The Roses or Oasis, who would be the support act?

newtonheathdave said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'd imagine The Stone Roses would be the support act because they've been less commercially successful over the years.

But could we not just fuck Oasis off, bring out The Smiths and let The Stone Roses support them by playing their first album from front to back?

I am really surprised at the lack of love for Oasis. Them first 2 albums are class. The b sides is class and they have had some pretty decent songs that have appeared on the other albums.

I would take the 20 best Oasis tunes to be as good as the top 20 tunes of either the Smiths or the Roses.
Oasis' first two albums are good - I will grant you that. But I don't think I could stand in the same air-space as someone like Liam Gallagher. Noel is tolerable because he has some kind of compassion and decency within his personality, but Liam could fall off the face of the music industry and I would happily celebrate.

Liam would probably want to promote fucking Beady Eye again. Now they are shit.

MCFC BOB said:
newtonheathdave said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'd imagine The Stone Roses would be the support act because they've been less commercially successful over the years.

But could we not just fuck Oasis off, bring out The Smiths and let The Stone Roses support them by playing their first album from front to back?

I am really surprised at the lack of love for Oasis. Them first 2 albums are class. The b sides is class and they have had some pretty decent songs that have appeared on the other albums.

I would take the 20 best Oasis tunes to be as good as the top 20 tunes of either the Smiths or the Roses.
Oasis' first two albums are good - I will grant you that. But I don't think I could stand in the same air-space as someone like Liam Gallagher. Noel is tolerable because he has some kind of compassion and decency within his personality, but Liam could fall off the face of the music industry and I would happily celebrate.

Liam would probably want to promote fucking Beady Eye again. Now they are shit.

The funny thing about that, is that by all accounts it is Noel that is apparently a **** in real life where as Liam is supposed to be a proper sound bloke.

I will give you that about beady eye though. Instantly forgetable songs.

Roses for me everyday! Oasis are a more mainstream band, even though more people know their tunes, it doesn't make them better..

The b sides the roses knocked out are gobsmacking

A Northern Soul said:
Roses for me everyday! Oasis are a more mainstream band, even though more people know their tunes, it doesn't make them better..

The b sides the roses knocked out are gobsmacking

You would be hard pressed to find better b sides than the Oasis ones. The ones they stuck on the masterplan are out of this world.

Can I just add that I love both bands here lol? I am not just an Oasis fan (plus I think the Mondays were better than them both :-) )

Fuzzy Logic said:
FantasyIreland said:
The Roses are past it and Oasis never had it.

You want talent,look no further than Blur.
Well said, blur piss on both of them. Saw them at Hyde Park last year and they were amazing.

Look at the back catalogue and see how they have evolved and stayed good for 20 years where oasis and the roses had a handful of good tunes and never changed

Ahh, the the old "Oasis never changed" chestnut. When did the Jam, the Who, the Sex Pistols, Joy Division or the Smiths change?

Just because a band aren't as successful with a type of music as they'd like to be, so change it but fail to hit the heights again, it doesn't make them better than the band who stick to what they're good at and carry on knocking out the goods.

MCFC BOB said:

To be honest BOB, Liam has rarely done any TV work or magazine interviews so I don't really know how you could give an opinion on his personality.

ElanJo said:
Oasis are/were bigger and better than the Roses

Maybe it would have been different had the Roses not fallen up their own arseholes after one album

You could argue Oasis fell up theirs after two and there's been numerous line up changes which resulted in no original members left. Bonehead, Guigsy and Tony McCarroll along with a singer whose name escapes me first formed the band. The Liam joined and then Noel.

peoffrey said:
ElanJo said:
Oasis are/were bigger and better than the Roses

Maybe it would have been different had the Roses not fallen up their own arseholes after one album

You could argue Oasis fell up theirs after two and there's been numerous line up changes which resulted in no original members left. Bonehead, Guigsy and Tony McCarroll along with a singer whose name escapes me first formed the band. The Liam joined and then Noel.

Oasis wrote 4 albums worth of material which was class (DM, MG and the B-sides) as well as a number of quality tracks in amongst the lesser albums, imo.

It amazes me why Noel went with so many classics as B-Sides. Rockin Chair, as well as many others, should have been a single ffs

ElanJo said:
Oasis wrote 4 albums worth of material which was class (DM, MG and the B-sides) as well as a number of quality tracks in amongst the lesser albums, imo.

It amazes me why Noel went with so many classics as B-Sides. Rockin Chair, as well as many others, should have been a single ffs

My ten favorite Oasis tracks would be from the era you've just described. There's some good moments on SOTSOG and others - but he Noel seemed to burn out after Wonderwall and Live Forever.

Many Britpop bands could've had good careers on Half The World Away and Aquiesce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.