount of animosity between us as we clinched the automatic promotion slot with that 4-1 win at Blackburn from them and they went up via the play offs.This lingered on and in a defining match the next?Season we were relegated playing Ipswich.

I was in Corfu on holiday and watched it live on tv.The delight and mickey taking those bumpkins subjected us to was beyond the pale.complete with some wanker with a ''You are the weakest link City......goodbye!'' banner.I have never forgotten it.Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

Remember George Burley saying Ipswich are a far bigger club than Man City, when we were trying to sign Tony Vaughan!!!!

It is hard to believe how far both Ipswich and Burley have slipped,they were the bee's knees at one time,everyone's next big thing.

It is the suffering over so many years that makes the present so sweet.

I find it strange that some people's memories are so short that any minor set back is treated like a major tragedy.

citykev28 said:
Stelios Giannokopolous was prevented from signing for us because Bolton Wanderers were a bigger club.
We had to sell Michael Brown because we weren't a big enough club to keep hold of him.

BL2blue said:
Wimbledon & Derby. We played them in cup games when they were both 2 divisons above us. Fucking Wimbledon!!

Great day out though that FA Cup game at Selhurst. More Blues than home fans, I reckon we took 7k that day. Obviously not recalled by any opposition fans who sing the "Where were you when you were shit" bollocks.
Brilliant game, got free tickets for playing in a kids tournament at wimbledons training ground, still have a lot of fondness for afc Wimbledon, not a patch on the next game I went to in London though (weaver and dickov?)

some of the whinging twats on bluemoon should be reading this and remember where we came from,arrr the good old days.

its a Barm said:
some of the whinging twats on bluemoon should be reading this and remember where we came from,arrr the good old days.

It IS hard to believe it has only been 14 years since the play off final!We have made incredible progress since the takeover, but i don't think we should measure today by the yardstick of yesterday when we had no money and a team of journeymen.

I was there through all the darl days but still get exasperated when we throw games away as we have done this season.We could be at least 3 points clear at the top now if we hadn't been so sloppy and careless.

paulchapo said:
Pam said:
Name teams who were in the not too distant past better than us.

Ipswich bastard Town, for one. Only ten years ago. Who else and how long ago?

Ahh Ipswich Town!It gives me great delight to see them languishing amongst the also rans these days.Why poor old Ipswich you may ask?

Well there was a fair amount of animosity between us as we clinched the automatic promotion slot with that 4-1 win at Blackburn from them and they went up via the play offs.This lingered on and in a defining match the next?Season we were relegated playing Ipswich.

I was in Corfu on holiday and watched it live on tv.The delight and mickey taking those bumpkins subjected us to was beyond the pale.complete with some wanker with a ''You are the weakest link City......goodbye!'' banner.I have never forgotten it.Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

I hated those bastards. I was 10 years old the year they relegated us. Beating them 1-4 at Portman Road the year after, with us on the rise and them heading in the opposite direction, was a very sweet moment. Eyal's goal was a belter.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
2006-07
1 Manchester United
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4 Arsenal
5 Tottenham Hotspur
6 Everton
7 Bolton Wanderers
8 Reading
9 Portsmouth
10 Blackburn Rovers
11 Aston Villa
12 Middlesbrough
13 Newcastle United
14 Manchester City
15 West Ham United
16 Fulham
17 Wigan Athletic
18 Sheffield United
19 Charlton Athletic
20 Watford

Of the 14 teams above us 7 of them have been relegated and one of them is in League 2!
Frightening looking at that table. Outside the top 6 only us and Villa haven't been relegated since then and 9 of the 14 are still down there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.